BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

459,082 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
Rexter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ate at Joe's earlier. They did a nice job in the interior. No wait at 6:30. Bread was really good. We had the pasta trio (lasagna, cannelloni, manicotti) and pasta combo (lasagna, ziti, manicotti) along with salads. Food was very good, and portions are large. The only thing I would change is having the meals served on a plate instead of the boat-shaped bowl. With all of the cheese topping, we couldn't tell what each item was until cutting into everything. All in all, good stuff. Our bill was $36.80. Each entree was $14 and tea is $3.
rocketscience
AG
bcstx06 said:

Does anyone know what this proposal is for Traditions/Lake Walk? Looks like a restaurant. I wonder if it's local or a chain or something else all together???
https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2021%20SDRC/8-10-2021/SP21-33,%20Traditions%20B5,%2008-10-21.pdf

Looks to be next to the Stella Hotel. It also shows future buildings surrounding it. Very interesting! That area needs restaurants and retail to draw in more people and for the thousands that now live and work over there now.
It looks like that's a continuation of the Lake Walk master plan although with a few less floors than originally planned. No idea what the restaurant will be but any decent restaurant will be a great addition to drive more traffic there, it could be such a great part of town if it had more development. The rest of the buildings in the site plan are the remainder of phase B with the exception of B2 which will be the Children's Museum's future permanent home.

https://wtaw.com/the-childrens-museum-of-the-brazos-valley-is-moving-to-lake-walk/
TommyBrady
AG
Yes, those plans are still on track and I think the next 2-3 years will see a huge jump in development on the site
BryanPooch
Snooze about 35%`full between 7:45:a.m. and 9 a.m. today, Thursday, Aug. 5. Very good coffee, great staff, OK breakfast. Smaller than expected inside but a substantial patio on east side. Almost all items are breakfast with few real lunch type choices.
BryanPooch
jja79
AG
Agreed. The food is just OK.
Jon Ponder 08
AG
Have been to snooze in Denver twice and loved it. Went in Austin and thought it was better than average, but not as good as Denver .
Went to our new addition yesterday and thought it matched my Denver experiences.
I had the habanero pork belly Benedict, son had chocolate chip pancake plate, daughter had breakfast pot pie and wife had the corned beef hash. All of it was very good. Had a great cappuccino to boot and service was super.
We will be back and likely add it as a regular to the rotation.
Will be interested in Toasted Yolk opening across the street as well.
trouble
AG
We were going to try it this morning but decided on Another Broken Egg instead. We'll go sometime we don't have the boys with us. I can't see paying $6.50 for a kid's meal that doesn't include some kind of meat. The kid's pancake breakfast is nearly all carbs.
theNetSmith
AG
Don't think I've seen you on TexAgs before, Jon.. only in a professional capacity. Good to have you here.

Breakfast pot pie sounds intriguing. Will have to give Snooze a try.
oklaunion
PS3D said:

Joe's Italian Restaurant at the former Fuddruckers opened today, anyone tried it out yet?
Went today. Very attentive wait staff. Food is flavorful. Not cheap but I think that is how things have become. Portions were huge and brought home enough for 2 meals.
Jon Ponder 08
AG
Yeah, I'm a longtime lurker around here the last 15 years. Glad to be seen! Hope you're well!
PS3D
Honolulu Poke House has been listed as "temporarily closed" on Google, that can't be good. How long it has been that way, and will it ever reopen? Facebook says nothing about it; no updates since 2020.
Post removed:
by user
Tailgate88
AG
Honolulu was the first poke place in town, and as frequent travelers to Hawaii we were thrilled. Since Poke Stop opened on Rock Prairie, we have started going there because the quality is a little higher and frankly it was closer. Sad to see them go but I guess competition is good.
Post removed:
by user
FlyRod
Big fan of the one at Century Square! In the regular lunch rotation now.
PS3D
I'm a bit disappointed since I found (and lost) a site where you could look up any build permit in Texas (I think it was a government website) but according to permits, the former Wayback Burgers off of Texas Avenue is getting its interior demolished, presumably for a new tenant.
Hittag1492
AG
Did you check the first post in this thread? Is that what you had? That at least has local ones.
PS3D
Hittag1492 said:

Did you check the first post in this thread? Is that what you had? That at least has local ones.

