BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

458,951 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
Broncos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
kddub said:

LastHamlet said:

ChampsAg said:

I think that they used to be out on OSR. They have been known to try and capitalize off 1775's success when people confuse the two.

I haven't had the BBQ but haven't heard much about it.

They park in the beer joint parking lot across from Smitty K's. Used to park at the Cole Stop gas station.

They haven't been known to do that. He even mentions them on his Facebook page to avoid confusion.

They're both good but 1775 is better. Never got them confused either.
He changed his name from Mr. BBQ to 1976 after 1775 started getting recognized by TX Monthly and other media outlets. I have a screenshot from Facebook to prove it but cant figure how to post it.

There have definitely been people that have asked here, and on Facebook, if 1775 is located wherever 1976 is at the moment. It's pretty clear he's tried to swindle people into buying his product.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
My wife (class of 91) owns Kid to Kid in Bryan at Boonville and Hwy 6 (next to Kroger). She sure could use some foot traffic. Appreciate if my fellow TexAger's could help get the word out!
chickencoupe16
AG
VW_Bus_Guy said:

My wife (class of 91) owns Kid to Kid in Bryan at Boonville and Hwy 6 (next to Kroger). She sure could use some foot traffic. Appreciate if my fellow TexAger's could help get the word out!

Didn't know this existed! We've been putting off buying new clothes until after her birthday this Saturday, but we'll definitely swing by next week.
bobinator
AG
My wife loves this place.
Retusaf94
Bought the granddaughter some books today.
MiMi
S
The Cookshack coming to the former Pei Wei location on University Dr. They posted on Nextdoor that they are currently hiring management positions.

The Cookshack
Captn_Ag05
AG
D-Bat Aggieland is being built near Edible Field in Bryan.

Appears to be a chain of batting cages, place for parties, etc. with locations in Houston and DFW.

https://www.dbatwesthouston.com/
ratfacemcdougal
Mexican restaurant coming to the former bush's chicken on 21 across from wings n more
bushytailed
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

Mexican restaurant coming to the former bush's chicken on 21 across from wings n more

I'm not knocking the restaurant going into that location but I'm disappointed because Jesse had told me he was trying to get that location. Jesse's would make a killing in College Station.
ratfacemcdougal
This one is in Bryan forgot to add....it is a second location for Don Chente

https://www.facebook.com/DonChenteBCS/
Broncos
bushytailed said:

ratfacemcdougal said:

I'm not knocking the restaurant going into that location but I'm disappointed because Jesse had told me he was trying to get that location. Jesse's would make a killing in College Station.
Good thing that location is in Bryan.
trouble
AG
Gonna make the one near me less busy
rc_cat
rocketscience said:

chloelee said:

Buff City Soup coming to Jones Crossing by I Heart Mac & Cheese.
While bison soup sounds interesting, it is Buff City Soap, a sorta hippie soap place like Lush.

They may have some confused customers when they open because the other half just told me about a new soup place opening in Jones Crossing.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
To balance the hippy soap and soup shops, 5.11 is going into the old Jos. A Bank space. I haven't seen that posted here.
LastHamlet
AG
Broncos said:

kddub said:

LastHamlet said:

ChampsAg said:

I think that they used to be out on OSR. They have been known to try and capitalize off 1775's success when people confuse the two.

I haven't had the BBQ but haven't heard much about it.

They park in the beer joint parking lot across from Smitty K's. Used to park at the Cole Stop gas station.

They haven't been known to do that. He even mentions them on his Facebook page to avoid confusion.

They're both good but 1775 is better. Never got them confused either.
He changed his name from Mr. BBQ to 1976 after 1775 started getting recognized by TX Monthly and other media outlets. I have a screenshot from Facebook to prove it but cant figure how to post it.

There have definitely been people that have asked here, and on Facebook, if 1775 is located wherever 1976 is at the moment. It's pretty clear he's tried to swindle people into buying his product.
Good copy. I didn't know that, but I have seen him give props to 1775, His BBQ is pretty good but 1775 is the best in town.
MiMi
S
Good Bull BBQ is closing. Their last day is tomorrow.
Fairview20
AG
I haven't been in probably two years, but right when the brick and mortar opened in 2017 or so it always seemed pretty crowded. Was this just an inevitable covid casualty?
FILO505
AG
The express model combined with a bad hire at manager sunk it. Food quality went down, customer service went down, and covid did the rest. Sucks, but that's how life goes
trouble
AG
That new manager was a hot mess.
Fairview20
AG
Darn that's too bad, always thought it was pretty good and the location was great. Never tried the express model, but I've heard the quality had dipped.
FILO505
AG
trouble said:

I wish you were wrong
trouble
AG
FILO505 said:

trouble said:

I wish you were wrong

Sent me a friend request on Facebook and I took one look and was like NOOOOOOOOOOO and good luck
PS3D
MiMi said:

Most of that entire block is going to get screwed over when the underpass wipes out the visibility and access to it.
australopithecus robustus
PS3D said:

MiMi said:

Most of that entire block is going to get screwed over when the underpass wipes out the visibility and access to it.

Actually the owners have a master plan to raze it and redevelop a vertical mixed use development.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Is that plan available anywhere?
australopithecus robustus
I don't know I was just told that by one of the principals.
Desert Power
AG
What's going on? Underpass?
MiMi
S
Quote:

Bush-Wellborn Crossing
Koko Chingo
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

Bush-Wellborn Crossing

Nothing is going on. After looking at the website and checking on Google. There was never a funded project. In fact funding was denied for the project in 2020.

Looks likes they made apartments and businesses move for no reason.

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/07/14/texas-transportation-commission-denies-funding-for-bush-wellborn-road-interchange-project/

TommyBrady
AG
It is in the TXDOT 2021-2025 plan. It will get funded after 2818 is expanded
rockfish725
AG
Hey guys and Gals. My name is Wes Kilcrease '94 and business partner, James Huggins '92 and I just opened up a sports card and collectible shop in South College Station. Tower Point behind the IHOP and Drews Car Wash.

Swing by and check us out. We are buying, selling, trading and consigning.

Thank and Gig'em.
rockfish725
AG
Can Southwest Card World make it on the first page??
bcstx06
rockfish725 said:

Can Southwest Card World make it on the first page??

Ok. I will update it later today. Really needs it.
FlyRod
New cocktail bar opening where West End Elixir on Church St. was. Calz. No idea when. Sign up.
cstataggie2011
AG
Five Guys open today! Parents just went for late lunch. Good as always!! Steady stream of people. Be sure to check your receipt--were charged double sales tax.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.