BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

459,067 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
TommyBrady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is a capriottis in frisco and its amazing!
PS3D
bcstx06 said:

PS3D said:

It appears that there's some work going on at the the former Four Points hotel, looks like they're renovating or demolishing part of the roof structure.

Also Capriotti's sandwich shop is coming to University Drive East.

Where at on University? And when? I can't wait to try those sandwiches!

505 University Drive East, spring 2022 likely
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Error - Deleted

TommyBrady
AG
Is that where the old fox and hound was?
trouble
AG
Yes
halibut sinclair
Dirt moving today at the new C&J BBQ location on Wm. J. Bryan (next to Aggieland Credit Union)
rc_cat
The rumor I heard yesterday has Trader Joe's going in somewhere near Scott&White hospital. Don't know when it's supposed to happen.

It would be nice.
Jon Ponder 08
AG
If only!!
RyanFromTexas
halibut sinclair said:

Dirt moving today at the new C&J BBQ location on Wm. J. Bryan (next to Aggieland Credit Union)

I thought that was Gringo's?
LastHamlet
AG
RyanFromTexas said:

halibut sinclair said:

I thought Gringos is going out in Tower Pointe?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yeah, I thought it was going in next to Walkons- at least that was the original plans.
aggiepaintrain
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Yeah, I thought it was going in next to Walkons- at least that was the original plans.

Maybe they took the sign down that was there yesterday, or perhaps someone is mistaken?
KidDoc
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

It is next to Walk-Ons- to the North of it. They have a sign up on the construction fence for Gringo's.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
RyanFromTexas
LastHamlet said:

RyanFromTexas said:

halibut sinclair said:

I thought Gringos is going out in Tower Pointe?
Ah, that's right.
trouble
AG
It's confusing because there's an Aggieland credit union right there too
halibut sinclair
wow
TommyBrady
AG
Joes Italian Review! Fried Cheese was alright and kinda bland but the marinara was good and helped it out. Salads were served in chill bowls and ranch dressing was tasty. Overall pretty good for app and salad.

The entree was incredible. Chicken Cremore Mushrooms $16.99 and I have enough food for 2 or 3 more meals. The chicken was seasoned well and the sauce was delicious.

I would definitely give it a try and don't let the prices scare you away. We will be back for sure!
eloc62
I have been looking at Joe's Italian and would like to try it. I have noticed that their meals are more pricey compared to a place like Fritellas, which we frequent. Is it better food? Bigger portion size? The rent they have to pay? Not trying to be cute or funny, just asking an honest question.
TommyBrady
AG
I'm a pretty big eater and I barely made a dent in my meal. It was awesome warmed up in a skillet the next day as well.
MiMi
S
I have never eaten at Fritella's so can't compare those meals. However, as the above pic suggests, the portions are large at Joe's and the sauce to pasta ratio is impressive. I have eaten at Joe's twice. The food was great both times. Service was bad the first time but very good when we returned a couple of days ago. I think they are finally figuring it out and getting the servers trained on the humongous menu.
PS3D
New extended-stay hotel coming to Bryan behind the Hilton Garden Inn on University Drive East, stayAPT Suites at 3051 Plaza Centre Court. It won't be open until late 2022.
Maveric
AG
New housing development coming to Northgate. Opening 2023.
techno-ag
AG
Maveric said:

Good. The more students we can concentrate across the street from campus the better.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
TommyBrady
AG
Maveric said:

They have already started construction on this. It was on here awhile back, but good to update everybody that it is actually happening
MiMi
S
Toasted Yolk Cafe opens at 7am Sept. 13. They have some giveaways announced on their FB grand opening event page.
halibut sinclair
Vino Boheme in downtown Bryan (old Downtown Uncorked location) opens today.
FlyRod
Looking forward to this one (biased because the owner is a friend). Wine list looks fun.
happyinBCS
did downtown uncorked close for good or move to another location
trouble
AG
They are supposed to be opening in south CS
happyinBCS
ok thanks
MiMi
S
Quote:

They are supposed to be opening in south CS
Yes, at The Yard (Caprock Crossing area).
jrhmc
AG
It's very good!
war hymn aggie
AG
Looks like The Cookshack is opening soon on University Drive where Pei Wei used to be.

https://www.thecookshack.com/menu/
bobinator
AG
can't wait to try this place, wife and I love The Village. Their breakfast sandwiches are some of the best things in town.
Collectonian
Tried Snooze on Monday and the OMG French Toast was naughty and I was so there for it! Highly recommend! The staff was also super friendly with great energy :-)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.