BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

456,496 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
Costa and Andreas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PS3D said:

I went at 3:30am after work. Burger was okay, but fries weren't. Maybe it was because it was so late but the fries, although crisp, weren't hot and really flavorless. A far cry from those golden sticks at Whataburger or even McDonald's.

Maybe it's just because it WAS so late (I appreciate the 24 hour operation, really) but for all the ravings I've heard about the fries they were a severe letdown.

First, thank you so much for your patronage. We sincerely appreciate it.

The fries certainly have the potential to be an issue, and I can explain why.

We use Hollywood Fries, which are a specifically branded and grown with care Kennebec potato, which is well known as superior for French fries. We punch them them fresh into water to soak and remove starch, as I'm sure many have seen in In N Out and other operations. We par fry them and then finish fry them, which is the preferred method as well.

When this fry is fresh, it's outstanding. When it gets a little cold, it's ok. When it sits a while, not so good.

We don't use frozen product, potato whiteners and preservatives. Those items and processes allow for a large margin of error by the fallible human being lol. Some of the big burger guys do all that. Just imagine anywhere you're getting a cookie cutter, perfect looking fry.

Off times or down times are when human error spikes in the restaurant business and trust me it's frustrating.

So, in summation, if you ever get fries that aren't hot or fresh, please notify us so we can fix the issue for you. Furthermore, it's a common part of our training to give an extra order of fries if we screw up. Staff also will give you baby o rings if that's you're thing. Finally, info@eccellgroup.com forwards to my personal email. We will make it right.

Lastly, we did have a couple hiccups today, nothing major but definitely some second day jitters. After staff got in a groove it was butter. Hopefully we can keep that standard fluid.

All the best,
Costa

joho
They just finished clearing the rest of the trees yesterday at Holleman/2818, it looks a lot different there now!

Good timing for Burger Mojo that you can now see that building well from the big road, without knowing already where it was.

On the other hand, 2 years of #$%&! snarled construction traffic...
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
joho said:

They just finished clearing the rest of the trees yesterday at Holleman/2818, it looks a lot different there now!

Good timing for Burger Mojo that you can now see that building well from the big road, without knowing already where it was.

On the other hand, 2 years of #$%&! snarled construction traffic...
May have missed it earlier in the thread...what is happening at the intersection that led to the tree clearing?
joho
Major upgrade & widening of 2818 began last month. There's a good thread about it somewhere on Aggieland board. They said "1.5 year" project, but we know better!
Tailgate88
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

PS3D said:

I went at 3:30am after work. Burger was okay, but fries weren't. Maybe it was because it was so late but the fries, although crisp, weren't hot and really flavorless. A far cry from those golden sticks at Whataburger or even McDonald's.

Maybe it's just because it WAS so late (I appreciate the 24 hour operation, really) but for all the ravings I've heard about the fries they were a severe letdown.

First, thank you so much for your patronage. We sincerely appreciate it.

The fries certainly have the potential to be an issue, and I can explain why.

We use Hollywood Fries, which are a specifically branded and grown with care Kennebec potato, which is well known as superior for French fries. We punch them them fresh into water to soak and remove starch, as I'm sure many have seen in In N Out and other operations. We par fry them and then finish fry them, which is the preferred method as well.

When this fry is fresh, it's outstanding. When it gets a little cold, it's ok. When it sits a while, not so good.

We don't use frozen product, potato whiteners and preservatives. Those items and processes allow for a large margin of error by the fallible human being lol. Some of the big burger guys do all that. Just imagine anywhere you're getting a cookie cutter, perfect looking fry.

Off times or down times are when human error spikes in the restaurant business and trust me it's frustrating.

So, in summation, if you ever get fries that aren't hot or fresh, please notify us so we can fix the issue for you. Furthermore, it's a common part of our training to give an extra order of fries if we screw up. Staff also will give you baby o rings if that's you're thing. Finally, info@eccellgroup.com forwards to my personal email. We will make it right.

Lastly, we did have a couple hiccups today, nothing major but definitely some second day jitters. After staff got in a groove it was butter. Hopefully we can keep that standard fluid.

All the best,
Costa

Let this be a lesson to business owners everywhere: THIS is how you interact with your customers on a message board.

