Outdoors
Sponsored by

Some guy plans to travel Africa in modded Jeep

620,495 Views | 3120 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by HalifaxAg
EMY92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I keep clicking on this thread when I see new posts. Instead of being the little kid in the back seat saying, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" endlessly, it's more "Is he dead yet? Is he dead yet?".
cz308
Kinda disappointed that he's not going through Mogadishu and Benghazi. Perhaps he can stop in and visit King Obama's family in Kenya while he's passing through.
New Boot Goofin
AG
****. IN.
TresPuertas
AG
I really want this trip to start and I've reconciled my feelings per the following:

I'm pretty sure that this dude doesn't even make it 2 weeks, but I don't really want him to die. Stupidity, while dangerous in this case, doesn't make me want the guy to be harmed. The dream scenario is to crap out within short order and then have to eat a bunch of crow. People who have their heads in the clouds like this moron often deny the realities of the world (see: all liberals), but wishing death upon them seems a little harsh.

Unfortunately, knowing what I know about the inhabitants of Africa, this situation lends itself to a likely dark conclusion.
NickNaylor
quote:
I really want this trip to start and I've reconciled my feelings per the following:

I'm pretty sure that this dude doesn't even make it 2 weeks, but I don't really want him to die.
Same here. He ran out of money and is living on his credit cards, so when he dies in a couple weeks without any assets, he will be a burden on society as the debt will just be discharged.
Mateo84
AG
quote:
****. IN.
Me too ... Since I've already been following closely, I might as well post fairly early on
DannyDuberstein
AG
This guy needs to be sporting a GoPro that is constantly uploading to the cloud. I'll sponsor it.
35chililights
AG
I have a good feeling about this.
BreNayPop
AG
In
ursusguy
AG
Throw in the potential of a couple diseases, he could literally crap himself out.
texrover91
AG
quote:
quote:
I hope James isn't foolish enough to download his ebook - all he's done is price he doesn't have the stomach fir his own medicine.

If he was practical and inti saving he would have flown to RSA, fitted out a Landcruiser - probably very few mids by people that know more than he does - traveled Africa with RSA plates and siokd at his choice of departure ports

He'd put some money back in his pocket for the way home and have spent about 1/3rd the jack

It's line golf - sometimes you gotta club down and lay up

I'll be honest, I made sense of about 30% of this post.

Apologies for the multi-tasking typos; cleaned it up a bit

quote:
I hope James isn't foolish enough to download his ebook - all he (Dan, our subject idiot) has done is prove he doesn't have the stomach for his own medicine. (i.e., he maxed out his credit cards like everyone else who has to have it now)

If he was practical and into saving he would have flown to RSA, fitted out a Landcruiser - probably very few mods required by people that know more than he does - then travel Africa with RSA plates and sell it at his choice of departure ports. (Kitted out land cruiser over-landers are quite common and available in RSA)

He'd put some money back in his pocket for the way home and have spent about 1/3rd the jack (1/3rd less dinero than modding a jeep in the states and shipping overseas)

It's like golf - sometimes you gotta club down and lay up

EDIT - cleaned up my post now that I'm "sober" LOL

texrover91
AG
quote:
quote:
iPhone multi task pro I'm not

And my name is Dan and I live in YT so....

....10% of this one

And another "now that I'm sober" edit; my eyes would benefit from an iPhone 6 Plus upgrade I guess

quote:
iPhone multi task pro I'm not

And my name is Dan and I live in YT so....

EDIT - "I suck at posting from an iPhone 5 while doing multiple tasks" and equating my suckiness to the stupidty of our Africa-bound Hero, Dan, who hails from the Yukon Ter
12thmnfromflotown
AG
I liked your drunken posts better....
BigPuma
AggieChemist
AG
The latest sunshinery from the Dark Continent:
Albinos in Malawi killed and sold for parts

quote:
In the past 19 months, authorities in Malawi have recorded the murders of 18 albinos and abduction of five others, although Amnesty fears the real number is likely to be higher as many attacks in secretive rituals in rural areas are never reported.

The body parts of albinos who lack pigment in their skin, hair and eyes are believed to bring wealth and good luck and are prized in witchcraft for use in charms and magical potions.

Bitter Old Man
AG

Will he miss the rains down in Africa?
spud1910
AG
He posted an update to his blog today.

http://theroadchoseme.com/new-jeep-new-adventure-africa
Señor Chang
AG
Not seeing any updates since June 2. Your link goes to a post from 2015.
Cancelled
AG
quote:

Will he miss the rains down in Africa?

No, but he might bless them
spud1910
AG
Ooops. Need to finish my coffee before I start looking at numbers.
bmc13
ursusguy
AG
Dude is still playing around in the UK for another week or so.

http://theroadchoseme.com/london-and-around
oneeyedag
He better enjoy himslef, his number is coming up soon.

Some natives are going to have them some nice duds to sport around the bush.
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:

This guy is screwed, he labeled everything he saw in London wrong. I am dying...
wessimo
AG
From the comments section :

Dan's Ghost
June 8, 2016 at 9:49 am
Hi Dan. This is you from the future. Don't go to Africa. You are going to die there.
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:

Dan's Ghost
Hi Dan. This is you from the future. Don't go to Africa. You are going to die there.
Independent George
AG
In.

This dude is in for a severe and painful reality check. I hope he calls it off quickly after starting for his own sake.

That being said, cant wait to see what happens and what he runs into.
boogieman
AG
quote:
quote:

This guy is screwed, he labeled everything he saw in London wrong. I am dying...

He's a bloody moron!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
Like I said. This dork is not getting past the Spain/Morocco border at Ceuta. If he can't correctly identify really famous stuff in London, he for sure has no idea how to get an international vehicle over a border.
powerbelly
AG
Tower Bridge not London Bridge

Buckingham Palace not Parliament House

This guy is ****ed.
Señor Chang
AG
He's going to mistake a group of ISIS fighters for some friendly natives he should stop and take a selfie with.
The Sun
quote:

Dan's Ghost
I figured I would shed a little light to him on his situation.
Presley OBannons Sword
quote:

I bet he continues to **** around in the UK for a while longer until the hoopla over this dies down, then he'll quietly just back out of it
oneeyedag
I was curious if ole boy had a will? Then I thought why, his chance of a beheading, eaten by lions, tigers, cock or cannibals is so high what's the use.

Guys an idiot!
ccard257
AG
quote:
I was curious if ole boy had a will? Then I thought why, his chance of a beheading, eaten by lions, tigers, cock or cannibals is so high what's the use.

Guys an idiot!
Africa is scarier than I thought

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.