BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

459,190 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Quote:

Got the spaghetti works and it was super tasty with my favorite meat to meat sauce to noodle ratio.
My husband got the same dish and we both agreed that they have a decent amount of sauce relative to the pasta portion. Most places (I'm looking at you OG) don't put on near enough sauce for the amount of pasta they serve.
snaglepuss
Just drove by a new Fatty's Smoke Shop at Hwy21 and Tabor Rd. in Bryan. Looks to be open.
rc_cat
According to Mad Taco's fb post, he is currently in negotiations to sell the Jane St. location to the owner of the Southwest/Wellborn Taco Bar for a relocation.
trouble
AG
That would make me very happy
chickencoupe16
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

Got the spaghetti works and it was super tasty with my favorite meat to meat sauce to noodle ratio.
My husband got the same dish and we both agreed that they have a decent amount of sauce relative to the pasta portion. Most places (I'm looking at you OG) don't put on near enough sauce for the amount of pasta they serve.

They absolutely do give enough sauce. I'd rather that than not enough, but I ran out of pasta to eat with my sauce!
Post removed:
by user
trouble
AG
Does it come with a coke and dry white toast?
PS3D
Slocum on a mobile said:

They we hanging signage for Whole Fried Chickens where the Must Be Heaven was on Rock Prairie today.

Hasn't the MBH at that location been gone for years at this point?
Look Out Below
AG
It was gone at the beginning of Covid last year
zhardintx
AG
Has anyone seen they're finally renovating the College Station Target?
Post removed:
by user
trouble
AG
It's about dang time
Tailgate88
AG
trouble said:

Does it come with a coke and dry white toast?
For the uninitiated...

cstxfn
I see that they are expanding the east bypass (TX-6) to 6 lanes and adding amother one of those divurging diamond interchanges at University Dr. I would like to read a poll on how well the frequent users of the one added at FM-2818 and University Dr. think this set-up is a good one.
joho
zhardintx said:

Has anyone seen they're finally renovating the College Station Target?
Kroger on Longmire has also been getting a major renovation this summer too.
trouble
AG
I loved the one in Round Rock. It made that intersection at the outlet mall so much easier.
Post removed:
by user
trouble
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

trouble said:

I loved the one in Round Rock. It made that intersection at the outlet mall so much easier.

The one in San Marcos is a cluster****, much like the one out by the airport.

I'd say maybe people in Wilco are smarter but I know that's not the case.
phillytex24
TommyBrady said:

Delicious as well! Way better than tiffs imho
https://f5s-img.s3.amazonaws.com/000/14/fe/14fe9edd7d4b046466a705c7838dcb72d61dee6c_3494377_u246979.jpg

Way better than Tiffs, especially if you get the larger cookie. The s'mores one is very tasty!
Esteban du Plantier
AG
This is like trying to imagine higher dimensions, my mind is just not capable of imagining cookies that are better than Tiff's.
bcstx06
Northgate Juice Joint moved from Northgate to 214 B Elm Ave. In Bryan.
https://northgatejuicejoint.com/
theNetSmith
AG

Quote:

Northgate Juice Joint has Moved! We are now located at 214 B Elm Ave. Bryan 77801.just a few minutes from our old location but now we have parking! We are located at the Corner of Cavitt and Villa Maria Rd. Next to Spa Lucia. Across from Shipwreck Grill and Shipleys.

name change forthcoming?
Ribbed Paultz
Ok I'm intrigued! Where is Insomnia cookies located?
KidDoc
AG
Ribbed Paultz said:

North gate.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
cstxfn said:

I see that they are expanding the east bypass (TX-6) to 6 lanes and adding amother one of those divurging diamond interchanges at University Dr. I would like to read a poll on how well the frequent users of the one added at FM-2818 and University Dr. think this set-up is a good one.
Works great! That is, it works great as long as all people know what they are doing. Start of the school year/football weekends/events that bring new people in can get pretty rough with people suddenly realizing they are in a wrong lane and hitting the breaks, stopping and throwing on a blinker, or trying to shoot across lanes and just hoping for the best.
GTdad
cstxfn said:

I see that they are expanding the east bypass (TX-6) to 6 lanes and adding amother one of those divurging diamond interchanges at University Dr.
Oh ***** I mean, I think the interchange works fine, but I take the University overpass over Earl Rudder to get to work and absolutely frickin' DREAD the construction delays to traffic.

Do you know what the timeline is on this? Hopefully I'll retire by then ...
cstxfn
From KBTX on Aug. 12:

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/08/12/highway-6-expansion-plans-set-2023-includes-new-diverging-diamond/
One Louder
AG
KidDoc said:

Ribbed Paultz said:

North gate.
It's walking distance from our church (A&M UMC). Better start praying to Jesus for strength!
PS3D
I noticed that there is something going inside the old NAPA near Longmire...they seem to be in the process of adding a new facade outside of it.
bcstx06
PS3D said:

I noticed that there is something going inside the old NAPA near Longmire...they seem to be in the process of adding a new facade outside of it.

I heard that it would be a new car wash.
PS3D
bcstx06 said:

PS3D said:

I heard that it would be a new car wash.
Are you sure you're responding the post you thought you were responding to...? It's the same building and definitely not a car wash.
Donny Hall
Walked by Good Bull and looks like Roy's original buddy that was helping in the early days is getting it ready to open.

He is a welder by trade and looked like he had a moberg style pit. In passing he mentioned trying to have it open by game day.
Collectonian
The new Raising Canes on Briarcrest has posted they open September 7th, 8 am, and first hour has a chance to win a year of food
PS3D
It appears that there's some work going on at the the former Four Points hotel, looks like they're renovating or demolishing part of the roof structure.

Also Capriotti's sandwich shop is coming to University Drive East.

bcstx06
PS3D said:

It appears that there's some work going on at the the former Four Points hotel, looks like they're renovating or demolishing part of the roof structure.

Also Capriotti's sandwich shop is coming to University Drive East.

Where at on University? And when? I can't wait to try those sandwiches!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.