Outdoors
Sponsored by

Some guy plans to travel Africa in modded Jeep

620,505 Views | 3120 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by HalifaxAg
guyace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did he fall off the face of the Earth yet?
BringJackieBack89
AG
quote:
Did he fall off the face of the Earth yet?
He is moving too slow to actually fall off.
whatthehey78
AG
quote:
Well, he's gonna die.

Well......yeah.
Beetle 92
AG
quote:
quote:
Well, he's gonna die.

Well......yeah.

Hopefully today. Not only because today is my day, but this is boring the hell out of me.

Lay off the olives and hit the trail that chose you, buttmunch.
oneeyedag
Obligatory "Is he dead yet?"
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
Obligatory "Is he dead yet?"
no but his cholesterol levels came in just a bit higher than his doctor would like. Whoever has February 21, 2047 from a heart attack is going to be a big winner unless he changes his eating habits and fills his Lipitor prescription.
Dirt 05
AG
Someone should light a fire under his ass... figuratively of course, by telling him that the pathetic solar plane averaged 2 mph on its journey around the world and anything less than that would confirm that jeeps are in fact the worst transportation vehicle ever developed by man.
cuz-i-can
AG
Well I guess I lost for this year but I'll roll it over to next year and maybe the next. With some losing interest this might end up being one of those time capsule threads that pops up every so often over a long period of time after this idiot posts something....or finally dies.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
quote:
Someone should light a fire under his ass...

He's driving a jeep, it will most likely happen on its own without human help.
oneeyedag
So my August 30, 2016 should change to 2017 or 2018?

Just hanging out in Morroco.
nai06
AG
Damn, i missed him in fez and volubilis.
Scriffer
AG
Is he bored yet?
BringJackieBack89
AG
Considering his blistering pace around the dark continent, I would suggest the "pool" be slightly adjusted so as our respective date chosen will in fact come into play each year on that specific date.

Since I have forecasted his demise on July 22, I will have this date each and every year until he is truly "chosen" by some local tribe.
Westi
AG
Not only is this boring me, but it's starting to tick me off. He made this huge deal about how he's going to circumnavigate Africa all alone in a Jeep in 2 years and got everyone all excited to watch his journey, and then he just sits on his ass eating olives in Morocco. What a bust.
Whitetail
AG
Pretty much turning into a MF Barnes. I did have the thought that he might fabricate the whole thing. I scoured the internet and didn't see any of the pictures he has posted...so at least he has that going for him.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
This is just like that little kid bragging about going off the high dive and now the time is nigh. He's coming up with every diversion he can. If his demise wasn't so certain, it would be worth goading him on social media. Hopefully he has come to his senses and realize his bank account and his mouth have written a check his ass will never be able to cover. Scrap that jeep and head to wherever he now calls home, but wait until 9/18 to announce that.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
This is just like that little kid bragging about going off the high dive and now the time is nigh. He's coming up with every diversion he can. If his demise wasn't so certain, it would be worth goading him on social media. Hopefully he has come to his senses and realize his bank account and his mouth have written a check his ass will never be able to cover. Scrap that jeep and head to wherever he now calls home, but wait until 9/18 to announce that.
agree with this except it's like a kid jumping off of the high dive onto a slab of cement instead of into a pool.
AggieChemist
AG
I can't wait until he samples the olive in the Congo. You know, when he gets sodomized and murdered by olive the natives.
aggieforester05
AG
I'm watching the Long Way Down right now and it really isn't as bad as I thought. Of course political and cultural climates have changed since 2007, but I think he would have a decent chance of not dying if he stayed away from the west coast like they did. His apparent lack of planning in comparison is going to cause major issues.
dodger02
AG
How long have you been working on that one?
ellebee
quote:
How long have you been working on that one?

Olive his life
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
#BlackOlivesMatter
Dr. Faustus
AG
#OLIVESMatter
AggieChemist
AG
Beatch, peas, this really is a big dill... dude is in a pickle. This guy should have taken a partner. A pear of dudes would have had a better chance... he has no margarine for error. People gave him good advice in the breaddit thread, but he just doesn't give a ham. He has to worry about a salt with a deadly weapon... no doubt he's going to meat a cannibal, who, frustrated, will throw up his hands. The Africans just don't carrot all. In my opinion, he should get right with cheeses. I wonder if anyone told his fianc that he cantaloupe. Just thinking about her makes me melon-cholly.

This guy clearly doesn't have the ability to ketchup to his proposed schedule. If you ask brie, he butter watch his ass, because this is eggs-actly the kind of stuff we've been taco-ing about.

When he finally DOES die, I wonder how he will be berried. Do we have any sauces in Africa to report back to us?

So I think it's thyme... lettuce move on.
AgEng06
AG
BRA-VO
Presley OBannons Sword
I am equal parts humored and annoyed by Chemist's post.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG

Guess homeboy ran out of money and is using his jeep as an AirBnB
TresPuertas
AG
quote:

Dude has been in Africa for 2 weeks and is now a tour guide.

I think the new bets should be if he ever leaves Morocco (he wont)
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
So all of that effort to become a Moroccan chauffeur. He could have just signed up to be an Uber driver back in Sheboygan or wherever.
Mathguy64
AG
The road ride chose me.
End Of Message
AG
This is boring. Dan Grec, you are a fraud--a typical millenial with look-at-me syndrome.

Caliber
AG
I just asked, He does think a trek from Lubumbashi to Kinshasa would be really cool! Guess he hasn't read the Congo thread yet....
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
One has to question the business acumen of a company that partners up with this guy given all of the aforementioned logistical screw ups in his original 'plan'. I hope for their sake that they have good insurance.

And +1 me on the 'this guy is a total hack' boat. Dude makes a bunch of ridiculous mods to a new Jeep on credit only to putz around Morocco where a $500 Geo Prism off craigslist, tent and sleeping bag would have likely sufficed. I guess he knew that, though, since this is clearly all just some elaborate ploy to get some sponsorship bucks and a part time job.
BringJackieBack89
AG
quote:

Well, maybe this is a stretch, but I'll go out on a limb and say that I think our little millennial is doing a bit of growing up. Think about it...he is finally realizing he is dead if he continues on with this joke of a journey. He is underwater in debt and has no job (even wrote a "book" about living off others). Maybe he has come to his senses and is acknowledging he should finally man up and earn something of a living...

Nah, never mind. Dude is a typical sponge on society and seriously trolling all of us.

I may have been wrong picking July 22, but I do believe he will get rolled out there, even in Morocco, by some local thugs soon enough.
RM1993
AG
Does anyone know what the actual arrangement with the tour company is? Could be that they are only looking for him to contribute some travel articles to their site during his journey rather that a deal where he sits in Morroco and shuttles tourists in his jeep.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.