BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

458,976 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PS3D said:

bcstx06 said:

I don't see how College Station folks complain about your city being strict on developers and many times running them off.
That was just a rumor propagated by one user on here who claimed he had developer friends in the biz. When pressed, he wouldn't give any information (despite College Station's servers keeping the paper trails) to protect them. At best, this seems to imply that there was enough reasonable doubt that the city wasn't in the wrong. At worst, it's complete nonsense to try to smear CoCS.

Had to be the case. I have never seen or heard of any companies pulling out of College Station. There was a rumor that Hooters did because of the Orange color ordinance but that's about it.

In other news, I'm hearing from several people that a major employer is coming to a North Bryan business park. This employer has something to do logistics and distribution. I hope it's true and if so it's something the entire area will be happy about because the speed in which they receive packages from a certain online retailer should be much faster. Let's all hope it's true!
bcstx06
Kelsey-Seybold Clinic has a job posting for Bryan, TX. The job job description also says that the position is in College Station, making it confusing which city they are planning to build/locate in. Maybe both??? Either way, it's great to see another medical clinic come to town.

https://hrhouston.associationcareernetwork.com/job/hr-generalist/56457690/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Post removed:
by user
EBrazosAg
AG
bcstx06 said:

Kelsey-Seybold Clinic has a job posting for Bryan, TX. The job job description also says that the position is in College Station, making it confusing which city they are planning to build/locate in. Maybe both??? Either way, it's great to see another medical clinic come to town.

https://hrhouston.associationcareernetwork.com/job/hr-generalist/56457690/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

https://www.intelligence360.news/kelsey-seybold-clinic-to-spend-7000000-00-to-occupy-25500-square-feet-of-space-in-college-station-texas/

Not sure KS is great to see... but whatever. $311 per sq ft is some $$ for a clinic.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
EBrazosAg
AG
Looks like Wayfair for medicine

https://www.virtualbx.com/construction-preview/college-station-kelsey-seybold-to-open-up-call-center-in-city/
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bcs90
happyinBCS
So I guess it is just a call center? not a clinic, the other article seemed to point to a clinic
Captn_Ag05
AG
Probably more jobs from the call center and they may be inclined to open a clinic at some point having other operations in town.
BlueMiles
AG
Bcs90 said:

Is this the "anonymous, name withheld" one from earlier in the thread?
Tailgate88
AG
BlueMiles said:

Bcs90 said:

Is this the "anonymous, name withheld" one from earlier in the thread?
No, that one is at the "north west" corner of the bypass and 2818, south of Central Park.
BlueMiles
AG
Thanks
EBrazosAg
AG
No connection between a call center and a clinic. Other Houston healthcare entities have moved call centers here as well. Seems we have a relatively cheap supply of intelligent folks for health care call centers.
Captn_Ag05
AG
There are plans for a new senior living center, called Hudson Oaks, at 3345 University Dr. in Bryan (between Copperfield and Corporate Centre Drive). The plan is for 172 units in the development.
meezermom
So this [perhaps] Costco - 2818 and Rudder? Does that mean 2818 and the bypass? Where is this 19 acres?
Captn_Ag05
AG
meezermom said:

So this [perhaps] Costco - 2818 and Rudder? Does that mean 2818 and the bypass? Where is this 19 acres?
Midtown development. Just south of BSW hospital.
techno-ag
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

meezermom said:

It's confusing because there's a midtown development in Bryan, too.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
rocketscience
AG
BigShots has finally broken ground.

This is what the apartments replacing the Lutheran Student Center are planned to look like. Demolition starts in May. Based on the developers other projects this could likely be branded "University House".

meezermom
Yes, Techno, that's also confusing! So if it's near the Scott & White Hospital, that's not near 2818 (that's over by Emerald Forest). So is it going to be near the new water tower, is that where they are talking about this 19 acres?
meezermom
Captn_Ag05 said:

meezermom said:

That's not near 2818, though. Sounds like they're talking about where the new water tower is, which is more like Rock Prairie and the bypass, and not 2818 (which is Emerald Forest) and the bypass. I'm even more confused now! And each city having a Midtown development doesn't help.
Average Joe
AG
https://www.midtowncitycenter.com/

It's right behind the BSW hospital/new water tower/Harley dealership.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Quote:

On Wednesday, Costco Wholesale filed a site plan with the City of College Station for a 160,534 square foot facility to be located along Earl Rudder Freeway (SH-6) in Midtown.

The retail store and fueling station would occupy nearly 19 acres of city-owned commercial property along Rudder Freeway at Midtown Drive, just north of Express Care at St. Joseph Health.

"We've had the pleasure of working with Costco for many, many months to reach this point," said Natalie Ruiz, College Station's director for Economic Development. "We believe they are a perfect anchor for Midtown and would be a shopping destination for residents throughout the Brazos Valley and for anyone visiting Aggieland. Now, it's time to take the next steps."
Costco confirmed!

https://cstx.gov/news/what_s_new/costco_wholesale_files_site_plan
Captn_Ag05
AG
Looks to be basically across Rudder from Saltgrass, Walk-Ons, and the coming soon Gringos.
Captn_Ag05
AG
A bonus is that you will be able to cook your dinner just using the sun's reflection off this building.
TommyBrady
AG
University House in Austin is pretty nice so I'm hoping they don't go cheap and really make it look good
UhOhNoAgTag
Next to the Methodist Church?
techno-ag
AG
Very cool. I know people used to say on here we didn't meet the demographics for a Costco. My how times have changed.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
UhOhNoAgTag said:

Next to the Methodist Church?

Yes, I think this is the spot in blue.
UhOhNoAgTag
Thanks! Good spot next door for Pappadeaux! LOL.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Not sure if this has been discussed, but the Big Shots will also have an outdoor 9-hole mini golf course.
ReelAg6
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the draw of Costco over Sam's? I've only been in a Costco liquor store, which I hope is part of the store here.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
ReelAg6 said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the draw of Costco over Sam's? I've only been in a Costco liquor store, which I hope is part of the store here.

It's new and different.

In all seriousness, Costco is to Sams as Target is to Walmart. Items may be a little nicer, a little more expensive (not always). But a little bit different selection.
doubledog
Mr.Short-termMemory said:

ReelAg6 said:

It's new and different.

In all seriousness, Costco is to Sams as Target is to Walmart. Items may be a little nicer, a little more expensive (not always). But a little bit different selection.
This, Sams is Walmart on steroids, or as my brother puts it "Walmart without the Walmart people"
Costco is more of a warehouse super store, buy big, spend big.
90 bull
AG
The Costco house brands are really good. That is the biggest benefit to me.
trouble
AG
90 bull said:

The Costco house brands are really good. That is the biggest benefit to me.

Agreed.
Picadillo
Thats one ugly apartment building. Ugh.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.