BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

459,171 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
University Tire and Service has closed, apparently 2-3 months ago.

Safelite has moved into the location.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
techno-ag
AG
I guess they retired?
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
BQ_90
AG
Olympic automotive on E 29th is closed or it looked empty on my way past it today
lawless89
BQ_90 said:

Olympic automotive on E 29th is closed or it looked empty on my way past it today

They temporarily moved to their smaller shop further down 29th to that little old gas station they own that's branded as a hail repair place right now. They are remodeling and cleaning up the bigger location and then moving back in when done. Long overdue.
BQ_90
AG
lawless89 said:

BQ_90 said:

They temporarily moved to their smaller shop further down 29th to that little old gas station they own that's branded as a hail repair place right now. They are remodeling and cleaning up the bigger location and then moving back in when done. Long overdue.
Thanks I didn't notice that
Rapier108
techno-ag said:

I guess they retired?
That's what I heard.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
ChampsAg
Didn't this happen a year ago? I sold the account facility services at my old job right after Covid hit.

Is there a restaurant there now as well?
toolshed
AG
It's been over a year since they reopened/ re branded.

They recently opened a counter service food sales, they have a long bar and stools along the front window to eat there if you like. I have not eaten anything from there yet. They post a good bit on FB regarding selections and such.
Bcs90
A couple weeks ago I posted about pappasitos going in the old ninfas building. A buddy of mines wife works at a title company and she told me that they had just purchased the old ninfas building. Well yesterday I ran into one of the owners of the old ninfas and they told me that it is actually going to be https://www.vidamiacuisine.com/ and that they are shooting for a February/March opening. Not sure what my buddy's wife was talking about so sorry guys
techno-ag
AG
Bcs90 said:

A couple weeks ago I posted about pappasitos going in the old ninfas building. A buddy of mines wife works at a title company and she told me that they had just purchased the old ninfas building. Well yesterday I ran into one of the owners of the old ninfas and they told me that it is actually going to be https://www.vidamiacuisine.com/ and that they are shooting for a February/March opening. Not sure what my buddy's wife was talking about so sorry guys
That family buys a lot of restaurant real estate. Not everything turns into one of their restaurants.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
MsDoubleD81
AG
Bcs90 said:

Website looks like its breakfast and lunch.
txtomster
Anyone know if a good convience store is opening in College Station ? I swear most of them are old run down , junky stores .
PS3D
txtomster said:

Anyone know if a good convience store is opening in College Station ? I swear most of them are old run down , junky stores .
The 7-Eleven/Stripes stores and Circle K are nice and 24 hours, but you're right, most of the ones that exist are getting run-down and showing their age.

Sounds like someone is angling for a QuikTrip.
chickencoupe16
AG
I am a big fan of the Stripes, though they have gotten junkier since 7-11 took over. The Circle K at Rock Prairie and 6 is nice too.
txtomster
The circle K is best but does not compare to nice ones in Houston etc.
texasaggie2015
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

I am a big fan of the Stripes, though they have gotten junkier since 7-11 took over. The Circle K at Rock Prairie and 6 is nice too.
Didn't someone get shot and killed there a couple years back? Or am I thinking of somewhere else?
The Anchor
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Store-customers-neighbors-react-to-shooting-death-of-CS-Store-Clerk-502973221.html
Esteban du Plantier
AG
txtomster said:

Why does Chevron have the best fuel but the shadiest, most run down gas stations?
PS3D
txtomster said:

The circle K is best but does not compare to nice ones in Houston etc.
If we're talking about Houston gas stations, for every nice gas station in Houston there's two dozen that should've been torn down a decade ago. If we're comparing things to Houston, what would be run down for College Station would be average for Houston.

Esteban du Plantier said:

Why does Chevron have the best fuel but the shadiest, most run down gas stations?

I don't know, the one at Deacon and Holleman is okay. The only Chevrons that come to mind are the ones at Graham (never been, but dates back to the mid-2000s) and the one on Northgate (which I'm sure is still run-down as ever).
tb9665
With all of the talk about Costco coming to town, someone should put a live cam on it so people can watch it being built.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Quote:

With all of the talk about Costco coming to town, someone should put a live cam on it so people can watch it being built.
Isn't that the job of this thread? Post your date guess when concrete trucks appear for the foundation!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Who wants to volunteer to take weekly picture updates and post
woodiewood1
Where on University Drive is the Russo's New York Pizzeria and Italian Kitchen going?
toolshed
AG
Is that what's replacing Antonio's?
australopithecus robustus
Russo's wouldn't touch that location with a 10 ft pole. It's likely going to century square or somewhere in the new development by snooze.

There's a $1 pizza slice concept from NYC that is going to Antonios.
DimeBox17
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

7-Eleven has owned the Stripes stores in BCS since January 2018 and management hasn't changed much since. It's not new ownership causing the stores to go downhill, it's the lackluster performance at store and area management levels. I wish I could do more in my capacity to enhance the stores in BCS because you all deserve an excellent convenience store option. Unfortunately, I oversee a different area in Houston now.
chickencoupe16
AG
DimeBox17 said:

chickencoupe16 said:

7-Eleven has owned the Stripes stores in BCS since January 2018 and management hasn't changed much since. It's not new ownership causing the stores to go downhill, it's the lackluster performance at store and area management levels. I wish I could do more in my capacity to enhance the stores in BCS because you all deserve an excellent convenience store option. Unfortunately, I oversee a different area in Houston now.

That may be some or even most of it, but I started to really notice it when they rebranded the actual stores. They have crammed too many 7-11 branded items and end caps into the stores to that weren't designed for them and crowded the isles. Stripes always felt high quality and 7-11 has a sleazier feel to their products. I still like them and they're better than most of the alternatives, but the 7-11 change definitely diminished my opinion.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Thanks for volunteering!
MsDoubleD81
AG
Not a live cam, but snapped a pic. Also, Town Lake Drive will go thru to Hwy 6 (at the Harley dealership) and intersect at Midtown Drive
theNetSmith
AG
so you were heading north on Midtown and took that pic out your driver's side window?

eyes on the road!!!!!
MsDoubleD81
AG
I was walking.
war hymn aggie
AG
land is being cleared & leveled on the lot next to the big pond on Harvey Mirchell & the East Bypass (entrance to Emerald Forest).

Anyone know if anything is officially planned for this site, as it is zoned for retail?
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
First Financial Bank

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/11/19/first-financial-bank-breaks-ground-new-location-bcs/

Is this it? Or another corner?
maroon barchetta
Things BCS definitely needs to bring in as new businesses:

Banks
Nail salons
Smoke/vape shops
Churches
Coffee shops
JP76
techno-ag said:

I guess they retired?

Yes after 45 years at that location they decided to retire

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.