Can't wait to try those fries.
bcstx06
I heard that Bombshell's was looking to put a restaurant in Bryan, but I think the person might be confusing it with Twin Peaks.

http://4bombshells.com/

I hope it's true!
ratfacemcdougal
Sloppy Joe's has closed and now is a c-store
EriktheRed
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Let this be a lesson to business owners everywhere: THIS is how you interact with your customers on a message board.

Can't wait to try those fries.
I can testify to the "extra fries" Costa speaks of. One time they were having an issue getting me my Tea in the drive thru, and when they brought out my food and drink, they had up-sized my drink to a large, and i had 2 bags of hot fries in my bag. Excellent customer service from Mojo.
toolshed
AG
Sloppy Joe's on Tabor?
ratfacemcdougal
toolshed said:

Sloppy Joe's on Tabor?
Yep
AggiePhil
AG
GENERAC store opening at Tower Point.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
AggiePhil said:

GENERAC store opening at Tower Point.

What a coincidence
AG
Is Burger Mojo open for dine in or just drive-thru?
Costa and Andreas
Both Mojos are open drive thru and dine in!!!
AggieAces06
AG
Zoner's had a coming soon banner on it today. Are they trying for round 2 now that things are opening back up?
Pylon Cam
AG
Does anyone know when the Velvet Taco at Century Square is supposed to open up?
war hymn aggie
AG
Pylon Cam said:

No idea when or even what it is, but "Velvet Taco" sounds like a Strip Club to me.
Geralt of Rivia
S
war hymn aggie said:

Pylon Cam said:

No idea when or even what it is, but "Velvet Taco" sounds like a Strip Club to me.

It's about time we get a replacement for the Dirty Sock
GiveEmHellBill
AG
war hymn aggie said:

Pylon Cam said:

Post removed:
by user
Captn_Ag05
AG
Another hotel coming to the area.

StayApt Suites (extended stay hotel) submitted site plans for a location on east University, near the Holiday Inn Express and Hilton Garden Inn.
BQ_90
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

StayApt Suites (extended stay hotel) submitted site plans for a location on east University, near the Holiday Inn Express and Hilton Garden Inn.
darn was hoping for a bank, you can't find any banks in this town.
Tailgate88
AG
BQ_90 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

darn was hoping for a bank, you can't find any banks in this town.
Or Mexican food places. Or nail salons.
Captn_Ag05
AG
With Candlewood right there, that is four hotels clustered together. Seems ripe for a restaurant or two to pop up.
rocketscience
AG
Data center economic development agreement was approved. End result is a $200,000,000, 600,000 sf data center with areas for cybersecurity training for educational programs and lab space for research in 5 years. There's also a requirement for the developer to aggressively seek other companies to create jobs and building space in Bryan although I'm not sure how that would be enforced...

https://wtaw.com/bryan-council-takes-action-on-economic-development-agreement-for-a-new-data-center-on-the-rellis-campus/
TommyBrady
AG
If all goes to plan...Boeing, Lockheed, Raytheon etc will have a presence on RELLIS. If we can bring any sort of manufacturing for any of the hypersonic work out there it would be huge for the area.
chickencoupe16
AG
TommyBrady said:

If all goes to plan...Boeing, Lockheed, Raytheon etc will have a presence on RELLIS. If we can bring any sort of manufacturing for any of the hypersonic work out there it would be huge for the area.

That would be incredible for A&M, BCS, and even Texas.
TommyBrady
AG
There's also the Joint Library Facility getting expanded, which holds most of TAMU and UT's library archives.
new straw
A new little bar called The 101 opened on Texas in downtown Bryan. It's a cool outdoor/indoor type place in what used to be an old school gas station. They have craft beers and cocktails.
TSJ
AG
new straw said:

A new little bar called The 101 opened on Texas in downtown Bryan. It's a cool outdoor/indoor type place in what used to be an old school gas station. They have craft beers and cocktails.
Wont sell a beer they wouldn't sell to their neighbor; and they live right across the street from them.
new straw
I have no idea what this means.
Counterpoint
AG
TSJ said:

new straw said:

Wont sell a beer they wouldn't sell to their neighbor; and they live right across the street from them.
That really takes me back!
trouble
AG
new straw said:

I have no idea what this means.

Swap car for beer and it's the old slogan from a used car dealer.
new straw
Lol. Ok, I was trying to think of the businesses around them and got very confused.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.