BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

459,079 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
UhOhNoAgTag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was at Post Oak Mall today. Has Casa Ole always been there? I've never noticed the sign until today.
Collectonian
UhOhNoAgTag said:

I was at Post Oak Mall today. Has Casa Ole always been there? I've never noticed the sign until today.
Been there as long as i can remember, yeah
UhOhNoAgTag
OK thanks.
InMyOpinion
UhOhNoAgTag said:

LOLOLOL!!!!
trouble
AG
UhOhNoAgTag said:

Since at least 1993
PS3D
UhOhNoAgTag said:

It's been there for 38 years. You just now noticed?
tb9665
Maybe that is why Post Oak Mall is having issues keeping stores.
Counterpoint
AG
Whoa! Anyone ever notice that large collection of buildings on the tract of land bordered by University Drive, Wellborn, George Bush, and Texas Ave?

rocketscience
AG
$300 million expansion for Fujifilm and will add 150 jobs. Exciting how many expansions they've announced in the last couple of years!

https://wtaw.com/fujifilm-diosynth-biotechnogies-select-the-biocorridor-for-a-300-million-expansion/
MsDoubleD81
AG
Ive only been here a year and rarely go to the mall. I've seen it.
doubledog
maroon barchetta said:

Things BCS definitely needs to bring in as new businesses:

Banks
Nail salons
Smoke/vape shops
Churches
Coffee shops

Maybe it is me, but I see lots of bank branch locations, but when I go into one there are only a few employees, most of the offices are empty, and there is only one teller. If it is all work at home, then why are there so many bank branch locations?
Koko Chingo
AG
doubledog - I believe maroon barchetta was being sarcastic.

There are joke about it on TexAgs because they are the most common types of opening and arguably oversaturated in our market.

maroon barchetta
doubledog
Koko Chingo said:

doubledog - I believe maroon barchetta was being sarcastic.

There are joke about it on TexAgs because they are the most common types of opening and arguably oversaturated in our market.

I took barchetta's post as such, but I still am waiting for an answer to my question.

Why would a bank open a new branch and not staff it properly?
TXAGBQ76
AG
New trend in banking.BofA, Chase and others have had kiosks to talk with a banker virtually for some time now.
Koko Chingo
AG
I have no idea why so many banks are even opening branches. I have not stepped foot inside a bank in years. Even for business, you can use the drive up, and deposits can be made in the drop box.

The kiosk thing is a great idea.

bcstx06
TIM HORTONS Is coming to Texas! The Houston area to start, so I guess we should get one/some soon.
https://abc13.com/amp/tim-hortons-in-texas-houston-are-there-locations-timmies/11343719/
Desert Power
AG
Are they still planning on building the Andy's Frozen Custard? Wife and I love that place and we were so excited to hear it was coming to College Station. Haven't seen or heard anything about it since the announcement months and months ago.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Desert Power said:

Are they still planning on building the Andy's Frozen Custard? Wife and I love that place and we were so excited to hear it was coming to College Station. Haven't seen or heard anything about it since the announcement months and months ago.

Yes. Site plans were submitted in early November.
The Brazos Kid
bcstx06 said:

TIM HORTONS Is coming to Texas! The Houston area to start, so I guess we should get one/some soon.
https://abc13.com/amp/tim-hortons-in-texas-houston-are-there-locations-timmies/11343719/

I dunno. The 27 Dutch Bros. proliferating locally may dissuade Timmie's from setting up shop here.

That being said, banks, nail salons and chicken finger establishments haven't been affected.
PS3D
After years of waiting, the TETCO there at Texas Avenue and Harvey Road is officially a 7-Eleven. I haven't been by the other TETCO yet so I can't say much for the Chevron at Highway 21.
CEAg78
AG
PS3D said:

After years of waiting, the TETCO there at Texas Avenue and Harvey Road is officially a 7-Eleven. I haven't been by the other TETCO yet so I can't say much for the Chevron at Highway 21.

I stop at Hwy21 TETCO/7-11 a couple of times a week and can't tell you if the outside sign has changed or not. Lots of 7-11 stuff inside though.
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
textar4404
The new Exxon station on Harvey Rd near Koppe Bridge looks like it's getting close to being finished. They recently put up the signage on the building and the name is "BuyBuy". I've never seen that name on a gas station and can't find anything with Google. Has anyone seen this branded gas station before?
maroon barchetta
textar4404 said:

The new Exxon station on Harvey Rd near Koppe Bridge looks like it's getting close to being finished. They recently put up the signage on the building and the name is "BuyBuy". I've never seen that name on a gas station and can't find anything with Google. Has anyone seen this branded gas station before?

Maybe it's a suggestion!
ChampsAg
N'SYNC branching out and they haven't installed the last BUY
rocketscience
AG
Phase II renders are now in the leasing brochure with two restaurant spaces in negotiation. It also appears negotiations are underway for a large fitness business under Star Cinema and a business next to Kendra Scott and Onward Reserve.

https://www.century-square.com/uploads/img/content/211026_CS_CR_II_Leasing_Brochure_Public_Use.pdf
armymom
Sunday is the last day to fish on Gibbons Creek. Wonder what will become of the lake with the new owners?
Captn_Ag05
AG
At some point, La Madeline was announced for Century Square. Not sure if that is one of the restaurant spaces in negotiation or not. Also, other Midway properties have a Lifetime Fitness in them, so wondering if that might be the large fitness location in negotiation.
AG81
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

At some point, La Madeline was announced for Century Square. Not sure if that is one of the restaurant spaces in negotiation or not. Also, other Midway properties have a Lifetime Fitness in them, so wondering if that might be the large fitness location in negotiation.

Won't matter to me until they do away with their stupid pay for parking policy. I don't care if the garage is free. I'll shop and eat where I don't have to pay for parking.
EBrazosAg
AG
Retail renters think the same. Onward Reserve owner was unequivocal on his criticism when I discussed with him a couple of yr ago and other renters agreed. I completely steer clear of there - more because I can find similar vendors without the issue rather than I find the issue too obnoxious.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
techno-ag
AG
Agreed. This ain't the big city.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
KidDoc
AG
AG81 said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Won't matter to me until they do away with their stupid pay for parking policy. I don't care if the garage is free. I'll shop and eat where I don't have to pay for parking.
It is free on Sunday, just FYI. Porter's does a solid brunch!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgsWin2011
AG
I noticed the land at the SE corner of William D Fitch and Hwy 6 (across the street from Lowe's and Exxon) has a sold sign on it.

Anyone have info on what may be coming here? Sorry if it's already been discussed.
lockett93
AG
Heismenberg said:

I noticed the land at the SE corner of William D Fitch and Hwy 6 (across the street from Lowe's and Exxon) has a sold sign on it.

Anyone have info on what may be coming here? Sorry if it's already been discussed.

All I've heard so far is a non-Bucees (clone) gas station and other retail developments
MS08
AG
Supposed to be a nice C-Store like Bucees but not the size of a Bucees. It was literally in the deed restrictions that it could NOT be a Bucees. I think that development will take up 6-8 acres and then other parcels will be created and sold for various uses.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.