BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

458,990 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
Geralt of Rivia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Which location?
Goose83
AG
textar4404 said:

Goose83 said:

Collectonian said:

textar4404 said:

Are there any Spoons locations still open in town? The one is Bryan is no more (or at least it has a new name). We have a few full punch cards and are wondering if we should just throw them away or if one of the College Station locations is still in business. Their last post on their facebook page is a year old.
They sold the stores to new owners, who reopened them as Farmhouse Frozen Yogurt. Farmhouse said on their Facebook page that they can't honor Spoons gift cards or punch cards since they are a different company.
Wasn't Spoons the one that offered a free lifetime supply of yogurt to those customers who camped out early for each store's grand opening?

If so, that would suck right about now.

Interesting. Purchase a company without having to take on their debts or obligations.
On second thought, it may have just have been a year's worth (in which case, it probably would have already expired by now). Perhaps someone with a better memory than mine can chime in.

Still, a bummer for those with gift cards (I still have a valid TGIFridays's card that was given to me a couple of weeks before they pulled the plug on the College Station location).
KidDoc
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

Which location?
OH I forgot they expanded-- this was @ Fitch.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Awesome. That's what I assumed, but wanted to make sure
rocketscience
AG
Uncorked is officially moving to The Yard in South College Station, in the development at Fitch and 6 (per their Facebook).
Tailgate88
AG
I figured this was coming when I heard The Village Cafe was opening a wine bar next door, which is where Uncorked is now. Will they be "Southside Uncorked" or just "Uncorked"? Either way, with the demise of the Tipsy Bean (RIP) this is a welcome addition!
Captn_Ag05
AG
It appears the rumors of Gringo's happening again were true. Site plans were submitted to the city of CS last week.
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
Still planned in the Tower Point area?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Yes, near Walk-Ons.
AggieBaseball06
AG
Apparently the owner of Pour Haus in New Braunfels is opening a version of it on Northgate where Schotzi's used to be.

https://www.pourhausnb.com/
TommyBrady
AG
Its going to go over well. Between Chimys and Bar 12 that might be the most popular part of NG when its open!
AggiePhil
AG
Wish it wasn't going to be at NG.
techno-ag
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Yes, near Walk-Ons.
That area is becoming Restaurant Row South.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Tailgate88
AG
South side of College Station will never be able to support a decent restaurant.

/MyBCS 2017
techno-ag
AG
Yes but ... it's on the bypass. That makes all the difference.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
techno-ag said:

Yes but ... it's on the bypass. That makes all the difference.

That area is not the bypass.
AgsWin2011
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

It appears the rumors of Gringo's happening again were true. Site plans were submitted to the city of CS last week.

Told y'all!
Post removed:
by user
techno-ag
AG
Have we mentioned the new UPS facility? It's open. Next to and behind the old one off Osborn and feels like it tripled their space. They now have an entrance directly to the access road on the bypass before the hotels between MLK & Boonville.

- Joe Biden

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
techno-ag said:

Have we mentioned the new UPS facility? It's open. Next to and behind the old one off Osborn and feels like it tripled their space. They now have an entrance directly to the access road on the bypass before the hotels between MLK & Boonville.

They should do well with access off the actual bypass.
Collectonian
A new specialty calzone place, CALZ, will be opening in early June at the old West Side Elixirs space on Church Street.

(per The Eagle)
gus1390
AG
saw work being done at the Kreuz building on the highway today. Twin Peaks finally getting ready to open?
war hymn aggie
AG
Five Guys had their road sign put up today.
Bcs90
They're shooting for a June or July opening.
rocketscience
AG
Velvet Taco coming in September. I guess they switched spaces from the planned new building they were originally going into since this says existing retail to new restaurant.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Project/TABS2021011502

The Lutheran Student Center apartment tower project is planned to start in June.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Project/TABS2021011125
Sub4
AG
I didn't think we were ready for new student housing developments. But given the Single-family home real estate market right now, the prices could drive students towards larger complexes. Maybe we are ready? who knows.
Wineewoman
Howdy. Uncorked lost its lease so it is moving to the CapRock area. Kristy bought the building and will put in a wine bar in Uncorked's place, but Uncorked itself is not being taking over. Lol, I know Symantecs. Uncorked will be going into hibernation until the south CS building is complete which will probably be the end of the summer.
Wineewoman
Uncorked lost its lease and is moving to the CapRock area in south College Station. The building will probably not be complete until late summer. Hope to see you then!
BlueMiles
AG
Thank you for following up!
rocketscience
AG
Hopefully Northgate will always be ready for new complexes (due to proximity to campus and nightlife) at the expense of complexes further away from campus. But that's a win for everyone except the complexes further from campus. Less traffic due to students walking and less people driving home from Northgate are both good things.
Tailgate88
AG
Wineewoman said:

Howdy. Uncorked lost its lease so it is moving to the CapRock area. Kristy bought the building and will put in a wine bar in Uncorked's place, but Uncorked itself is not being taking over. Lol, I know Symantecs. Uncorked will be going into hibernation until the south CS building is complete which will probably be the end of the summer.

Thanks for clarifying! Will it be at The Yard or nearby? Either way looking forward to it!
MiMi
S
A sign for 'Bubbies Kolache Kitchen and Bakery' in a window at the end of the new strip center between Tad's and Exxon/Mooyah.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
susieq30 said:

When is Las Palapas (the old Taco Cabana) supposed to open?

Apparently, it's now open!
ratfacemcdougal
Zoners has a new help wanted banner up
Captn_Ag05
AG
Site plans for a 15,000+ square-feet bank location at 2818 and Rudder. The bank name is listed as confidential on the plans.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.