BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

456,493 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KBTX just announced a huge new mixed use development in Bryan along University Drive.
https://www.kbtx.com/2021/02/26/new-economic-development-coming-to-the-city-of-bryan/
Bones2012
AG
bcstx06 said:

KBTX just announced a huge new mixed use development in Bryan along University Drive.
https://www.kbtx.com/2021/02/26/new-economic-development-coming-to-the-city-of-bryan/

That's awesome. The east side of town is prime for commercial development.
wareagle044
Bones2012 said:

bcstx06 said:

That's awesome. The east side of town is prime for commercial development.

Good stuff. Hopeful for some plans at Old reliance / 6 soon
MiMi
S
Last Shot Xpresso (old Cici's Pizza location Hwy 6 College Station, in front of Lowe's) opened today.
BlueMiles
AG
MiMi said:

Last Shot Xpresso (old Cici's Pizza location Hwy 6 College Station, in front of Lowe's) opened today.
Link to KBTX article about Last Shot Xpresso
meezermom
For Lease sign up at former China King location on Texas ... RIP, China King.
Bucketrunner
Are there any surviving Chinese restaurants with dine in?
MiMi
S
Quote:

Oishi (Jones Crossing) has dine-in available.
PS3D
China King was never good, and it's a miracle they survived as long as they did.

HotWorx near HEB Holleman is finally open, a "24 hour infrared fitness center". Bummer! I've seen that sign for months and thought it was some sort of restaurant.
Counterpoint
AG
PS3D said:

China King was never good, and it's a miracle they survived as long as they did.

HotWorx near HEB Holleman is finally open, a "24 hour infrared fitness center". Bummer! I've seen that sign for months and thought it was some sort of restaurant.
What's infrared fitness?
Collectonian
Bucketrunner said:

I saw Imperial Chinese had a sign that they are open for dine-in when we did a pick up the other day
Broncos
Collectonian said:

Bucketrunner said:

I saw Imperial Chinese had a sign that they are open for dine-in when we did a pick up the other day

Imperial is the beat Chinese food in town.
aggiepaintrain
AG
EccoZap is dunzo
FJB
Bucketrunner
Thanks for the info!
chorkles
I don't see 5 Guys on the "Coming Soon" list any more and it doesn't look like there's any work being done when I drive by. Did COVID change someone's mind?
Well, okay then
AG
PS3D said:

Well, okay then
AG
Bucketrunner said:

YeStar Buffet.
JM04
AG
chorkles said:

I don't see 5 Guys on the "Coming Soon" list any more and it doesn't look like there's any work being done when I drive by. Did COVID change someone's mind?
They are really close to being done with construction - probably a few weeks away from opening
australopithecus robustus
Just heard Burger Mojo #2 is opening tomorrow. Holleman/2818.
Geralt of Rivia
S
australopithecus robustus said:

Awesome!! I'll be there on Thursday!
chloelee
Work going on for Twin Peaks at old Kruez location
TransplantedRedRaider
Anybody know what's going into the empty lot near the Post Office on William J Bryan? Survey markers are up.
isitjustme
AG
TransplantedRedRaider said:

Anybody know what's going into the empty lot near the Post Office on William J Bryan? Survey markers are up.

It was supposed to be a C&Js and last I heard they were still going to do it.
wareagle044
isitjustme said:

TransplantedRedRaider said:

It was supposed to be a C&Js and last I heard they were still going to do it.

Close to my house .. I like this idea
Wicked Good Ag
australopithecus robustus said:

Really ...you just heard this
AgsWin2011
AG
I heard a rumor that we are going to be getting a Gringos in Tower Point. Don't know if it's been discussed here or not. Haven't checked this forum topic since last year.
AggieAces06
AG
Heismenberg said:

I heard a rumor that we are going to be getting a Gringos in Tower Point. Don't know if it's been discussed here or not. Haven't checked this forum topic since last year.

We were supposed to get one years ago but they pulled out. I don't remember where they were supposed to build though.
PS3D
Stripes at Holleman and Harvey Mitchell is now 7-Eleven officially. Changeover happened today.
jrhmc
AG
AggieAces06 said:

Heismenberg said:

We were supposed to get one years ago but they pulled out. I don't remember where they were supposed to build though.
Was supposed to be where Walk Ons is. I like Walk Ons just fine.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
PS3D said:

Stripes at Holleman and Harvey Mitchell is now 7-Eleven officially. Changeover happened today.
wareagle044
jrhmc said:

AggieAces06 said:

Heismenberg said:

Was supposed to be where Walk Ons is. I like Walk Ons just fine.

Was supposed to be in the lot next door to walk ons
Tailgate88
AG
Heismenberg said:

How recent is that information? It's possible they are reconsidering coming in now. They even had store plans and had announced they were coming before backing out last time.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Went to Burger Mojo #2 for lunch. It seems like they are still trying to work out a few kinks. I think there was a large order a few cars ahead, so the line was a bit backed up. The guy taking drive-thru orders also seemed to have issues hearing me when I was ordering, even though I was speaking fairly loud.

The food was good, but they did forget to put the goat cheese on my order of intergalactic huevo baby o-rings. I'll definitely be back, but be sure to have patience while they work out the new restaurant kinks
chickencoupe16
AG
Just returned from there myself! No kinks for me but that's the nature of growing pains (they aren't consistent). I haven't been in a while and I must say, the patty melt is fantastic!
PS3D
I went at 3:30am after work. Burger was okay, but fries weren't. Maybe it was because it was so late but the fries, although crisp, weren't hot and really flavorless. A far cry from those golden sticks at Whataburger or even McDonald's.

Maybe it's just because it WAS so late (I appreciate the 24 hour operation, really) but for all the ravings I've heard about the fries they were a severe letdown.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.