BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

460,423 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
src94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trouble said:

new straw said:

I have no idea what this means.

Swap car for beer and it's the old slogan from a used car dealer.
I think his latest version of that commercial is cheesier than the original.
src94
trouble
AG
src94 said:

trouble said:

new straw said:

Swap car for beer and it's the old slogan from a used car dealer.
I think his latest version of that commercial is cheesier than the original.
I haven't seen it. I rarely watch any local tv
src94
AG
It's almost the exact same script, just a decade newer.
src94
TSJ
AG
new straw said:

Watch KBTX till you see a commercial for Ed's Auto Sales.Its the tag line at the end of the commercial. The bar is located where that dealer used be. I think he was there from early 00's to just a couple years ago.

Those commercials are one of those cringy, almost ear worms. I had to share my pain.
Geralt of Rivia
S
TSJ said:

new straw said:

Watch KBTX till you see a commercial for Ed's Auto Sales.Its the tag line at the end of the commercial. The bar is located where that dealer used be. I think he was there from early 00's to just a couple years ago.

Those commercials are one of those cringy, almost ear worms. I had to share my pain.

They were there in the late 90s. I remember my friends and I making fun of what they had on their signs back in 7th and 8th grade
war hymn aggie
AG
That ol' Ed commercial when it was filmed while he was sitting at his desk & he says:

To paraphrase: "I'd never sell a car that I wouldn't sell a car to me neighbor" & then he takes a deep breath, looks up to the sky for inspiration & explains to the audience that "and my neighbor lives right next to me", as If the viewers didn't know what a neighbor truly was.

Thanks for that epiphany, Ed!

KBTX liked it so much that they played it for several years & in different variants but Ed's words of Wisdom were always included.
Tailgate88
AG
war hymn aggie said:

That ol' Ed commercial when it was filmed while he was sitting at his desk & he says:

To paraphrase: "I'd never sell a car that I wouldn't sell a car to me neighbor" & then he takes a deep breath, looks up to the sky for inspiration & explains to the audience that "and my neighbor lives right next to me", as If the viewers didn't know what a neighbor truly was.

Thanks for that epiphany, Ed!

KBTX liked it so much that they played it for several years & in different variants but Ed's words of Wisdom were always included.

Right across the street.
PS3D
New Development mentions a "DeAnn Swim Club" near Dartmouth and 2818.
rocketscience
AG
St. Mary's plans to break ground on the new church May 16. With this, the old Loupot's renovation finally finished, and the apartment tower planned to replace the Lutheran Student Center, it looks like there's another round of Northgate densification happening.

TommyBrady
AG
I hope someday the Baptist student ministry will sell the building at College Main and Church. Itwould be perfect corner for a new bar
chickencoupe16
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

...and it catgut fire and burned up...

Man, how many people's phones autocorrect caught to catgut? Reminds me of my mom accidentally bringing it home in her scrubs pockets.
ratfacemcdougal
what is the new maroon and gray metal building on the bypass just south of 21?
TSJ
AG
I think that's going to be a Vanguard truck sales center. Mack and Volvo tractor dealer.
Sleepnumber
AG
rocketscience said:

St. Mary's plans to break ground on the new church May 16. With this, the old Loupot's renovation finally finished, and the apartment tower planned to replace the Lutheran Student Center, it looks like there's another round of Northgate densification happening.

Wow....that's pretty spectacular.
Sub4
AG
I'm Not Catholic, but it's nice to see that architecture making a return. Newly built churches are so boring today. Looks nice
textar4404
Are there any Spoons locations still open in town? The one is Bryan is no more (or at least it has a new name). We have a few full punch cards and are wondering if we should just throw them away or if one of the College Station locations is still in business. Their last post on their facebook page is a year old.
ChampsAg
Pretty sure they were all bought out by Farmhouse. Someone else on here may know if they will honor it.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Love the design and can't wait to see this get built. I am a little surprised they aren't going with a parking structure and selling the rest of the land, rather than having a huge surface parking lot.
chickencoupe16
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Love the design and can't wait to see this get built. I am a little surprised they aren't going with a parking structure and selling the rest of the land, rather than having a huge surface parking lot.
Build a garage the size of the surface lot and charge Northgate patrons. Maybe there's a conflict with the church's beliefs but make it relatively cheap and last all night and you might discourage some from driving impaired. There'd be issues with that and clearing it in time for mass, but there are work arounds.
rocketscience
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

The original master plan for the campus has plans for a large event hall and apartment complexes (long term lease with a developer) on the back lots with extra space in the garages along with more green space. This all could still happen since the new church is going where the original master plan places it, the surface lots could very well be temporary.

TommyBrady
AG
Oh my that would be sick if that comes to fruition. That would make that area a very sought after few blocks
rocketscience
AG
Agreed. The plan really takes Northgate urbanization to a new level and enforces the historic nature of the district. Fingers crossed!
Captn_Ag05
AG
That's a great master plan. I appreciate the green space they have too. Would really be beneficial for the area.
Collectonian
textar4404 said:

Are there any Spoons locations still open in town? The one is Bryan is no more (or at least it has a new name). We have a few full punch cards and are wondering if we should just throw them away or if one of the College Station locations is still in business. Their last post on their facebook page is a year old.
They sold the stores to new owners, who reopened them as Farmhouse Frozen Yogurt. Farmhouse said on their Facebook page that they can't honor Spoons gift cards or punch cards since they are a different company.
Goose83
AG
Collectonian said:

textar4404 said:

They sold the stores to new owners, who reopened them as Farmhouse Frozen Yogurt. Farmhouse said on their Facebook page that they can't honor Spoons gift cards or punch cards since they are a different company.
Wasn't Spoons the one that offered a free lifetime supply of yogurt to those customers who camped out early for each store's grand opening?

If so, that would suck right about now.
textar4404
Goose83 said:

Collectonian said:

textar4404 said:

Wasn't Spoons the one that offered a free lifetime supply of yogurt to those customers who camped out early for each store's grand opening?

Interesting. Purchase a company without having to take on their debts or obligations.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
textar4404 said:

Goose83 said:

Collectonian said:

textar4404 said:

Interesting. Purchase a company without having to take on their debts or obligations.

Did they purchase the COMPANY or the LOCATION/ASSETS ?

That's probably the question
AG
Maybe another yogurt place will step up and honor them.
Collectonian
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Did they purchase the COMPANY or the LOCATION/ASSETS ?

That's probably the question
In their original Facebook post, Spoons said they sold the company, but it sounds like really they closed and sold the locations. Farmland itself started in Lufkin then expanded here when they bought the two Spoons places, so it sounds more likely they just wanted the location and assets to get started faster.
Bcs90
New southern tire mart location
Jetty
AG
Anyone know what's going in on Hwy 30 next to Site One?
KidDoc
AG
Angry Elephant has signicantly expanded their space and menu. Per the bartebder they did it back in August.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ratfacemcdougal
KidDoc said:

Angry Elephant has signicantly expanded their space and menu. Per the bartebder they did it back in August.
Don't text and drink and drive. ha
KidDoc
AG
Haha no doubt! But this was more of a problem of not bringing my reading glasses to lunch!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.