Outdoors
Sponsored by

Some guy plans to travel Africa in modded Jeep

613,416 Views | 3120 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by HalifaxAg
CactusThomas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What does Kevin Durant have to do with this?
aTm2004
AG
He's a free agent.
cadetjay02
AG
He answered my question thus is still alive, but didn't indicate when he was crossing into Africa.

Dan Grec June 30, 2016 at 1:09 pm
Thanks Jay,

Yes, the roof can be bought with roof racks if required, and can carry a lot of weight, though really heavy things must be taken off before the roof is "open" for sleeping.

-Dan

OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
quote:
He answered my question thus is still alive, but didn't indicate when he was crossing into Africa.

TheChodeChoseYou.com
Texmid
AG
quote:
quote:

Thanks Jay,

Yes, the roof can be bought with roof racks if required, and can carry a lot of weight, though really heavy things must be taken off before the roof is "open" for sleeping.

-Dan

You have a new friend. I wonder what he would think if he realized he has a 19 page thread and is being follow by a bunch of Texas Aggies that are wondering when he is going to die!
As much as this dude appreciates himself, my guess is that he is reading this thread.
Presley OBannons Sword
This guy will only redeem himself in my eyes if he:

1) goes through with it and lives
2) goes through with it and dies

or

3) throws himself on the mercy of the internet as having gotten himself in too far over his head
Pasquale Liucci
AG
The dude cant figure out landmarks in London, what convinces you he's capable of enough e-sleuthing to find this thread?
texrover91
AG
FIFY:

quote:
Thanks Jay,

-Dan

PS - I left my cash and machete on my dresser at home, next to my Matchbox Jeep collection - can you please send me money par avion (small bills but a large stack) and a new machete? I'll gladly repay you upon my return!

Texmid
AG
quote:
The dude cant figure out landmarks in London, what convinces you he's capable of enough e-sleuthing to find this thread?
Good point. My reasoning was that he isn't driving through Africa so he is probably spending hours upon hours in an internet cafe reading about himself.
AG
It just isn't that confusing country of England where he speaks the native tongue, the dude got lost driving through Remulak France.
Terk
AG
Is he dead yet?
cz308
He just posted on Facebook recently that he's headed to Africa. About damn time.

"12,000 miles through the USA, Canada, Belgium, France and Spain has been an amazing preamble. Now it's time for AFRICA. Ferry tickets in hand"
EMY92
AG
quote:
He just posted on Facebook recently that he's headed to Africa. About damn time.

"12,000 miles through the USA, Canada, Belgium, France and Spain has been an amazing preamble. Now it's time for AFRICA. Ferry tickets in hand"

OK, does this mean we can start picking dates for the death pool?
Bitter Old Man
AG
The over/under is July 5th.
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:
It just isn't that confusing country of England where he speaks the native tongue, the dude got lost driving through Remulak France.

They drive on the wrong side of the road though
Zemira
AG
Edit: I am taking July 24th
aTm2004
AG
AG
I think we can pick a "day missing", then an additional pick on when they officially find the jeep (or parts of the jeep), then finally his body.
New Hampshire Ag
AG
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
July 21 he goes MIA
EMY92
AG
My guess is that he disappears on August 5th. Even in that length of time, he won't have traveled far.
End Of Message
AG
The Fife
I'll take August 7th.
CactusThomas
AG
July 17

#thedatechosehim
AG
Did he forget his phone charger or was that optional equipment? Not gonna be able to update much from the dark continent with less than 20% battery.
CharlieBrown17
AG
quote:
Did he forget his phone charger or was that optional equipment? Not gonna be able to update much from the dark continent with less than 20% battery.
That's a screen shot, so that's whoever took the screenshots battery not his
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
Sean98
AG
I've been off the grid for 4 days, he dead yet?
Centerpole90
AG
He has ferry tickets for Morocco tomorrow.
Agmechanic
AG
Mathguy64
AG
He survives but never makes it out or Morocco. Something tells me the difficulties of visas and border transits/bribes are way beyond his ability.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Agree with mathguy. This thing is going to bog down before it really gets going or dangerous.
Potlicker
AG
Awesome...
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
Frankly, if he pulls this off, without significant Corp sponsorship, I think we should figure out how to send him a congratulatory bottle of bourbon - or, at least beer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.