BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

459,295 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Site plans for a 15,000+ square-feet bank location at 2818 and Rudder. The bank name is listed as confidential on the plans.
who's left, we got every damn flavor of bank now
Rex Racer
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

susieq30 said:

When is Las Palapas (the old Taco Cabana) supposed to open?

Apparently, it's now open!
It is, indeed. My wife and I ate there on Friday for lunch, and it was very good, and the prices were also quite reasonable.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Site plans for a 15,000+ square-feet bank location at 2818 and Rudder. The bank name is listed as confidential on the plans.
Did you happen to catch which corner of that intersection? Just curious.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Northwest
dallasiteinsa02
Captn_Ag05 said:

Does anyone have a link to the information?
Captn_Ag05
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Does anyone have a link to the information?
Page 6

https://www.cstx.gov/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=17513431
TommyBrady
AG
bcstx06
The old Fuddruckers building on Harvey Road now has a sign that says Joe's Italian coming soon.
Tailgate88
AG
bcstx06 said:

The old Fuddruckers building on Harvey Road now has a sign that says Joe's Italian coming soon.
https://www.joesitaliangrill.com/

https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/67881dd8/files/uploaded/Main%20Menu%2012%202020.pdf

New location?
A Net Full of Jello
AG
That seems kind of expensive for that location, doesn't it? Maybe I'm wrong and it'll do great, but that's right across from Fazolis and shares a parking lot with Sweet Eugene's and Joy Luck. Seems high for a place where parking will be difficult in a building that used to be a counter service restaurant.
b0ridi
A Net Full of Jello said:

That seems kind of expensive for that location, doesn't it? Maybe I'm wrong and it'll do great, but that's right across from Fazolis and shares a parking lot with Sweet Eugene's and Joy Luck. Seems high for a place where parking will be difficult in a building that used to be a counter service restaurant.
Looks cheaper than Johnny Carinos, which is just down the street.
TXAGBQ76
AG
It started in a place on Hwy 6 that has been 5 or 6 different things. They moved to Hempstead off 290. We've eaten there 2-3 times, the food is good and you get a lot of it. We always have to take some home. I think it is reasonably priced for what you get.
toolshed
AG
There's a new "coming soon" sign there almost every time I drive by there! Amazes me that people continue to open something there. But maybe more of them outgrown and expand somewhere else than I realize?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yep
Collectonian
While at Culpepper Plaza today, spotted a sign for F&F Japanese Grill coming soon beside A&TT in the old He's Cafe location.

I'm presuming it's a new franchise location for this Dallas-based company: https://fastfuriousrestaurant.com/d-index.html
FlyRod
The Village is expanding into the old Downtown Uncorked location in Bryan. They will have a working kitchen specializing in tapas style dishes. They are working with a wine consultant who used to work for Dos Brisas. Trying for a May First Friday opening, though that seems ambitious.
ratfacemcdougal
Zoners is open again.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
That's a plan that will work if they have good food and wine with good service
Groundbreaking for the Chipotle/Starbucks seems to be underway there at Southwest Parkway and Wellborn.
FlyRod
Food truck on Briarcrest across from Bryan High, "Crawdaddy's Crawfish" or something like that. Thinking of giving it a try tomorrow, as the craving is real.
Tailgate88
AG
Not sure what happened to the thread but the old Jack in the Box by Kroger is going to be a Bank of America.
BQ_90
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Not sure what happened to the thread but the old Jack in the Box by Kroger is going to be a Bank of America.
Bad moderation
Tailgate88
AG
BQ_90 said:

Tailgate88 said:

Bad moderation
I assumed.
ratfacemcdougal
SIAP.....Raisin Cains in front of Briarcrest Walmart
halibut sinclair
ratfacemcdougal said:

SIAP.....Raisin Cains in front of Briarcrest Walmart

Not a fan of raisins.
Fbuckie
https://cstx.gov/news/what_s_new/podcast__we_re_getting_a_what_
Captn_Ag05
AG
Things I hadn't heard about that were in that episode

Kendra Scott at century square
Andy's frozen custard on Wellborn near the new Chipotle and Starbucks
An additional Dutch Bros at University and Eisenhower
5.11 Tactical in the old Jos A Banks location
Pinspiration at the Yard
Buff City Soap at Jones Crossing

dstarr6442
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Things I hadn't heard about that were in that episode

Kendra Scott at century square
Andy's frozen custard on Wellborn near the new Chipotle and Starbucks
An additional Dutch Bros at University and Eisenhower
5.11 Tactical in the old Jos A Banks location
Pinspiration at the Yard
Buff City Soap at Jones Crossing

If we truly get an Andy's, my dairy free diet and waistline are both gone
bcstx06
I'm sure that 19 acre commercial development in College Station Midtown will be a Costco.

I don't see how College Station folks complain about your city being strict on developers and many times running them off. College Station is on fire right now with new retail, restaurants and other commercial developments.

Come on Bryan! I know you can do better then just a new Chick Fil a and a Rasing Caines.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I suspect it is a Costco as well. Not much else would need that acreage and be something people would be really excited about like they mentioned.
tb9665
Not sure if I missed it. There is a big dumpster where Ninfas was. Any ideas?
bcstx06
Captn_Ag05 said:

I suspect it is a Costco as well. Not much else would need that acreage and be something people would be really excited about like they mentioned.

Yes. I will bet any of you that it's a Costco. I searched "19 acres" and "Costco" and several results showed up with cities showing Costco proposing a 19 acre site for a new Costco. So yeah. It's all but confirmed that it is a Costco.
TommyBrady
AG
Yeah agreed on Costco. They usually are within a few acres of 16 depending on number of gas pumps and number of exits in the parking design. I hope they hurry up
PS3D
bcstx06 said:

I don't see how College Station folks complain about your city being strict on developers and many times running them off.
That was just a rumor propagated by one user on here who claimed he had developer friends in the biz. When pressed, he wouldn't give any information (despite College Station's servers keeping the paper trails) to protect them. At best, this seems to imply that there was enough reasonable doubt that the city wasn't in the wrong. At worst, it's complete nonsense to try to smear CoCS.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.