BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

456,477 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
Jon Ponder 08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not that I claim to know anything, but looks like 700 address is the building that houses Wingstop. Maybe in the old Blake's steaks or genghis grill spot?

I need Snooze to happen!!
FlyRod
Quote:

You may want to check the reviews out online before going there.

Online reviews have lost their luster since The Oracle left town, and was subsequently deplatformed from his kingdom.
LastHamlet
AG
FlyRod said:

Quote:

You may want to check the reviews out online before going there.

Online reviews have lost their luster since The Oracle left town, and was subsequently deplatformed from his kingdom.

Does his name rhyme with leg?
aggiemom89
Sign outside of must be heaven in downtown Bryan says new restaurant "Sweet Relish" coming soon.
bcstx06
aggiemom89 said:

Sign outside of must be heaven in downtown Bryan says new restaurant "Sweet Relish" coming soon.

So Must Be Heaven in Downtown closed?
Look Out Below
AG
I hope not. I ate there yesterday.
trouble
AG
Looks like they are just renaming.

bcstx06
We should try to petition Belk to take the place of Macy's. I really hate to see Post Oak Mall go down like that. Or Dillards could move into the space and combine both of its other stores and their old spaces can be redeveloped.

How much longer can JC Penny last?
motherrunnersBCS
Belk is close to going bankrupt. I would love to see Belk open here, but it is not happening.
jman12878
Isn't Belk just a Kohls with a coat of paint on it? Same products...same discounts...same crappy "cash" coupons program?
JayHowdy!
Jon Ponder 08 said:

Not that I claim to know anything, but looks like 700 address is the building that houses Wingstop. Maybe in the old Blake's steaks or genghis grill spot?

It looks like Snooze is still happening, and Toasted Yolk is going into the old Genghis Grill restaurant.
curry97
AG
What is going in the old Jack in the Box building by the CS Kroger? Saw work being done there a couple of months ago, and today they are back. Looks like the dining area was gutted inside.
jja79
AG
Toasted Yolk will kill it. So much better than the other similar type places.
ChampsAg
Bank
KidDoc
AG
I finally got around to visiting the new Popeye's on Sunday for lunch. I got in the drive through line, it was about 4 cars to the menu board. I got to the menu board and they had a sign posted on it that drive through is cash only and no change made but for some reason they can take credit cards inside. Per my normal behavior I had zero cash on me so I went and parked to go in and order to go.

So I walk up to the door and there is a sign up there that only 5 people can be inside at a time and to wait outside until an employee tells you to come in. I get in line behind a few other people and wait.. about 15 minutes later another customer comes out with her food and goes to her car, then promptly stomps back in because the order was wrong.

The next customer comes and out and lets me know to go in and order because the roughly 10 other people waiting around are waiting on their food and/or orders were wrong.

I finally go in an order (about 20 minutes so far). I actually get my food quickly and it was very good! I had the fish sandwich with red beans & rice and chocolate filled beignets for dessert.

Anyway I just figured I would share my most Popeye's experience ever!

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
I'm stunned it took you so long to get over there.
KidDoc
AG
trouble said:

I'm stunned it took you so long to get over there.
Well I did go to Jamaica then came home to the big freeze so it delayed my feast!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wareagle044
Did must be heaven take new ownership or just change names to Sweet relish cafe ?
trouble
AG
Looks like just a name change
rocketscience
AG
JayHowdy! said:

Jon Ponder 08 said:

It looks like Snooze is still happening, and Toasted Yolk is going into the old Genghis Grill restaurant
Snooze recently pulled permits.

Fujifilm recently pulled permits for another building, the Nexus Warehouse

Insomnia Cookies pulled sign permits recently for the building next to the Aggieland Credit Union building. I've had them in Baton Rouge and Tempe, they're very similar to Tiff's Treats and are really good! They have locations in college towns and big cities.

EDIT: Biotech company Matica Biotechnology broke ground on an office in College Station at Providence Park. Should eventually bring 100 jobs.

