BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

456,938 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
legalbird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sunny and staff from Mini Mart...super nice people.

One of the businesses that had a grand opening in the last 90 days had a closed sign on door one Sunday. Very weird and not a good idea if you want to stay in business.
techno-ag
AG
legalbird said:

One of the businesses that had a grand opening in the last 90 days had a closed sign on door one Sunday. Very weird and not a good idea if you want to stay in business.
Yeah like Chick-fil-A.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
bcstx06
techno-ag said:

legalbird said:

Yeah like Chick-fil-A.

Speaking of Chick-fil-A, the new West Bryan Chick-fil-A is having their grand opening tomorrow.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Site plans submitted to CoCS for a new retail center near Texas and Harvey Mitchell called Creek Place. There is also a 4-story apartment complex as part of the proposed development.

I found the marketing flyer online which has some pictures of the intended design.

https://d3k1yame0apvip.cloudfront.net/website-3669/72e354fd7b1ef1b/creek_place_retail_centers_leasing_flyer.pdf
Goose83
AG
When did Top of the Hill change their hours?

Kinda hard to pick up a burger for dinner when they close at 4:00 PM.
ChampsAg
With Covid their hours adjusted quite a bit
trouble
AG
Per Rusty, Snooze opens August 4th
Bcs90
Looks like dirt is finally being moved at future Gringos Location!
Captn_Ag05
AG
New apartments, called Midtown Station, going in at the Midtown development on Town Lake Drive. 264 units. Construction will start soon and is expected to be completed in spring of 2023.
UhOhNoAgTag
Already pushing dirt around.
bushytailed
AG
Per their FB page, Joe's Italian opens August 3rd. This is the place in the former Fuddruckers building.
chloelee
Went to Snooze run this morning...Excellent vibe and food was great! The OMG French toast...OMG
bushytailed
AG
chloelee said:

Went to Snooze run this morning...Excellent vibe and food was great! The OMG French toast...OMG

I went yesterday for the soft opening. I had the Habernero pork belly benidict. It was tasty and I'd order it again. But it's not worth the wait times that Snooze is going to have over the next few months, especially on game day weekends. Maybe the newness will drive people to Snooze and alleviate the wait times at Another Broken Egg and at Stella.
Koko Chingo
AG
Went to the soft opening too. It tasted just like every Snooze I have been to over the years.

That is a good thing. A very good thing.

I do agree the lines will be crazy. I like to get my HEB runs in @6am, unless someone in the house wants to get up that early with me (very unlikely), I wont wait 60 min+ for breakfast.
Koko Chingo
AG
chloelee said:

That is one of my favorites.

If you do not want to wait in line once they open -- the filling:

Mascarpone Cheese, a little heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar, (vanilla if you like),

Put it in a bowl and use your mixer just like making whipped cream, and in about a minute its done.
halibut sinclair
KBTX story about a couple of new Italian concepts starting up:

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/07/30/two-new-italian-concepts-coming-bcs/
MiMi
S
Add another new Italian restaurant to the list - Joe's Italian Restaurant opens tomorrow at 11am (old Fuddruckers location)
EBrazosAg
AG
Joe's sounds better than either of those ..
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
halibut sinclair
EBrazosAg said:

Joe's sounds better than either of those ..

I agree
FlyRod
Good luck to those two new restaurants and welcome!
halibut sinclair
FlyRod said:

Good luck to those two new restaurants and welcome!
swag207
Has anyone heard any updates on the Andy's Frozen Custard supposedly coming on Wellborn over by the Whataburger and new Chipotle/Starbucks? I know they talked about it on that city podcast back in April-ish but hadn't heard anything else since then
PS3D
swag207 said:

Has anyone heard any updates on the Andy's Frozen Custard supposedly coming on Wellborn over by the Whataburger and new Chipotle/Starbucks? I know they talked about it on that city podcast back in April-ish but hadn't heard anything else since then

Well under construction at this point but probably not ready until late this year
trouble
AG
Drew's Carwash new location opens today.
PS3D
Joe's Italian Restaurant at the former Fuddruckers opened today, anyone tried it out yet?
TXAGBQ76
AG
They have a location close to Prairie View that we have been to several times. Enjoyed everything we tried; they have great bread. I'm assuming this location will be the same.
Captn_Ag05
AG
PS3D said:

swag207 said:

Well under construction at this point but probably not ready until late this year

If P. Terry's is actually looking at a spot in College station, building near Andy's would be a nice spot since both have a similar set-up. Perhaps have a green space in between so people can eat their food and ice cream out there.
PS3D
TXAGBQ76 said:

They have a location close to Prairie View that we have been to several times. Enjoyed everything we tried; they have great bread. I'm assuming this location will be the same.
Seems that's "Joe's Italian Grill" while this one is just "Joe's Italian" with no common brands.

Also in new restaurant news, the Jones Crossing flier actually drew out a second restaurant on the 2818 side. It doesn't give the name but they're probably pretty close at this point to a reveal.
mgreen
Has anyone posted on Twin Peeks? I loved the atmosphere and they have more TV's than Walk On's. The menu offered something for everyone and the food was actually very good. The exception was the queso. It was thin as water. I asked the waitress and she said it is supposed to be like that. Unlike Hooters, I saw lots of women and some family's.

The girls were very attractive and the outfits were fine. I am not a big tattoo fan so was happy to see most did not have a ton of visible tattoos.
Broncos
mgreen said:

The girls were very attractive and the outfits were fine. I am not a big tattoo fan so was happy to see most did not have a ton of visible tattoos.
What a strange way to end the review.

Twin Peaks has good food, really cold beer, and a great game-watching atmosphere. It will definitely be a great spot during football season.
halibut sinclair
PS3D said:

TXAGBQ76 said:

Seems that's "Joe's Italian Grill" while this one is just "Joe's Italian" with no common brands.

It's the same owners.
MiMi
S
Quote:

The menu posted on their Facebook page has 'Joe's Italian Grill' and the CS address on the front page but their Facebook page is named 'Joe's italian restaurant.' [sic]

https://www.facebook.com/Joes-italian-restaurant-College-Station-101291832065221/
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
Broncos said:

mgreen said:

What a strange way to end the review.

Twin Peaks has good food, really cold beer, and a great game-watching atmosphere. It will definitely be a great spot during football season.
For a review of a restaurant called "Twin Peaks," I didn't think the end of the review was strange at all.

Michael Scott - Twin Peaks description
halibut sinclair
mgreen said:

Has anyone posted on Twin Peeks?

Sometimes it's difficult to peek at the peaks.
bcstx06
Does anyone know what this proposal is for Traditions/Lake Walk? Looks like a restaurant. I wonder if it's local or a chain or something else all together???
https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2021%20SDRC/8-10-2021/SP21-33,%20Traditions%20B5,%2008-10-21.pdf

Looks to be next to the Stella Hotel. It also shows future buildings surrounding it. Very interesting! That area needs restaurants and retail to draw in more people and for the thousands that now live and work over there now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.