BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

456,879 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
jac4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Buff City Soap opens tomorrow

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/06/23/sneak-peek-buff-city-soap-officially-opens-thursday/

But how is the "soup"?
MiMi
S
Drove by Spice World Market and it looks close to being ready to open. Also noticed they have a Starbucks logo on the front of the building now.
Tailgate88
AG
MiMi said:

Drove by Spice World Market and it looks close to being ready to open. Also noticed they have a Starbucks logo on the front of the building now.

Geez that build took forever! On a related note, anyone know how Uncorked is coming along? I haven't even figured out exactly where it is
kraut
AG
Tailgate88 said:

MiMi said:

Geez that build took forever! On a related note, anyone know how Uncorked is coming along? I haven't even figured out exactly where it is
I believe Uncorked is going in one of those empty shell locations at the Yard.

https://www.theyardcs.com/
Tailgate88
AG
I thought so too but I thought the owner said it was a "new build" and I haven't noticed any work going on in either of the end locations.

I'm not very good at the whole patience thing though.
montegobay
I am not trying to be a jerk, but a soap store? Really? How much soap do you have to sell to make a profit?
trouble
AG
Think of it like bath and body works. They aren't selling dial soap.

It's handmade, fancy looking, costs like $7/bar.

They also have bath bombs and shower type stuff.

They are going to do just fine with the amount of disposable income available in College Station
techno-ag
AG
montegobay said:

I am not trying to be a jerk, but a soap store? Really? How much soap do you have to sell to make a profit?
The first rule about Fight Club..
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Ag2Max
AG
snaglepuss said:

MiMi said:

Twin Peaks Grand Opening is June 28.
They were packed last night. Maybe a soft opening?
Yes they had their friends and family nights on Friday and Saturday for training purposes. I attended Saturday night as I work for one of the owners but not for TP.

The grand opening does start today as they are open to the public this week from 5pm-12am. I believe they will open full time either on Saturday or next week.

I have to give the owners a lot of credit as they've designed a great looking restaurant on the inside. Great A&M decor but not overly done. They have memorabilia dating back to the early 1900's encased in glass in the fireplace/library room and a metal sculpture of the bonfire that is back lit to make it look likes its burning. That is located behind the bar area....it looks great. Also an amazing 203 inch big screen TV that really looks good.

Just wanted to give everyone the heads up about the opening tonight(Monday, June 28, 2021)!!
halibut sinclair
A report on Twin Peaks with no info about the most important part of Twin Peaks?
Broncos
Ag2Max said:

snaglepuss said:

MiMi said:

The grand opening does start today as they are open to the public this week from 5-12pm. I believe they will open full time either on Saturday or next week.
They're only open for breakfast this week, orrrr?
kddub
There is a new food truck that serves island food coming soon. Saw it on bcs foodie group on f.b.
Ag2Max
AG
halibut sinclair said:

A report on Twin Peaks with no info about the most important part of Twin Peaks?
LOL....there was some good talent for sure!! Casey was our waitress and she was great!!
isitjustme
AG
kddub said:

There is a new food truck that serves island food coming soon. Saw it on bcs foodie group on f.b.
Which island? Galveston, Hawaiian, Taiwan, Japan, Madagascar, Galapagos? I hope not England, but Ireland would be ok.
Ag2Max
AG
Broncos said:

Ag2Max said:

snaglepuss said:

MiMi said:

The grand opening does start today as they are open to the public this week from 5-12pm. I believe they will open full time either on Saturday or next week.
They're only open for breakfast this week, orrrr?
Corrected above......open 5pm to 12am. Sorry!!
Tailgate88
AG
kddub said:

Is that a public group?
halibut sinclair
Any word on Juanita's that was supposed to be opening in Century Square in early 2021?
kddub
isitjustme said:

kddub said:

Which island? Galveston, Hawaiian, Taiwan, Japan, Madagascar, Galapagos? I hope not England, but Ireland would be ok.
Caribbean
kddub
Tailgate88 said:

kddub said:

Is that a public group?
IDK, I found it by searching Bryan foodie group on FB.
halibut sinclair
Bryan College Station Foodies - it's a private group.
rc_cat
It's probably already in here, but it looks like the old Jack in the Box at Kroger/Rock Prairie is/will be a Bank of America.
bcstx06
rc_cat said:

It's probably already in here, but it looks like the old Jack in the Box at Kroger/Rock Prairie is/will be a Bank of America.

Yes, it looked pretty nice from what I seen from a distance. They should do one in Bryan also.
slyk
I think it was called Turf Greens. Next to the Dutch Kettle.
war hymn aggie said:

anyone else beside me remember when there was a putt-putt golf course around where the now closed Applebees is located?

Maybe across the street from A&W?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Many of the Zoe's are transitioning to Cava, which is Chipotle-like Mediterranean concept. Has anyone heard if the Century Square location will become a Cava as well?
motherrunnersBCS
New kolache place in town, on Fitch. Bubbie's Sweets.
bobinator
AG
Can't wait to hear some reviews of this place.

We only recently discovered Trackside, late to the game on that one.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I love Trackside, but they seem to be randomly closed a big fraction of the time we want to go.
toolshed
AG
I had two ham and cheese kolaches (I know, don't care) and they were awesome! I think probably my favorite in town by a long shot. They were sold out of a lot of things already at 9 this morning.

First bite of bread, I knew it would be good! Homemade yeast roll type flavor, not just a doughy bread. The bread is crisped lightly on the top but light and airy inside. The ham has a smoky flavor but not overpowering.

I'm looking forward to being back and trying some jalapeño and other kolaches and some of the sweet items as well, when they aren't sold out of most things.

Would definitely recommend them!
bcstx06
Does anyone know what happened to the company that was supposed to move their headquarters to Bryan at the corner of W. Villa Maria Rd. and Forestwood Dr.? It's where the BB&T Bank was located but burned down. I believe the City of Bryan offered them incentives to come to town. I think it was a lumber company.

In other news, it seems like the new Bank of America location in the College Station Kroger Center is all virtual, meaning no employees work there. You go there to use ATMs and you can sit at desk and speak to bankers virtually. There really is no need for that in the year 2021 with smart phones, FaceTime and online banking. They should've just put a ATM there. Maybe I'm missing the point.
ratfacemcdougal
What is the construction on 2818 just south of Villa Maria? Right now it looks like mini storage
Justin2010
AG
Rough Draught is reopening on the 9th I think
bcstx06
ratfacemcdougal said:

What is the construction on 2818 just south of Villa Maria? Right now it looks like mini storage

It is a mini storage place. They have other/another locations in the area, but I forgot the name of the company.
toolshed
AG
Brazos Moving and Storage I believe. He tends to build and hold them for a while and then sell them. He's built two in Boonville and one out by the speedway.
bobinator
AG
We had some on Saturday and they were good. Definitely different, seems to be a more "classic" recipe than the kind of sweeter kolache bread like you get at Kolache Rolfs or Trackside or most other places.

Really liked the pan sausage. They were already sold out of the jalapeno though.
bushytailed
AG
Rough Draught is reopening on Friday!

link

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.