BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

458,995 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
HometownAg22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey Rockfish, super excited to hear about this!! Do you mind telling us a rundown of y'all's hours? Would love to come in ASAP.
whoop1992
Hey HometownAg22 - I'm James - Class of 1992 -Rockfish (Class of 1994) is my business partner - we own Southwest Card World. Located at 4438 Highway 6 South in the Tower Point Shopping Center (HEB) about 100 yards directly behind IHOP.

We offer plenty of sports cards (sealed boxes and singles) as well as a nice selection of Pokmon sealed product.

Our hours are: Mon - closed, Tues/Thur 2-7, Wed/Fri - 10-7, Sat 9-5, and Sun 12-5.

Come visit us! We are always buying, selling, and trading product as well - so if you are looking to get rid of some product we would love to take a look.

Thanks - James

HometownAg22
AG
Wow, I'm already blown away! I will definitely be coming by sometime this week. Thank you
Geralt of Rivia
S
I don't know if I'll buy anything at the moment, but I plan to stop by soon. I miss the card shops that were around town when I was a kid (Grand Slam and Extra Innings)
bcstx06
Ok, I updated the front page, but I sure there is stuff that I forgot. If you want me to add or change anything, please let me know.
curry97
AG
So glad to hear that there is a new shop in town. While in college I worked at Triple Crown Sports (CS) and Extra Innings (Bryan). It was a fun experience.
birdman
I went to Five Guys for lunch. They forgot the bacon on one of four orders. That's typical for College Station service. Food was delicious and staff prepared.

Interior is one-third the size of usual Five Guys. I think this will end up being a place to get your food to go.
Anubus
Where is Five Guys located?
Aggie_95
AG
Anubus said:

University and Tarrow in building next to the new Starbucks....
techno-ag
AG
Aggie_95 said:

Anubus said:

University and Tarrow in building next to the new Starbucks....
Near the Hilton kinda across from Razoos and that area.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
dallasiteinsa02
Anubus said:

University aka Burger Row
Anubus
Thanks!
rockfish725
AG
Come on by and visit with us. Love meeting other folks in the hobby.
chickencoupe16
AG
VW_Bus_Guy said:

My wife (class of 91) owns Kid to Kid in Bryan at Boonville and Hwy 6 (next to Kroger). She sure could use some foot traffic. Appreciate if my fellow TexAger's could help get the word out!

Stopped in on Saturday and walked out with a couple of bags. I was pleasantly surprised by the prices and the store was well organized and clean. We'll be back!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Tiny Town Studios is building a mini golf course, called Kraken's Revenge.

The location is listed as 504 South Earl Rudder.

No plans yet, but similar courses can be seen here: https://tinytownstudios.com/businesses/

Broncos
Yes, please!
Sub4
AG
about time. Although the lot they're on looks fairly small
Captn_Ag05
AG
More info

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/06/02/coming-soon-miniature-golf-course-in-college-station/?fbclid=IwAR0EwcoW6_Y1vogaPhY65k2PDpxiYWbHOQc_f67-oKsk-OUilis3hBfK1QU
bcstx06
That location looks really small for a mini golf spot.
TommyBrady
AG
Need a half acre minimum for a mini golf worth building and most are closer to a full acre or more.
Law361
AG
If I bring in a box of late 90s cards (nothing special), would you give me some cash for them?
war hymn aggie
AG
anyone else beside me remember when there was a putt-putt golf course around where the now closed Applebees is located?

Maybe across the street from A&W?
trouble
AG
I don't remember that one but I do remember the one that used to be by Kmart.
waltonloads11
AG
Isn't Big Shot Golf getting a mini golf course too?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Yes there will be a 9 hole mini golf course at big shots.
war hymn aggie
AG
trouble,
that was the latter one.
Buddy of mine bought that Putt-Putt & actually offered it to me back n the late 90's when he tried to dump it.
He ended up selling that piece of property closest to Texas Ave to Dominoes & rented out the land behind it to a bicycle shop.
eloc62
war hymn aggie said:

anyone else beside me remember when there was a putt-putt golf course around where the now closed Applebees is located?

Maybe across the street from A&W?
I do. When I was kid, my brothers and I used to come here every summer to spend a week with our Grandparents , and we would go play putt putt golf and then go across the street to A&W for hamburgers. Me and you must be the oldest guys here.
AggiePhil
AG
war hymn aggie said:

trouble,
that was the latter one.
Buddy of mine bought that Putt-Putt & actually offered it to me back n the late 90's when he tried to dump it.
He ended up selling that piece of property closest to Texas Ave to Dominoes & rented out the land behind it to a bicycle shop.

Before it was BCS Bicycles, it was Aggieland SCUBA. Built a pool inside it and everything.
MiMi
S
5.11 Tactical is coming soon to the former Jos A Banks location in the Gateway Shopping Center on University Dr.
jwj
Not quite. Jubilee Junction.
jim james
RNAggie
AG
Ground breaking going on in the old Kroger parking lot (new Popeyes, TruFit, etc.).

Anyone know what is happening there? I thought it was discussed but couldnt find a reference to it.
aggies4life
AG
Dutchbros I believe
Captn_Ag05
AG
Yep.
Jinx
aggies4life said:

Dutchbros I believe

Excellent, thats a much more convenient spot for me
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Jinx said:

aggies4life said:

Dutchbros I believe

Excellent, thats a much more convenient spot for me

30 minute lines are inconvenient no matter what part of town.

I don't particularly like Starbucks, but I'll go there until Dutch Bros does online ordering.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.