BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

459,072 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
Hittag1492
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

Jinx said:

aggies4life said:

Dutchbros I believe

Excellent, thats a much more convenient spot for me

30 minute lines are inconvenient no matter what part of town.

I don't particularly like Starbucks, but I'll go there until Dutch Bros does online ordering.

I have never waited there longer than about 10 minutes. Maybe I go at times when it is not as busy as peak times. Anyway-loathe Starbucks as a company, and they take just as long even with pre-orders typically. JMO.
Tailgate88
AG
We ate lunch at the new Thai place where Rosie's Pho used to be and it was very good. Green Currey was spot on and we were out the door for $9 which was a large portion plus cup of soup and a small salad. I like Kluay Kluay but this place is definitely closer for those of us in CS.
techno-ag
AG
Tailgate88 said:

We ate lunch at the new Thai place where Rosie's Pho used to be and it was very good. Green Currey was spot on and we were out the door for $9 which was a large portion plus cup of soup and a small salad. I like Kluay Kluay but this place is definitely closer for those of us in CS.
Them's good prices for this town.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
JayHowdy!
Tailgate88 said:

They are both owned by the same people. So you can't go wrong at either location.
Tailgate88
AG
I thought I had read that but the soup was different than what I got at Kluay. Better actually. Spicy and very flavorful.
trouble
AG
I thought they were the previous owners of Kluay Kluay
Geralt of Rivia
S
So they are the current owners of Bangkok Thai?
trouble
AG
My understanding was that they sold Kluay Kluay and opened Bangkok Thai. Then sold Bangkok Thai last year and recently opened Taste of Thailand.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Gotcha. I didn't know they sold Bangkok Thai, also
MosesHallRAB83
AG
Where's Taste of Thailand.
dallasiteinsa02
Man someone needs to get a non-compete out of them.
trouble
AG
MosesHallRAB83 said:

Where's Taste of Thailand.

Texas at holleman. Same building as mattress firm
Collectonian
First Financial Bank is building a new bank at the corner of Harvey Mitchell Parkway South and Texas 6. Per the announcement in The Eagle, it will be a 15,000 sq ft location, and the drive-thru will have 5 lanes, including a wider lane for big trucks
Tailgate88
AG
Collectonian said:

First Financial Bank is building a new bank at the corner of Harvey Mitchell Parkway South and Texas 6. Per the announcement in The Eagle, it will be a 15,000 sq ft location, and the drive-thru will have 5 lanes, including a wider lane for big trucks
This is the mysterious site plan that showed up on the COCS zoning site last month (I think?) but the name of the bank was redacted. Not sure why it was a mystery...
MiMi
S
Quote:

a new bank at the corner of Harvey Mitchell Parkway South and Texas 6.
Which corner?
Tailgate88
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

Which corner?
Northwest

https://www.cstx.gov/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=17513431
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Tailgate88 said:

MiMi said:

Quote:

Which corner?
Northwest

Are they building a bank in the pond?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Collectonian said:

This is the mysterious site plan that showed up on the COCS zoning site last month (I think?) but the name of the bank was redacted. Not sure why it was a mystery...

Pretty anticlimactic conclusion to the bank mystery.
ratfacemcdougal
Tailgate88 said:

MiMi said:

Quote:

Which corner?
Northwest

That link also shows the site plan for Gringos
theNetSmith
AG
trying to recall how close the pond is to 2818.. or if it is further north.. the site plan shows some kind of flood plain in the area just north of the bank building, but I don't see a body of water.. I guess they are going to drain the pond and fill it in.
Tailgate88
AG
Yeah I wish they would hurry up and build that Gringo's.
dallasiteinsa02
Tailgate88 said:

Yeah I wish they would hurry up and build that Gringo's.
Every time the concept fell through, I thought why in the heck did their agent not take them to Chuy's. That is their direct competition and it is packed all day every day.
ratfacemcdougal
theNetSmith said:

trying to recall how close the pond is to 2818.. or if it is further north.. the site plan shows some kind of flood plain in the area just north of the bank building, but I don't see a body of water.. I guess they are going to drain the pond and fill it in.
There are a number of lines on the site plan that say "edge of water"
TommyBrady
AG
Theres plenty of space for the bank and they'll have a simple drainage system to make sure they keep any flooding away but they will be off the pond by a good bit.
toolshed
AG
Last I heard talking to the manager at the Cypress location, the hold up, before the last postponement was that they didn't have the manpower, upper staff, managers, etc to start a new store up here. And that was prior to Covid and the current problems with getting employees that a lot of businesses are facing.

Remnant of Nawlins recently posted that they are having to modify their hours for lack of staff. They're simply working their current staff to exhaustion according to the last conversation I had with him.
MiMi
S
Bubbie's Kolache Kitchen and Bakery is scheduled to open June 29 (per their Facebook page). It is located in the new strip center between Tad's and the Exxon gas station
curry97
AG
Chill Milkshake & Waffle Bar coming August 2021. Not sure on location.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Next to Harvey Washbangers.
AggiePhil
AG
curry97 said:

Chill Milkshake & Waffle Bar coming August 2021. Not sure on location.
OMG that looks amazing.
MiMi
S
Twin Peaks Grand Opening is June 28.
snaglepuss
MiMi said:

Twin Peaks Grand Opening is June 28.
They were packed last night. Maybe a soft opening?
Captn_Ag05
AG
"soft" opening.
JayHowdy!
New retail center coming to Texas and Harvey Mitchell.

https://www.facebook.com/oldhamgoodwin/photos/a.500314127434/10159018729992435/?type=3
Captn_Ag05
AG
Buff City Soap opens tomorrow

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/06/23/sneak-peek-buff-city-soap-officially-opens-thursday/
Captn_Ag05
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/2021/06/22/college-station-recruiting-entertainment-family-friendly-businesses/

Quote:

Stone Co Climbing is one of the new attractions set to open this fall. The venue will offer rock climbing, yoga, fitness classes and will house a gym. CEO and Co-Owner John Pritchard, a former student, says he wanted to bring a business to the area that would serve the purpose of the community and family.

"It's primarily an indoor rock climbing facility. It's 12,000 square feet. We'll have 6,000 square feet of climbing surface, but the amenities include climbing also yoga, and also a regular gym in there as well, weightlifting and fitness. So we'll have all those combined. We'll also have a seating area where you can sit and have coffee or do work on your laptop or just come with your family and watch them climb while you're working," said Pritchard.

A miniature golf course called Kraken's Revenge and Pinspiration, a craft studio are also set to open this fall.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.