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/02/23/new-life-sciences-business-breaks-ground-in-college-station/
wareagle044
rocketscience said:

JayHowdy! said:

Jon Ponder 08 said:

It looks like Snooze is still happening, and Toasted Yolk is going into the old Genghis Grill restaurant

Insomnia Cookies pulled sign permits recently for the building next to the Aggieland Credit Union building. I've had them in Baton Rouge and Tempe, they're very similar to Tiff's Treats and are really good! They have locations in college towns and big cities.

Believe they deliver all the way till 2-3 am - had them in Lexington
Bones2012
AG
rocketscience said:

JayHowdy! said:

Jon Ponder 08 said:

EDIT: Biotech company Matica Biotechnology broke ground on an office in College Station at Providence Park. Should eventually bring 100 jobs.

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/02/23/new-life-sciences-business-breaks-ground-in-college-station/

Is this nexus warehouse behind their original building? When you pass by there from 60 you can see their 2nd new building obviously across the street but I have been trying to figure out what is going on directly behind their original building. I'm assuming if they are just now pulling permits they couldn't have already been working on this building.
J182
AG
The Village in DtB made this announcement
Quote:

She was also excited to announce a new addition, as she purchased the building next door and is planning to open a new wine bar in June 2021 that celebrates art and the Bohemian lifestyle.

"I'm going to call it 'Vino Boheme,'" Petty said. "The Village is about community and supporting local art. The wine bar is going to be a celebration of art and the counterculture artists that have led us to where we are today. For me, it's The Village by night."
http://www.thebatt.com/life-arts/the-village-cafe-combines-food-art-in-one-atmosphere/article_66c62474-7654-11eb-aa67-ab7b63210249.html?fbclid=IwAR2zRb32ZdibrQCmf4EEsd_4dIE4LCK3b52qyF5jVCCf9vkuKmq1__4P5gw
jeffk
AG
Awesome. We love The Village.
BlueMiles
AG
The building next door, is that where Downtown Uncorked is/was, or a different building?
Tailgate88
AG
So they are taking over Downtown Uncorked? I had heard DU might be moving.
bushytailed
AG
Is Zoners reopening or is a new business moving in? I was at Blue Fin for lunch and noticed a sign in the Zoners window that said "grand opening March 1 tentatively" or something along those lines.
Goose83
AG
KidDoc said:

I finally got around to visiting the new Popeye's on Sunday for lunch. I got in the drive through line, it was about 4 cars to the menu board. I got to the menu board and they had a sign posted on it that drive through is cash only and no change made but for some reason they can take credit cards inside. Per my normal behavior I had zero cash on me so I went and parked to go in and order to go.

So I walk up to the door and there is a sign up there that only 5 people can be inside at a time and to wait outside until an employee tells you to come in. I get in line behind a few other people and wait.. about 15 minutes later another customer comes out with her food and goes to her car, then promptly stomps back in because the order was wrong.

The next customer comes and out and lets me know to go in and order because the roughly 10 other people waiting around are waiting on their food and/or orders were wrong.

I finally go in an order (about 20 minutes so far). I actually get my food quickly and it was very good! I had the fish sandwich with red beans & rice and chocolate filled beignets for dessert.

Yep, your standard, everyday Popeye's experience.

Move along now.
bcstx06
I can't remember if I ever mentioned it, but there is a new kids play place in the Bryan Target Center called Smarty Sprouts Kids' Club.

" Smarty Sprouts Kids' Club is a new indoor playground and recreation facility in the Bryan-College Station area. Smarty Sprouts Kids' Club."

https://smartysproutskidsclub.com/
dave99ag
AG
We've taken our kids several times to Smarty Sprouts. They had a fun time. You can book time in 2hr increments.
unmade bed
Goose83 said:

KidDoc said:

Yep, your standard, everyday Popeye's experience.

Move along now.

I have come to the conclusion that Popeyes restaurants are basically a social experiment where they are serving delicious food with the worst possible service in order to study how much the American consumer will put up with.
aneisch
AG
It looks like the a sign just went up claiming Chipotle and Starbucks will be coming soon next to the new Whataburger at Wellborn and Southwest Parkway
AggiePhil
AG
That's been known for several months now.
TLIAC
AG
Work being done on the old Ninfa's building. Any ideas!
BlueMiles
AG
Guess they never made it to the "coming soon" list.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.