Outdoors
Sponsored by

Some guy plans to travel Africa in modded Jeep

633,395 Views | 3120 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by HalifaxAg
Kenneth_2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Sure various regions of Africa have their problems, but so do a lot of other countries too. Need I remind that approximately 30 people die every day in the United States as a result of gun violence, and the country experiences some of the worst racial and gender prejudices of our time. Yet everyone wants to travel to America, the land of the "free" - the Brand USA tourism campaign makes sure of it. The United States has the world's highest incarceration rate - double that of South Africa - so who is the more troubled and dangerous region now?
She is dumber than a box of rocks
As a geologist, I take offense to this. There's no need to insult a box of perfectly good rocks when in truth, she's actually dumber than a box of broken hammers.
Presley OBannons Sword
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sure various regions of Africa have their problems, but so do a lot of other countries too. Need I remind that approximately 30 people die every day in the United States as a result of gun violence, and the country experiences some of the worst racial and gender prejudices of our time. Yet everyone wants to travel to America, the land of the "free" - the Brand USA tourism campaign makes sure of it. The United States has the world's highest incarceration rate - double that of South Africa - so who is the more troubled and dangerous region now?
She is dumber than a box of rocks
As a geologist, I take offense to this. There's no need to insult a box of perfectly good rocks when in truth, she's actually dumber than a box of broken hammers.
a broken hammer can be repaired. also more functional and useful than Emily.
ccard257
AG
Just for ****s and giggles, I looked up the murder rates for the US and SA. SA is nearly an order of magnitude worse.
Satellite of Love
quote:
quote:
the country experiences some of the worst racial and gender prejudices of our time.

holy crap that is one of the dumbest things ive ever heard, yet i know tons of people believe it. I'm not saying the US doesnt have any racial issues, you bet we do. But the african nation i live in is full of racial strife that we dont even come close to touching. I know of a woman whose husband was of a different people group. One day he just up and decides he no longer wants to be married to a woman of a different ethnicity, divorces her, and marries someone from his own group. as bad as tensions seem to be in the states, you dont see stuff like that, and thats not even a violent or political example.

Plus there aren't parts of the US where albino people are being hunted and consumed as some sort of misguided cure-all or gain super powers from their albino bodies. Yeah America is the effed of area of the world.

We also don'the have a nation where there are 250+ different village languages (looking at you Nigeria). Not knowing the language could get you into trouble real quick. Don't forget about the religious group who has no qualms about kidnapping a whole school of girls because they are of the "wrong" religion.
Kenneth_2003
AG
I'm torn. I no longer know which of these two chodes I dislike the most.

AnScAggie
AG
Who would have thought just a few short months ago that anyone could have been more annoying, naive and utterly clueless than Dan? Then Emily pops into the picture and I find myself in a quandary.
Post removed:
by user
HvilleAggie
AG
Is he dead yet?
TexasAggie_02
AG
http://theroadchoseme.com/senegal-sights

quote:
The constant heckling by "guides" starts to wear me down. Since Morocco every time I step out of the Jeep I'm surrounded by people insisting they are part of a "Community Development Fund" or a "Co-operative" and it's mandatory that I pay them to be my guide. It doesn't matter how many times I say no thanks, or how many times I insist I just want to walk around quietly by myself. Inevitably they follow me tirelessly, the entire time talking extremely loudly at me. Eventually when we return to the Jeep the demand comes for money, and it's always "pay what you want", which is of course never enough, and there is a lot of guilt thrown my way.

I wish I could be left in peace, though I understand that is simply not going to happen for the next many months of my life.
nai06
AG
quote:
http://theroadchoseme.com/senegal-sights

quote:
The constant heckling by "guides" starts to wear me down. Since Morocco every time I step out of the Jeep I'm surrounded by people insisting they are part of a "Community Development Fund" or a "Co-operative" and it's mandatory that I pay them to be my guide. It doesn't matter how many times I say no thanks, or how many times I insist I just want to walk around quietly by myself. Inevitably they follow me tirelessly, the entire time talking extremely loudly at me. Eventually when we return to the Jeep the demand comes for money, and it's always "pay what you want", which is of course never enough, and there is a lot of guilt thrown my way.

I wish I could be left in peace, though I understand that is simply not going to happen for the next many months of my life.

what a tool. Learn how to say 'No" Dan. Its pretty easy
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Eventually when we return to the Jeep....
Freudian slip?
Buck Compton
AG
I think he means himself and the guy following him.
KT 90
AG
quote:
quote:
Eventually when we return to the Jeep....
Freudian slip?
I noticed that as well when I was reading the post up above.

Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I feel sorry for all of Africa, no matter how bad their issues are, because they are going to be taken down by the plague of stupid that Liar Dan and Hoofed Emily have started in Morocco and now spreading south. Even though that moose is no longer on the continent, she still infects them with her typing.
Kenneth_2003
AG
When are we allowed to unleash TexAgs fury on them?

The hoofed millennial social justice warrior and self proclaimed aficionado of traditional African clothing and fashion needs to be put in her proper place.
AggieChemist
AG
Looks like Dan was starting to get beat down by his first taste of what the REST of the continent will feel/look/smell like. I see he decided to stay a few days at his "campsite" which based on the fact that it's clean and there is no one there, I can only assume is behind a gate, probably with armed security.

PS, I ate the fish. Live a little, Dan.
AggieChemist
AG
Found it. Took less than five minutes.

http://www.djidjack.com/en/

From the website, this interesting tree...

From Dan...

TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
When are we allowed to unleash TexAgs fury on them?

The hoofed millennial social justice warrior and self proclaimed aficionado of traditional African clothing and fashion needs to be put in her proper place.
her cell # is on her webpage. someone could sign her up for cat facts
CrottyKid
AG
Too bad he didn't hit a landmine.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Time to hit some truck stop BRs with a sharpie.
Centerpole90
AG
No hookups.

Would not stay.
CrottyKid
AG
Pretty obviously at a resort.
cuz-i-can
AG
I guess next he will be posting from the wilds of Buc-ee's.
Bockaneer
AG
no lie - I ran into a Yeti once at BucEes.
ShaggyAggie01
AG
quote:
no lie - I ran into a Yeti once at BucEes.
T&P's, that probably hurt.
Scruffy
AG
Did you freeze?
Teddy Perkins
AG

Path traveled so far.
End Of Message
AG
****s about to get real.
Presley OBannons Sword
quote:
Did you freeze?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

Path traveled so far.
i wonder why he labeled only those cities on the map? No way in hell he is going to Timbuktu, so why list it?
BQ_90
AG
I drove by the African safari animal zoo south of Franklin the other day. That means I've seen more of Africa than good ol Dan.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
I drove by the African safari animal zoo south of Franklin the other day. That means I've seen more of Africa than good ol Dan.
I saw a homeless person the other day. That means I've seen more of Africa than good ol Dan.
Guitarsoup
AG
My mom's from Africa. I saw more of Africa before I was born than he has seen his entire life.
Fairview
AG
Sidebar from Dan's adventures but these two ladies just died at a resort over there. My neighbors are super close to the family and I hung out with them a few times the last time being Thanksgiving. They were super pumped about this trip and its all they talked about. It will be interesting to see if they figure out what happened to them. Super sad.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/seychelles-police-probe-deaths-sisters-annie-robin-korkki-n656651
JD Shellnut
AG
Dead at a $2000 per night resort?!? No signs of violence. Hmm...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.