Outdoors
Sponsored by

Some guy plans to travel Africa in modded Jeep

620,498 Views | 3120 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by HalifaxAg
ccard257
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
if I'm in his shoes, and a semi-attractive female that I met in Europe (i'll give her a 5.5) wants to tag along, it's a no brainer. he probably never thought someone would want to go along.
I think this is the most likely scenario. I doubt she is there for the whole trip. I also think he'll hang out with lots of different people along the way (assuming he doesn't get dead quickly), some of them for months at a time (like her).
KT 90
guyace

She was with him in this June 16 photo from Facebook prior to his purchasing the ferry tickets.
Mathguy64
AG
This is amazing. Some random nobody is taking a fake vacation to Africa hiding his traveling companion and the OB not only discovers her name and background but practically found her bra size and cat's name.

Proof positive to never ever ever do anything underhanded around the OB.
aggieforester05
AG
Hell hath no fury like TexAgs!
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
quote:
found her facebook profile (her email addy is on her photography site, which can be used to find her profile), she's from Ontario, and lives in the Yukon territory.

Last post she made that wasn't anti-oil/gas or anti-mansplaining was on May 12th. She was trying to sell her tickets to a hippie music festival that started on July 29th. Looks like she made last minute plans to go to Africa, and needed to offload her tickets.

just when i couldn't hate this guy more he went and recruited a lena dunham fart sniffer to be his secret travel companion.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
I love watching liars like this get outed. Lol, way to go OB!
VanZandt92
I know that girl. She works at The Frontier restaurant in Albuquerque. Yukon my ass. She makes a mean burrito.
aggieforester05
AG
I'm thinking this is some kind of marketing ploy to get people to buy books or get hits on a website or something. She talks about a lot of marketing strategies in this video similar to what we're seeing from Dan.

She comes on at 25 minutes into this:

Kenneth_2003
AG
Wow... really packing the customers in that venue. Cramming them in by the ones and twos!
AnScAggie
AG
She uses the word "umm" in her presentations, like he uses #hashtags in his picture posts.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
This is amazing. Some random nobody is taking a fake vacation to Africa hiding his traveling companion and the OB not only discovers her name and background but practically found her bra size and cat's name.

Proof positive to never ever ever do anything underhanded around the OB.

She's a granola.

Bra Size: None
Cat's Name: Harry
Whitetail
AG
Now to understand the link between Yukon tourism and Morocco.
Whitetail
AG
Q on Facebook: What happened to the decals? I see that the jeep side looked new...

A: "The plan was always to take them all off before actually crossing into Africa."

Some others are catching on.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
Well, first you buy a Jeep. The you start hitting up the chicks in bars and tell them about this epic road trip you're going on.

I kid, I kid.
ccard257
AG
quote:
quote:
Well, first you buy a Jeep. The you start hitting up the chicks in bars and tell them about this epic road trip you're going on.

I kid, I kid.

Isn't that what a jeep jamboree consists of?
techno-ag
AG
BuddysBud
AG
Oh ye of little faith in OB and took this to OR!
Why would anyone doubt those who outted mfbarnes and the Yeti guy?

Blow on, OB! Blow on!
ursusguy
AG
Yeah, it's not incidental between the two. They have several connections in Canada.

I suggest checking her friends from her Europe trip and trip to California. Her earlier photos are odd (granted 10 years ago), some look pretty good followed by what the hell.
BlueMiles
AG
She mentioned Travelocity reviews in her talk. Anyone have time to search through those? I'm still at work.
Presley OBannons Sword
This story has gone from the Phantom Menace to the Usual Suspects in a matter of hours. So proud to have been in on the ground floor
oneeyedag
WTF happened, city-slicker a fraud?
cbr
AG
quote:
She looks a little thick for me, but probably wood. I'd want a travel partner too if I were him. You'd be talking to yourself in a few days all alone in the African bush. If she's got good bush, that's good for him too.
from the looks of her i think its more along the lines of 'when in the wild make sure you can outrun your bait...i mean ... companion.'
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
quote:
I hope he's packing a kevlar snuggie. Also I don't see why he needs a passenger seat, that's extra square feet he could use

Well now we know why he didn't get rid of it.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
WTF happened, city-slicker a fraud?

TLDR: He's in Africa, but he has a granola female sidekick on his 'solo' tour. And his updates are delayed by nearly two months. He thinks Morocco is undeveloped.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Morocco is Saks Fifth Avenue compared to most the rest of that continent. What an idiot
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
Morocco is Saks Fifth Avenue compared to most the rest of that continent. What an idiot
some of the resorts in Morocco draw the saks fifth avenue crowd.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Is he outed yet?
BringJackieBack89
AG
Morocco is simply Africa on training wheels.
OlAg2001
I had to head home to take care of a sick child and missed this! Catching up now. This does not disappoint.
35chililights
AG
In all fairness, they do make drones that have pre-programmed start and stop locations and will smooth-pan based on where you want the camera angles, so he technically could shoot shots of himself driving and without the footage showing him holding a remote all by himself, but that's not what this looks like.
bedofbrass33
AG
This thread kept me up past my lolold bedtime. Well worth it.
Credible Source
AG
He follows me on Twitter, wanna see if we can troll the **** out of him on PM?
cuz-i-can
AG
As morbid as most of were getting on the death pool or cause of death, I don't think anybody is surprised by the great possibility this huge troll. The foolishness of driving through the African bush and getting hijacked by some cannibals was just too fantastic.
oneeyedag
Appears little work will occur while I catch up on what's I've missed.

My August 30 date still valid. Maybe she will suffocate him in a moment of mad passion.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.