No, it wasn't in the OP. You had to select the county. Not that I was able to find anything that was truly groundbreaking, and I doubt anyone really cares the Exxon is rebuilding.
rocketscience
AG
PS3D said:

Hittag1492 said:

No, it wasn't in the OP. You had to select the county. Not that I was able to find anything that was truly groundbreaking, and I doubt anyone really cares the Exxon is rebuilding.
https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search

This might be what you're looking for.
Marooned_n_Aggieland

Project Name:Costco College Station
Project Number:TABS2021021033
Facility Name:Costco Wholesale
Location Address:4321 State Highway 6 SouthCollege Station, TX 77845
Location County:Brazos

Start Date:2/1/2022
Completion Date:5/22/2022
Estimated Cost:$13,252,753
Type of Work:New Construction
Type of Funds:This project is privately funded, on private land for private use.
Scope of Work:New Warehouse and Fuel Facility
Square Footage:813,281 ft 2
Are the private funds provided by the tenant?No
ZachTheGoodAg
AG
Tried to go in and eat at the Panda Express on W Villa Maria in Bryan at lunch today. Drive thru open but inside was closed. No sign on the door or explanation but the personnel just motioned for me to drive through . Ugh. I went elsewhere.

ZTGA
motherrunnersBCS
I don't think Panda Express has been open for anything except drivethu since the pandemic.
chickencoupe16
AG
motherrunnersBCS said:

I don't think Panda Express has been open for anything except drivethu since the pandemic.

Chinese food => PANDa => PANDemic => Chinese virus => Chinese food

snaglepuss
Is this Joe Fazzino's place?
PS3D
motherrunnersBCS said:

The College Station one was open as of a few weeks ago for full service.

rocketscience said:

PS3D said:

Hittag1492 said:

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search

This might be what you're looking for.
That's the one, thanks!
Bones2012
AG
They are moving dirt next to walk on's in south cs. I presume and hope this is still gringos!
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Project Name:Gringo''s @12 - College StationP
roject Number:TABS2021015872
Facility Name:Gringo''s @12 - College Station
Location Address:4300 SH-6 SCollege Station, TX 77845
Location County:Brazos

Start Date:5/31/2021
Completion Date:2/20/2022
Estimated Cost:$2,500,000
Type of Work:New Construction
Type of Funds:This project is privately funded, on private land for private use.
Scope of Work:New construction of a stand alone Mexican food restaurant.
Square Footage:10,021 ft 2
Are the private funds provided by the tenant?No
Its Not Rocket Surgery
AG
Sorry if this one has already been posted somewhere, but exciting assuming it happens (other than it's a little too convenient from my home). Andy's is the t*ts!

Andy's Frozen Custard
Tailgate88
AG
Rockdoc
AG
I stopped by the construction site this morning and asked if they could pick up the pace a little. No breaks.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Insomnia cookies is now open
TommyBrady
AG
Delicious as well! Way better than tiffs imho
KidDoc
AG
Tiff's is horribly addicting for me, I may have to avoid Insomnia all together those look amazing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
theNetSmith
AG
looks like you got in a bit of a scrap trying to get those cookies
Eliminatus
AG
Rexter said:

Ate at Joe's earlier. They did a nice job in the interior. No wait at 6:30. Bread was really good. We had the pasta trio (lasagna, cannelloni, manicotti) and pasta combo (lasagna, ziti, manicotti) along with salads. Food was very good, and portions are large. The only thing I would change is having the meals served on a plate instead of the boat-shaped bowl. With all of the cheese topping, we couldn't tell what each item was until cutting into everything. All in all, good stuff. Our bill was $36.80. Each entree was $14 and tea is $3.
Just tried it from this recommendation and was very pleased. Prices were a little higher than I was expecting but when I saw the portions it made sense. They do not skimp that is for sure. Got the spaghetti works and it was super tasty with my favorite meat to meat sauce to noodle ratio.

Staff was super nice and attentive. Great place! I am not one to bad mouth a place online really but let's just say I have been less than enthused with Olive Garden as of late (and it takes a LOT for me to be displeased with a place) so I am happy that I found an easy replacement of OG. Will be back to try their pizza.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.