BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

456,887 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
aggiemom89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone tried this? Do they have seating or is it to go only ?
kaj63 said:

The Renegade Kitchen in Bryan is hosting a "Friday Night Foodtique" on Fridays from 5-8pm through the end of August. Businesses that cook out of the shared commercial kitchen will have their products to sample and purchase. Last week featured Sweet Eve Creations, Gumbeaux Cajun Catering, M&M Seafood, Tio Tamales and the Taco Boss. You should check it out!
Collectonian
aggiemom89 said:

kaj63 said:

The Renegade Kitchen in Bryan is hosting a "Friday Night Foodtique" on Fridays from 5-8pm through the end of August. Businesses that cook out of the shared commercial kitchen will have their products to sample and purchase. Last week featured Sweet Eve Creations, Gumbeaux Cajun Catering, M&M Seafood, Tio Tamales and the Taco Boss. You should check it out!

Pretty sure it's only available on DoorDash or Grub Hub or the like - it's a shared kitchen space where multiple places cook for delivery
halibut sinclair
Collectonian said:

aggiemom89 said:

kaj63 said:

Pretty sure it's only available on DoorDash or Grub Hub or the like - it's a shared kitchen space where multiple places cook for delivery

Incorrect. They have seating and you can eat there or take it to go. M&M Seafood is the only one that uses the food delivery services. Also, they have extended it through the end of the year.
Eliminatus
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Toasted Yolk opened today officially

I like it a lot. In the same category as Cracker Barrel in terms of price and quality but also different enough menu wise to stand on its own. Like if you crossed Cracker Barrel with First Watch. A solid mix of hearty and brunch style. Glad central CS has an option like this now.

Definitely worth a try if y'all are on the fence.
jja79
AG
It's the best of the breakfast options. Better than Snooze, Stella and Another Broken Egg by quite a bit in my opinion.
isitjustme
AG
Eliminatus said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

Toasted Yolk opened today officially

I like it a lot. In the same category as Cracker Barrel in terms of price and quality but also different enough menu wise to stand on its own. Like if you crossed Cracker Barrel with First Watch. A solid mix of hearty and brunch style. Glad central CS has an option like this now.

Definitely worth a try if y'all are on the fence.
I agree with your take on options, price and quality. But I would say it's central BCS b/c it's pretty north CS.
ChampsAg
I have never been a fan of Cracker Barrell but my only experience is the one here in Bryan. We gave them multiple chances.

My favorite is far and away Stella here in town. Wish there were better "diner" options. Hullabaloo used to be a favorite of ours.
KidDoc
AG
jja79 said:

It's the best of the breakfast options. Better than Snooze, Stella and Another Broken Egg by quite a bit in my opinion.
I haven't tried Egg or Yolk but man the eggs benedict with habanero pork belly @ Snooze was pretty amazing yesterday.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Collectonian
halibut sinclair said:

Collectonian said:

aggiemom89 said:

kaj63 said:

Incorrect. They have seating and you can eat there or take it to go. M&M Seafood is the only one that uses the food delivery services. Also, they have extended it through the end of the year.

Oh, good to know. Curious as to how that works
One Louder
AG
KidDoc said:

I noticed lots of dirt work at the Tower Point HEB kinda between the parking lot and Petsmart/Gold's gym. Any idea what is going in there?

Shogun Japanese Grill
aggiepaintrain
AG
One Louder said:

KidDoc said:

I noticed lots of dirt work at the Tower Point HEB kinda between the parking lot and Petsmart/Gold's gym. Any idea what is going in there?

Shogun Japanese Grill

Pappasitos may open sooner than Shogun
toolshed
AG
New reptile and exotics place opened in the old day old bread shop (I think more recently a computer repair shop or something?) on 29th street across from the parking garage at St Joe's, S end of the old strip center. New daquari barn going up on the N end in the same location for reference.
JayHowdy!

