BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

459,290 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
AgSportsFan2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's the expanded space for the daycare next door.
TXCityGirl
New exercise option and birthday party host location -
Stone Co. Climbing | College Station TX Rock Climbing Gym (stonecoclimbing.com)
I went to the grand opening, and it's got a lot of indoor space and many climbing walls. They also have yoga classes and cardio equipment if you don't climb.
trouble
AG
Good Bull closing again.
Jsimonds58
AG
It went down hill awhile back, was clear the management's heart wasn't in it
trouble
AG
They closed and reopened after that change in management.

I hadn't been back over there yet but several people told me it was better again.
ChampsAg
I heard the new manager didn't realize the walk-in cooler was his responsibility. He thought the landlord would fix it. After that, he said "I'm headed back to Colorado."
texasaggie2015
AG
Good Bull was fantastic when he was operating out of the truck. Once he moved into the restaurant, it went downhill very fast. It just was plain bad.
phillytex24
Believe it or not, Charley's in the mall is way better. Lived up north for years, it's as close as you're going to get in Texas. I go to the Post Oak Mall just to get them. They have an app with great deals too.
SoCalEscapee
Not suprising. New owners really didn't keep the quality of the previous owner. Day old Kolaches sitting under a heat lamp, trying to do super yuppie sandwich stuff, and the owners son or son-in-law was running the place and had his friends "working" for him. Bought the name but if you can't deliver the goods you'll be closing soon. Maybe the previous owner Millicent will come back.
AggiePhil
AG
Maybe I'm missing something. We're comparing Charley's cheesesteaks to Good Bull BBQ?
trouble
AG
AggiePhil said:

Maybe I'm missing something. We're comparing Charley's cheesesteaks to Good Bull BBQ?
No, to Blake's steaks, I think
AgsWin2011
AG
Anyone been to the new Cookshack yet where Pei Wei once was? Looks like they serve Nashville hot chicken. Looking forward to trying them out.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Anyone been to the new Cookshack yet where Pei Wei once was?
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3244423
cajunken
The Cadillac Ranch Bar and Grill opened at Lake Bryan this past weekend at the old Lakeside Ice House location. They will be open Wednesday through Sunday. I went for a short while last weekend, and they have extensively remodeled the place. If you bring in your lake entry receipt ($5 per car), they will give you $5 in Cadillac Cash to use against your bill.
FlyRod
It looks like 13-0 BBQ is gone.

Church Street is a business graveyard.
cslifer
They never reopened after the fire. Rough Drought expanded into their space and a business is moving into the old potato shack at the other end of the building, which brings it to 100 percent occupancy. How is that a business graveyard?
theNetSmith
AG
Heismenberg said:

Anyone been to the new Cookshack yet where Pei Wei once was? Looks like they serve Nashville hot chicken. Looking forward to trying them out.
17 total reviews on Google so far, and of those 17, only 17 of them are 5-star reviews

sounds like their ribs are good, too, which has me excited. definitely going to try it out soon!
australopithecus robustus
FlyRod said:

Church Street is a RESTAURANT graveyard.

FIFY
bushytailed
AG
FlyRod said:

Church Street is a business graveyard.
Rough Draught is opening a brick oven pizza place in that spot, which will have direct access to the bar.
snaglepuss
What is being built at hwy 6 and WJBryan north of the Valero? TIA
Captn_Ag05
AG
cajunken said:

The Cadillac Ranch Bar and Grill opened at Lake Bryan this past weekend at the old Lakeside Ice House location. They will be open Wednesday through Sunday. I went for a short while last weekend, and they have extensively remodeled the place. If you bring in your lake entry receipt ($5 per car), they will give you $5 in Cadillac Cash to use against your bill.
Pictures on Facebook look nice!
bcstx06
Mayor Nelson said 4 or more hotels are interested in building in Bryan's new Midtown Park area.
https://wtaw.com/bryan-mayor-andrew-nelson-on-wtaw-69/
Captn_Ag05
AG
Glad to hear our hotel shortage issue is finally being addressed.
Tailgate88
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Hopefully they'll build some Mexican restaurants and a few chicken finger places next to them.
rodan85
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Hopefully they'll build some Mexican restaurants and a few chicken finger places next to them.
bcstx06
Tailgate88 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Why do so many TexMex restaurants come to College Station? I don't get it. It's saturated with chain TexMex Restaurants. Chicken strip restaurants as well but not as much as Chain TexMex restaurants. Can we think of anything else that we don't have besides TexMex?

And yes we do have a lot of hotels but when certain events are going on, we need more. When the Alabama game was going on a few weeks ago, people were staying as far away as Brenham and Madisonville. Also there are now many hotels in Bryan, but mostly concentrated in certain areas. West Bryan and North Bryan are ripe for not just hotels but retail and restaurants.
AggieBaseball06
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

If only we could get a bank here. I'm tired of driving what seems like an eternity to handle my banking needs.
war hymn aggie
AG
bcstx06 said:

Tailgate88 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Why do so many TexMex restaurants come to College Station? I don't get it. It's saturated with chain TexMex Restaurants. Chicken strip restaurants as well but not as much as Chain TexMex restaurants. Can we think of anything else that we don't have besides TexMex?

And yes we do have a lot of hotels but when certain events are going on, we need more. When the Alabama game was going on a few weeks ago, people were staying as far away as Brenham and Madisonville. Also there are now many hotels in Bryan, but mostly concentrated in certain areas. West Bryan and North Bryan are ripe for not just hotels but retail and restaurants.
as for Mexican restaurants, Gringo's will rake in the dollars even more so than Chuy's once they open.
snaglepuss
... so no answer???
UmustBKidding
Need hotels and restaurants in the expo center and rellis not midtown park. Wings more express explodes, Popeyes is inedible but still busy am sure few new places on Walmart plot help but most people complain nothing close to get something quick and would like closer hotel so dont have to trek to check horses in evening and early morning. K ow they have lost some shows to glen rose because of this.
maroon barchetta
UmustBKidding with that run-on sentence post
vander54
S
Pluckers to College Station?

A Net Full of Jello
AG
I might be in the minority, but I never got the obsession with Pluckers. We tried it multiple times when we lived the the Austin area and while it was fine, I don't care if I ever eat there again. It didn't seem like anything special.
trouble
AG
Girl, same. I was always willing to eat there for a group lunch or whatever because it was easy but it was never something I'd choose.
KidDoc
AG
vander54 said:

Pluckers to College Station?

OMG OMG OMG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.