Outdoors
Sponsored by

Some guy plans to travel Africa in modded Jeep

620,487 Views | 3120 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by HalifaxAg
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HvilleAggie
AG
quote:

TexasAggie_02
AG
from here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jeep/comments/51hmst/whats_your_scariest_jeep_moment_i_just_drove/
Terk
AG
Is he dead yet?
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Hi Dan. Sept 18 is quickly approaching. Just wanted to remind you about progress and all. Chop chop. Give Emily's feet a smooch for all of us if you can tell the difference between those and that tourist photo camel you are likely now standing in front of. Blow on.
ellebee
quote:

So he smugly admits to being a liar. I especially like the part where he comments about almost getting in trouble taking a nonexistent photo he admits he didn't take.
BuddysBud
AG
The hardest working man in useless Jeep travel blogs.
texrover91
AG
quote:

Reuse??

He is an mfbarnes re-tread

Not sure which I hate most - this Dan the ****** or the fact I keep looking at thread and getting 'barnsed' every time when I should know better!
RM1993
AG
quote:

So Dan's line that it is one of the few pics that he has of himself with the jeep so he re-uses it makes sense on some levels - wouldn't be prudent to had your DSLR to the Marutanian on the corner and ask him to take your pic!

But, what about Emily? Oh yeah, he claims he is trekking solo and broke up with his girlfriend shortly before embarking on the journey.

But, what about the pics of Emily in Morocco with him? Did he mean the break up was shortly before leaving Morocco?

But, then why is Emily still in Africa and by the sound of the updates about two months ahead of him on the same journey? Are we to believe they set out together, parted ways in Morocco and she then decided to embark on her on roadchoseme journey on the same path as Dan, but just doing it at 2X the speed? Did he try to stick it in her butt in the back of the jeep and she got pissed and decided to show the whole world how a real man would attack an around Africa trek just to spite him?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Explain to me again how the caption is accurate when it describes a soldier getting angry at him for taking a photo that doesn't exist?
GAC06
AG
He probably just wanted to add some non-existent drama to the land mine filled border crossing. Since he's clearly an idiot, he screwed it up and used a picture he'd already posted.
Satellite of Love
quote:
quote:
15 mins ago.

https://instagr.am/p/BKBiOwMDEXe
i love how the minefield and border crossing posts are spaced 7 hrs apart to give us the feeling of "real time" even though it happened 2 months ago
Didn't he say he was going to remove the map of Africa on his hood before embarking on his journey? Another fat lie by Dan?
Chazz03
AG
I think he said that to cover a different lie
Naveronski
AG
IIRC, he was just removing the sponsor stickers?
txaggie_08
AG
quote:
correct
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
Who on earth would sponsor that lying taint licker?

I'm actively rooting for the locals/natives/people that just want to rob this idiot.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
quote:

look at the attention he's getting on just this thread alone. every time he tweets something super mundane 35 replies Get added to this ridiculous thread.

everyone is *****ing and moaning, for good reason i guess, but you're all watching this thread like hawks given all the new posts when literally nothing has happened.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Point taken. So maybe LoJack or some GPS tracking company for when he gets robbed/murdered/whatever.
txaggie_08
AG
quote:
quote:

look at the attention he's getting on just this thread alone. every time he tweets something super mundane 35 replies Get added to this ridiculous thread.

everyone is *****ing and moaning, for good reason i guess, but you're all watching this thread like hawks given all the new posts when literally nothing has happened.

Yeah, I keep thinking about unfollowing this thread because I get tired of coming here and seeing people *****ing about the same things over and over, and the constant "is he dead yet?" But then, I keep following just to see if anything good actually happens
Presley OBannons Sword
quote:
quote:

So? Work is boring.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
i was making a point about why someone would sponsor him. lots of eyeballs.
Kenneth_2003
AG
We're they actual sponsors or did he just stick the decals from everything he's bought on his ride?
Presley OBannons Sword
quote:
We're they actual sponsors or did he just stick the decals from everything he's bought on his ride?

That's my guess
ac04
this guy sucks, i'm going to finish the DRC thread and check back in a month
Texas 1836
AG
quote:
Explain to me again how the caption is accurate when it describes a soldier getting angry at him for taking a photo that doesn't exist?

ellebee
Alright which one of you was it?
ccard257
AG
easy now. Don't get our toy taken away too soon.
Naveronski
AG
Not me.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Seems like an extremely odd place to pull over if you ask me.

Psych
AG
Is he dead yet?
OlAg2001
I know there won't be any real updates, but I can't stay away!
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:

better for people to watch this thread for updates than to give him more clicks than necessary. It's kinda like the horn tears thread on premium: a few posters go find the nuggets on the horn sites to repost for the rest of us to read.
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BKHIvG3DPvO

oh looks, he's in the Shara desert now.

Also, you can see the road in the back, so he just pulled off halfway to get a pic of the tires on the sand.
GAC06
AG
Laying tracks in the Sahara desert. Two feet from a road. Again.
ccard257
AG
quote:
Shara
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shara#mw-head][/url][url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shara#p-search][/url]
Shara may refer to:
  • Shara District, an administrative subdivision of Iran
  • Shara (god), son of Inanna, and brother of Lulal
  • Shara, a fictional land in Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series
  • Shara (film), a 2003 Japanese film also known as Sharasojyu
  • Shara Lin, Taiwanese singer/songwriter/musician.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.