Outdoors
Sponsored by

Some guy plans to travel Africa in modded Jeep

633,515 Views | 3120 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by HalifaxAg
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As he gets closer to my day, I'm going to let the Toyota Landcruiser cartels know his precise location
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I couldn't add to the spreadsheet, but for cause of death, I'll go with "bunga bunga".

He might be to the Morrocan border on the 18th.
txags92
AG
quote:
I couldn't add to the spreadsheet, but for cause of death, I'll go with "bunga bunga".

Hopefully he doesnt get caught near a pineapple plantation...
ellebee
quote:
quote:
We need to get everyone that guessed a date to update their answer with a predicted cause of death. I realize that it is very dark, but the ones that are on there are also morbidly entertaining.
accidentally drives right into a terrorist camp while chasing pokemon

Dammit I was going to post this. Darwinism is already going to get the best of him but this would be doubling down.
EMY92
AG
quote:

Sorry, only I can edit the spreadsheet to ensure my victory!

Actually, it was to prevent others from doing that or bumping others from the date they wanted.
guyace
Faulty airbag while running from his new friends.
New Hampshire Ag
AG
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
AnScAggie
AG
I may have missed this suggestion in the previous 32 pages. Since Jeep guy is going at a snails pace can we start another pool on distance from his starting point at the Moroccan coast instead of dates?? Including COD would add to the fun.
Naveronski
AG
quote:
I may have missed this suggestion in the previous 32 pages. Since Jeep guy is going at a snails pace can we start another pool on distance from his starting point at the Moroccan coast instead of dates?? Including COD would add to the fun.
I like this idea. Distance versus dates.
Presley OBannons Sword
Right now he's sitting somewhere in Morocco thinking "man, I am in so much debt."
texAZtea
AG
Maybe this is how he doesn't pay his debt? It must be easier to go off the grid in Africa.
SteveBott
AG
Not paying debt is easy. Go bankruptcy. And start over. He's got nothing and ends up with nothing.
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
Maybe old age will get him before he complets the trip.
The Fife
I'm thinking he'll go quiet for a while where we hear nothing. Then the jeep or bits of it are found later, and it's some time (if ever) before we know the cause of death and the actual date.
Westi
AG
I asked him how long he plans to hang around Morocco and he basically said as long as it takes to see everything interesting. I'm starting to think he may never leave Morocco.
cadetjay02
AG
Still Alive
ellebee
Death by salt overdose. July 26.
BlueMiles
AG
Even my local HEB has an olive bar.
Mathguy64
AG
I predict he spends the next 3 days in a Moroccan bathroom with a raving case of the olive ****s.
ellebee
quote:
Even my local HEB has an olive bar.

But these are Moroccan olives. There's a difference.
BlueMiles
bedofbrass33
AG
Did this guy accept free gear from companies as sponsors? I remember Jeep doing some kind of video on him.

If he did take free stuff, and he doesn't move far or fast, I'm guessing that one of those companies takes out a hit on him for being a d-bag and wasting their sponsorship money.
Westi
AG
Seems aggressive. We'll see if it pays off cotton.
trip
AG
My day is tomorrow and sadly I won't win
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
My day is tomorrow and sadly I won't win
You will if he dies from olive OD. Gotta think positive.
ursusguy
AG
I can't deny, I'd love that olive selection too.
AnScAggie
AG
Those of you with dates of demise coming up soon, should be optimistic. I get a little uneasy making these types of selections at my local HEB, salsa bar, or make your own bloody mary bar (you never know where the next smallpox vector will be) . I know Morocco is more westernized than most African countries but still it is in Africa. So before long (provided he doesn't suffer some gastrointestinal distress that kills him) he will be venturing out to "find real North African food". And then it won't take much until he wanders into a local ISIS affiliate lunch meeting or some type of other nefarious anti Westerner group.
Zemira
AG
Today was my day. I think i agree with redoing demise/death predictions by location.

Hes traveling less than 10 miles per day at this point. This is going to take him 25 years at this rate. So in addition to gastrointestinal problems he could keel over with anything along the way once he hits 60 on his trek.
AggieChemist
AG
quote:
Those of you with dates of demise coming up soon, should be optimistic. I get a little uneasy making these types of selections at my local HEB, salsa bar, or make your own bloody mary bar (you never know where the next smallpox vector will be) . I know Morocco is more westernized than most African countries but still it is in Africa. So before long (provided he doesn't suffer some gastrointestinal distress that kills him) he will be venturing out to "find real North African food". And then it won't take much until he wanders into a local ISIS affiliate lunch meeting or some type of other nefarious anti Westerner group.
The first time I ate a meal in Africa that wasn't scalding hot, I got a case of the Hershey squirts and the shakes that damn near put me in an Ebola treatment unit.

By the way, when you are in an Ebola hot zone, getting the ****s, shakes, and a low grade fever will cause you to pause and reconsider your life choices.
BringJackieBack89
AG
Has he died of old age yet?
ursusguy
AG
So you are saying being connected to the CDC at that time was not a great experience?

I can see where there might have been some concern on your part ;-).
texrover91
AG
Did your facilities look something like this?

I'd just go and shyt on the ground, lions and snakes be damned!

One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
I'll make sure we have an impressive nshima bar at the ready if he makes it to Zambia.
Terk
AG
Is he dead yet?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.