BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

459,289 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
wareagle044
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Land looks to be getting cleared on access road next to San Rayburn Intermediate wonder what will be popping up there
halibut sinclair
wareagle044 said:

Land looks to be getting cleared on access road next to San Rayburn Intermediate wonder what will be popping up there
Looks like they are clearing it to sell:

https://www.svnriverstone.com/properties/?propertyId=514475-sale
bcstx06
CapRock ER has sold all but 2 of their locations. They kept the Hospital in the Bryan Target Center and their original location off of William D Fitch in the Tower Point area. They sold the other 2 locations to Integrity Urgent Care which already had one location locally in the Physician's Center.
EBrazosAg
AG
bcstx06 said:

CapRock ER has sold all but 2 of their locations. They kept the Hospital in the Bryan Target Center and their original location off of William D Fitch in the Tower Point area. They sold the other 2 locations to Integrity Urgent Care which already had one location locally in the Physician's Center.

It's a broken business model past it's prime.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PS3D
Brookshire Bros. opened its new store in College Station a few days ago. It's kind of small but it's a nice store, and is the only supermarket I know of with an amphitheatre next to it.
cslifer
Where the hospital and ER for sale? It looks like just the urgent care centers were sold.
trouble
AG
According to their instagram, the Dutch Bros in Bryan is open.
Tailgate88
AG
EBrazosAg said:

bcstx06 said:

Can you elaborate? Seems like they are popping up like mushrooms.
Justin2010
AG
Tailgate88 said:

EBrazosAg said:

bcstx06 said:

Can you elaborate? Seems like they are popping up like mushrooms.
They were about 10 years ago. Then people realized they weren't urgent care and charged exponentially more.
doubledog
PS3D said:

Brookshire Bros. opened its new store in College Station a few days ago. It's kind of small but it's a nice store, and is the only supermarket I know of with an amphitheatre next to it.
Went there today. Not impressed. It is geared towards students, lots of alcohol and higher prices etc.

I did find lemon grass though.
TommyBrady
AG
We love the new Brookshire Brothers! The paninis are delicious and the store offers way more Southern Brands than Kroger or HEB. The prices are higher for some things and lower on others. The outdoor areas are awesome for lunch or Dinner and hanging out with the Beer and Wine choices and tons of beer from the draft. We will be going back and can't wait for the live music to start up.

TXAGBQ76
AG
As soon as it was announced and saw the location, I was sure it was going to be very student oriented and not a regular shopping spot for non-students. Expected prices to be high due to the convenience factor.
kraut
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

As soon as it was announced and saw the location, I was sure it was going to be very student oriented and not a regular shopping spot for non-students. Expected prices to be high due to the convenience factor.
It's there to resupply tailgating.
ratfacemcdougal
New sign up for Believe Therapies in the Zoners center
Tailgate88
AG
Driving down South College yesterday and it looks like they are doing some renovation on the large country dance club just north of the old golf course. Anyone know what is going on there?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Makes sense.
Counterpoint
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Driving down South College yesterday and it looks like they are doing some renovation on the large country dance club just north of the old golf course. Anyone know what is going on there?

I hope they're reviving Denim & Diamonds!
war hymn aggie
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Bryan Bomber's new indoor training facility?
toolshed
AG
Looked to me like the cut it up into smaller retail, with multiple doors across the parking lot side. But I could be wrong.
JM04
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Live Oak Archery is moving there. Will have large retail area and indoor practice area.
Tailgate88
AG
JM04 said:

Tailgate88 said:

Live Oak Archery is moving there. Will have large retail area and indoor practice area.

Nice! They needed more than two "lanes" on their range for sure. My sons will both be excited about this.
CapRockHealth
Sponsor
bcstx06 said:

At CapRock, we have always been blessed to develop very personal and friendly relationships with all our patients. Because of these close relationships, we want to be as transparent and forthcoming as possible. As previously mentioned, we have taken steps and signed an agreement with Integrity Urgent Care to purchase both CapRock Urgent Care at Jones Crossing as well as CapRock Urgent Care at Century Square. Because our beginnings and expertise have always been in emergency care, we decided it was in our best interest to refocus our direction to hospital and ER care. Both CapRock Hospital in Bryan and CapRock 24-Hour Emergency Center in College station will remain as is.

Again, because we value the relationships and trust we've developed in the community, we would not have sold our urgent care business to Integrity if we did not believe that they would continue with the same quality of care that we've worked so hard to provide. The same staff that provided urgent care services under CapRock will continue to provide urgent care services under Integrity.

We thank our friends and neighbors in the B/CS for letting us care for you and your families, and look forward to caring for you in the future!
PS3D
Saw in the paper today that Promises Behavioral Health has opened (replacing the old Rock Prairie Behavioral Health, which closed last fall).

Also, SIAP, but the Panda Express on Texas closed due to "technical difficulties" was open the last time I drove by about a week ago.
KidDoc
AG
Ah addiction treatment. Needed but we really need help with adolescent mental health and the medicaid population which Rock Prairie helped with briefly.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Spoony Love
AG
My wife sees the same need for adolescent health. Someone could open a very large practice here and do a lot of good in this area.
313-7-12thMan
Any updates on Southern's? That was/is a good music venue. Hope they can reopen.
JaxDad
AG
Looks like the old Jack in the Box in the CS Kroger shopping center is being remodeled. Anyone know what it will be?
Geralt of Rivia
S
I think I saw it's going to be a bank a few pages back
AggieBaseball06
AG
Geralt of Rivia said:

I think I saw it's going to be a bank a few pages back

Finally! I was so tired of having to drive to Conroe to use a bank.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Same here
PS3D
When is In N Out Burger coming? Last I heard they wanted a location near campus, and there's now a few acres near campus with a hotel that's been closed for about a year now...
aggiemom89
Does anyone knows when Joe's Italian ( old Fuddruckers location) is going to be open?
Captn_Ag05
AG
The Kendra Scott location in Century Square opened today.
MiMi
S
Mad Melt has closed permanently as a restaurant. The space will likely be used for catering and private events..
birdman
MiMi said:

Mad Melt has closed permanently as a restaurant. The space will likely be used for catering and private events..
The switch from Mad Taco was a horrible business decision.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.