BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

456,486 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
happyinBCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you
Aggie
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

jeffk said:

Glad you CS people are finally getting to experience the Popeye's goodness that us Bryanites have been enjoying for decades.
We had a Popeye's on Graham (it's now a Marco's.)

It was so terribly run that they closed it down. I don't think I ever had anything but a subpar experience there and wasn't shocked when it shut down.

There was also once a Popeyes across from A&M Consolidated HS in that Exxon center.
PS3D
I remember that Popeyes at the gas station. When it became a bank, they rebuilt the entire drive-through area. I'm not sure if Popeyes closed, then the Graham Road opened, or if there was a gap, but the Graham Road Popeyes really wasn't near anything when it opened, just hidden behind an office building that wasn't able to be seen or accessed very easily from the highway. By the time Marco's came along, hotels were beginning to be built around it.
mgreen
Aggie said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

jeffk said:

Glad you CS people are finally getting to experience the Popeye's goodness that us Bryanites have been enjoying for decades.
We had a Popeye's on Graham (it's now a Marco's.)

It was so terribly run that they closed it down. I don't think I ever had anything but a subpar experience there and wasn't shocked when it shut down.

There was also once a Popeyes across from A&M Consolidated HS in that Exxon center.
Correct. I lived off of Deacon and was there weekly.
Bones2012
AG
We went to tads for breakfast this morning and it was excellent. Highly recommend the catfish breakfast and the pancakes were awesome too!
kevmiller
Tads is ok but they built it too small... and whoever designed their parking lot should be punched in the face repeatedly .. whoever approved it should be kicked in the face repeatedly
TXAGBQ76
AG
Dude, you need to get some help and anger management classes! Lots of vitriol over a building and a parking lot,
rocketscience
AG
Another Dutch Bros going in. This one at the old Kroger shopping center at Texas and Southwest.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Project/TABS2021008992
Rapier108
waltonloads11 said:

Any more news about the ChicFilA in West Bryan? I feel like we been waiting for ever.
https://www.kbtx.com/2021/02/08/new-chick-fil-a-in-bryan-scheduled-to-be-open-this-summer/
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
rc_cat
rocketscience said:

Another Dutch Bros going in. This one at the old Kroger shopping center at Texas and Southwest.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Project/TABS2021008992
Drove by the new one on Wellborn yesterday and the line was all the way out to the side entrance on Deacon (?). Is this still just new store-itis or is there something magical about the menu? I mean, I tried a plain coffee and it was ok - maybe I'm just too old to understand....
waltonloads11
AG
It only took forever, but Rusty at KBTX reported that Chic Fil A Bryan will break grounds this month and be open in July.
waltonloads11
AG
Rapier108 said:

waltonloads11 said:

Any more news about the ChicFilA in West Bryan? I feel like we been waiting for ever.
https://www.kbtx.com/2021/02/08/new-chick-fil-a-in-bryan-scheduled-to-be-open-this-summer/

This! I been waiting for so long.
ChampsAg
I don't drink coffee personally but all my friends that do rave about Dutch Bros. I also hear that their line runs as efficiently as Chick-Fil-A.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, and getting a plain coffee at Dutch Bros is like going to Burger Mojo and getting the chicken strips. Like... it's on the menu, but that's not what people are coming for.

I'm a regular coffee guy myself also, but I had some of their other stuff when I was out in California last year and I liked it a lot better than Starbucks. Though if I'm in the mood for a latte or something I'd probably go to Gogh Gogh or Harvest just because I prefer local places.

They also absolutely nailed it on location.
trouble
AG
Harvest's Masala Chai Latte
Captn_Ag05
AG
That will be the fourth Dutch Bros location in BCS (Wellborn, one in front of Baylor Scott and White, and one near Target in Bryan).
CEAg78
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

That will be the fourth Dutch Bros location in BCS (Wellborn, one in front of Baylor Scott and White, and one near Target in Bryan).
The Bryan one will be near Kroger.
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Yes, sorry - was picturing the area by Kroger, but typed Target.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Someone had some major capital to bank a brand new chain (to this area), (4) franchise deal in our small market...impressive!!
jeffk
AG
Are we okay being colonized by the Dutch (again)?
bobinator
AG
ChampsAg said:

I don't drink coffee personally but all my friends that do rave about Dutch Bros. I also hear that their line runs as efficiently as Chick-Fil-A.
Finally jumped in the Dutch Bro's line this morning. It was very Chick Fil A-ish. Must have had six people working outside, two lanes, carhop girl was maybe too nice.

