BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

458,886 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
rmarshall2014
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
90 bull said:

The Costco house brands are really good. That is the biggest benefit to me.

This. And the gas will consistently be the cheapest in town.
TommyBrady
AG
This was University House in Austin so maybe it will look better in person than the renderings

RJ3
AG
Costco has crazy customer loyalty with all the different things you can buy with the membership. We have friends that have booked vacations, refinanced their mortgage, and even purchased AC systems all through Costco.
MiMi
S
Buff City Soap is coming to Jones Crossing - on the other end of building where Oishi is located. I got excited when I saw the sign because I thought it said 'Soup' not 'Soap.' I'm not as excited about a soap company that wants to be known as the "Starbucks of soap."

Buff City Soap
techno-ag
AG
rmarshall2014 said:

90 bull said:

The Costco house brands are really good. That is the biggest benefit to me.

This. And the gas will consistently be the cheapest in town.
It'll be interesting to see how their gas prices compare to Sam's.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Counterpoint
AG
How long does it take to build a Costco (once construction starts)?
Broncos
Go ahead and add hail damage pop-ups to the coming list.
waltonloads11
AG
Heard that Southerns closed, not sure if true bc I don't venture to the mall much.
halibut sinclair
waltonloads11 said:

Heard that Southerns closed, not sure if true bc I don't venture to the mall much.

Their Facebook says temporarily closed until further notice.
wareagle044
halibut sinclair said:

waltonloads11 said:

Their Facebook says temporarily closed until further notice.

Stemming from the employee tax fraud issue ?
PS3D
Looks like the KFC at the corner of SW Parkway and Texas is renovating, with those long trash containers outside but the drive through still open. Guessing they're trying to compete with the Popeyes, which seems to do a better business.
Sub4
AG
Regardless of Popeyes, that location needed a renovation. It looks drab
dcrewint
Does anyone actually know the opening date for five guys? I have noticed that they've only come out and said later this month. From what I have read.
AggieBaseball06
AG
dcrewint said:

Does anyone actually know the opening date for five guys? I have noticed that they've only come out and said later this month. From what I have read.

I googled "5 guys coming on date" but, alas, I don't have an answer for you. I need to go sit in a dark, quiet place now.
dcrewint
AggieBaseball06 said:

dcrewint said:

I googled "5 guys coming on date" but, alas, I don't have an answer for you. I need to go sit in a dark, quiet place now.

I'd give you a star but that might brighten your place...?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
AggieBaseball06 said:

dcrewint said:

Was it just photos of Mark May from ESPN?
Captn_Ag05
AG
337,000 square foot FedEx Distribution center going in in Bryan.
FlyRod
New place called Maama's African Kitchen, seems to be takeout and maybe delivery only. The photos on their FB page look pretty good. Lots of rice dishes snd stews. Chef is from Nigeria.
PS3D
FlyRod said:

New place called Maama's African Kitchen, seems to be takeout and maybe delivery only. The photos on their FB page look pretty good. Lots of rice dishes snd stews. Chef is from Nigeria.
A "restaurant" operating out of an apartment unit isn't exactly promising.
trouble
AG
PS3D said:

FlyRod said:

Are they cooking out of their home kitchen?
halibut sinclair
PS3D said:

FlyRod said:

Do you know for a fact they are operating out of an apartment?
Broncos
halibut sinclair said:

PS3D said:

FlyRod said:

Do you know for a fact they are operating out of an apartment?
117 Holleman Dr W, College Station, TX 77840

Is the address listed when you Google them.
dallasiteinsa02
I am pretty sure that is illegal. It is like the bakers that can't cook with eggs outside of a commercial kitchen.
halibut sinclair
They could easily be using a commercial kitchen and that's their home/contact address. We have some friends with a similar business who do just that.
trouble
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

I am pretty sure that is illegal. It is like the bakers that can't cook with eggs outside of a commercial kitchen.

That's not quite right. We can use eggs. Not all finished products that use eggs need to be refrigerated.
FlyRod
Looks like they are not actually new but have been around since September at least. Guessing if they were illegal they'd be shut down by now.

Unrelated , but we appear to be getting an Oh My Gogi Korean food truck. Apparently they had a soft opening Thursday according to the Twitter.
TXAGBQ76
AG
I'm a Costco bigot! Their stores to me seem brighter, cleaner, better products (Kirklands vs whoever Sam's uses), etc. their fresh produce and meat seems to be higher quality, etc. Just my opinion though.
TLIAC
AG
tb9665 said:

Not sure if I missed it. There is a big dumpster where Ninfas was. Any ideas?
I asked this same question a while back. No one replied so I guess it's a mystery?
chloelee
Ninfa's supposedly busted pipes from the freeze.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Panda Express closed until further notice due to technical difficulties.
jeffk
AG
Which location?
MsDoubleD81
AG
Texas Avenue CS In bed bath and beyond center.
PS3D
chloelee said:

Well, it was already closed and had been closed for months. It was closed well before COVID if I recall.
toolshed
AG
PS3D said:

chloelee said:

Well, it was already closed and had been closed for months. It was closed well before COVID if I recall.

They're simply answering a question as to why there were big dumpsters outside. People assumed remodeling was going on for a new business.
halibut sinclair
PS3D said:

chloelee said:

Closed in March 2019. Pipes could still have water in them and freeze, you know.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.