Dave's Hot Chicken is going into the Urban Brick's space.
DimeBox17
AG
What ever happened to Urban Brick? I went there maybe the second day they opened and then went a several times after and thought it was solid pizza. Drove by one day and it appeared to be out of business.
Broncos
DimeBox17 said:

What ever happened to Urban Brick?
They closed.
KidDoc
AG
JayHowdy! said:

The pictures on their website look awful, or maybe I'm just too old for their target market.

DAVE'S HOT CHICKEN (daveshotchicken.com)

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
That cover picture is a hot damn mess
theNetSmith
AG
I'm old, and it looks good to me.

I'll try it out for you.
war hymn aggie
AG
Urban Bricks must not have been very good, as it closed within 2 years of it's original opening.....TWICE!
lawless89
KidDoc said:

JayHowdy! said:

The pictures on their website look awful, or maybe I'm just too old for their target market.

DAVE'S HOT CHICKEN (daveshotchicken.com)

That's what Nashville hot chicken looks like. Makes me excited because we really don't have anything like it in town.
theNetSmith
AG
war hymn aggie said:

Urban Bricks must not have been very good, as it closed within 2 years of it's original opening.....TWICE!
I went a couple times and thought it was great. Could have been in a better location.

I do see your winky wink face, tho, so.. not sure if serious.
KidDoc
AG
Yeah Urban Bricks was fine just a bad location and it is basically the same as Mod and Blaze both of which have better locations.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Lick Ice Cream going in at Century Square.
ChampsAg
Didn't realize how much construction was going on north of Hwy 21 on 6

I couldn't tell what any of it was...
techno-ag
AG
ChampsAg said:

New school going in at Tabor Rd. Eventually BTU will move out near DPS I think.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
FlyRod
Did Don Chente close its Bryan location and re-open in CS? Sad if so…right near my house. Loved their breakfast tacos.
trouble
AG
FlyRod said:

Did Don Chente close its Bryan location and re-open in CS? Sad if so…right near my house. Loved their breakfast tacos.

They opened a second location on hwy 21 but I haven't seen anything about the Villa Maria location closing.

It's right near my house too.
toolshed
AG
I've seen or heard nothing about a location in CS. They hyped their new 21 location for a while on FB before it opened, so imagine they'd have done the same if opening a CS location.

The VM location is always fairly busy when we go. Especially popular with the Mexican crowd, not just us white boys (and girls)!
FlyRod
Ok I feel slightly better about my chances of breakfast tacos tomorrow!
bcstx06
ChampsAg said:

I saw all of that also and thought it might be a new business park or a major business. I remember about 2-3 years ago a foreign company looking to open a US headquarters in a Bryan business park???
bcstx06
techno-ag said:

ChampsAg said:

I'm pretty sure that BTU is building a new headquarters next to Bomber Field in the midtown park area. I passed by the Bomber Park area a while back and the area is really starting to look great. It's going from run down to really nice. I wonder if all of the older homes in the area will be bought out and redeveloped?
ElephantRider
AG
bcstx06 said:

techno-ag said:

ChampsAg said:

I'm pretty sure that BTU is building a new headquarters next to Bomber Field in the midtown park area. I passed by the Bomber Park area a while back and the area is really starting to look great. It's going from run down to really nice. I wonder if all of the older homes in the area will be bought out and redeveloped?

BTU scrapped those plans.
toolshed
AG
BTU decided that property was too small and is planning to build next to our near the dps. No dirt is morning as they just recently made the decision.

I think the dirt work just north of Woodville on the west side of 6 is a storage building, at least according to the coming soon sign.

N of 2818 and W of 6, the big area cleared is the new Fedex facility.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The old Albertsons on University is up for sale. The listing indicates HEB has 1.5 years left on the lease. But, promising that something may finally happen with this prime spot on University.

https://oldhamgoodwin.com/properties/601-607-university-drive/
Broncos
Captn_Ag05 said:

The old Albertsons on University is up for sale. The listing indicates HEB has 1.5 years left on the lease. But, promising that something may finally happen with this prime spot on University.

https://oldhamgoodwin.com/properties/601-607-university-drive/
Someone should open one of those places with trampolines and other random games in that location.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.