Only kinda downside right now is you need to pull up the menu on your phone when you drive up because, like Chick Fil A, they're taking orders before you get to the menu.

But the coffee is great. Will definitely be going back.
B2BCS15
AG
Hey I just wanted to help spread the word that we are remodeling the Jersey Mike's Rock Prairie/BSW location (Tuesday through Sunday). When I built out the first store, the corporate folks were finalizing the new look/finishes (the look of the Jones Crossing/HEB location) and we ended up on the tail-end of the old look. We'd love for you to come by the new location at Jones Crossing this week if you haven't been by, but if not, be sure to come check out the remodeled store at Rock Prairie next week! As always, thanks for all the support!

FlyRod
Quarantine bubble and I tried the new bar "101" in Bryan last night. Fun, funky new place. Had a vague Revolution feel (except the bathrooms were very clean and you didn't feel like you'd be teleported to a really unpleasant place when you walked in). Very friendly folks running the place. Nice outdoor seating and they're getting their outdoor heating game on (no that won't matter with the coming weather). Good drinks selection. Happy with it.
The Brazos Kid
FlyRod said:

Quarantine bubble and I tried the new bar "101" in Bryan last night. Fun, funky new place. Had a vague Revolution feel (except the bathrooms were very clean and you didn't feel like you'd be teleported to a really unpleasant place when you walked in). Very friendly folks running the place. Nice outdoor seating and they're getting their outdoor heating game on (no that won't matter with the coming weather). Good drinks selection. Happy with it.
I work down there on 26th but I cut out at 3 everyday before they open... not that I need to have them open earlier because I'm too old to start up "liquid lunches" again...
bcstx06
More about Dutch Bros:
https://austin.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/01-13-21-dutch-bros-expansion-plans-austin-drive-thru-coffee/

I didn't know the new on is the first in Texas and the Bryan Colony Park/Kroger location will be the 2nd.
techno-ag
AG
bcstx06 said:

More about Dutch Bros:
https://austin.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/01-13-21-dutch-bros-expansion-plans-austin-drive-thru-coffee/

I didn't know the new on is the first in Texas and the Bryan Colony Park/Kroger location will be the 2nd.

Quote:

Dutch Bros chose College Station for its Texas rollout, in part, Harris says, because of its proximity to Texas A&M University and the likelihood that the brand could start off strong there. In fact, with its cult-like following of caffeine fanatics, Dutch Bros served 1,869 cars on opening day, which the company says amounts to about 104 cars an hour and 1.7 cars a minute.
Wowzers.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Teb1
You may want to check the reviews out online before going there.
Hittag1492
AG
Teb1 said:

Is this in reference toDutch Brothers?
AggieBaseball06
AG
Hittag1492 said:

Teb1 said:

Is this in reference toDutch Brothers?

Currently have a 4.8 star rating on 88 reviews on Google

Hittag1492
AG
Just checking. That place is excellent. Great product and the service and staff are just as good so far.
halibut sinclair
FlyRod said:

We checked out The 101 recently as well and liked it a lot. Nice people, good drinks.
BCSWguru
halibut sinclair said:

FlyRod said:

We checked out The 101 recently as well and liked it a lot. Nice people, good drinks.

Want to check that place out as well.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Toasted Yolk going in at 700 University Dr E.

https://thetoastedyolk.com/

deh40
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Is this in addition to Snooze or replacing it?
dave99ag
AG
deh40 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Is this in addition to Snooze or replacing it?

That's a bummer if Snooze isn't coming. We've always enjoyed eating at Snooze.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.