Outdoors
Sponsored by

Some guy plans to travel Africa in modded Jeep

613,405 Views | 3120 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by HalifaxAg
toolshed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There are tons of these "Collect memories instead of things" millennial traveling hippies! I just saw a video of a guy in NKorea, maybe it was linked here. Same thing with the guy who used his student loan to take his girlfriend to some Far East island or something. Doesn't have a dime to his name, actually owes a crap load of bills, I (taxpayer) will have to bail him out eventually, and they get to see the world while I bust my hump to earn a living and provide for my family!!

Each one of these guys is trying to one up the other in their grandiose travel adventures. With the latest photography equipment, selfie stick/ drone shots, etc.. It's a cancer on society and a sad indicator of where our culture is headed. The Woodstock generation had its side effects and I think the side effects of this generation of wackados will be even worse!

Lord save us!!
nai06
AG
Western Sahara is very safe especially for tourists. You just need to avoid the border with Algeria where the Polisario Front are. Most of Western Sahara is under Moroccan control and free of any violence
powerbelly
AG
Someone asked him about his flashy jeep in Morocco and this was his response:

quote:

I've seen Ferraris and Lambos here..... so the Jeep doesn't exactly stand out
He is so ****ed and he doesn't even know it yet.
AggieChemist
AG

Now look here, little lady. Nobody enjoys seeing Dan Grec beheaded... buuuut, if you have to see Dan Grec beheaded... well, you might as well enjoy it.
EMY92
AG
quote:
Remind me, how did this guy get through Mexico again???
I believe that the trip across Central & South America was with his father. Clearly dad took care of everything.
NickNaylor
quote:

Now look here, little lady. Nobody enjoys seeing Dan Grec beheaded... buuuut, if you have to see Dan Grec beheaded... well, you might as well enjoy it.
I would enjoy seeing him beheaded.
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:

Wait, is that Clayton Williams?
AggieChemist
AG
That is noted astro-environmentalist and interplanetary animal rights activist Free Waterfall, Sr. Save your applause, as millions of fungal spores live on your hands. Just signal your approval with a mold-friendly thumbs up.
AnScAggie
AG
I cannot believe the amount of bs this guy spews.
Mathguy64
AG
Hi Dan!

I'm tired of your shtick. Frankly, you have outlived your usefulness, if you get my drift. Now stop avoiding your fate and hustle on down the road.
RM1993
AG
I'll give Dan props on one point - he makes me want to take the same trip.

Don't get me wrong, it is a stupid idea and I would surely die and even if I somehow survived I'd likely look back on it as the worst experience of my life, but at least I could show the putz how you are supposed to take that trip.

In short, his stupidity and navet piss me off to the point that id rather die attempting his journey the right way than follow his SS Minnow voyage online. Plus, he d I c ked around and missed my death pool day so now I really hate him.
BringJackieBack89
AG
Stay tuned!

RM1993 Death Pool coming soon!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
That is noted astro-environmentalist and interplanetary animal rights activist Free Waterfall, Sr. Save your applause, as millions of fungal spores live on your hands. Just signal your approval with a mold-friendly thumbs up.
Hold your thumbs until the end, please.
Post removed:
by user
Ag_of_08
AG
Kinda Pisses me off that it's only millenials that get labelled, and we're the bad guys.

You may not like WHAT I am, and I don't GAF. I did screw up and run up student loan debt on a mostly useless degree, and I admit that. I have been working every day in a job that far more mentally and physiological stressful than just about anything you can get into. I've also taken time out( and still would be if the as shoes hadn't booted me when I came out) to risk my life as a search/rescue/recovery diver ( 4 years active). I'm now scrimping, saving, and borrowing working towards a new commercial certification in a new industry to open my own business, despite the fact I'll get ****ed on insurance, and the previous generations bad decision have made starting companies a nightmare.

The only thing that pisses me off is that we all get lumped with numbnuts like that one! Some of us are still trying to live the American dream, despite several decades of liberal, and faux conservative, administrations making that nigh impossible.

Sorry rant over. I've spent the night teaching myself enough electrical theory and new soldering techniques, I'm not in the mood for the anti-industrious speach.
Presley OBannons Sword
Are you drunk?
Whitetail
AG
FrioAg 00
AG
Generalizing about millennials doesn't imply there aren't exceptions, at least not to me.

I know a ton of great young people that aren't aligned with this generation. And I darn sure hope I'm not lumped in with GenX and all the mistakes that group of dummies screwed up.
AggieChemist
AG
quote:
Kinda Pisses me off that it's only millenials that get labelled, and we're the bad guys.

You may not like WHAT I am, and I don't GAF. I did screw up and run up student loan debt on a mostly useless degree, and I admit that. I have been working every day in a job that far more mentally and physiological stressful than just about anything you can get into. I've also taken time out( and still would be if the as shoes hadn't booted me when I came out) to risk my life as a search/rescue/recovery diver ( 4 years active). I'm now scrimping, saving, and borrowing working towards a new commercial certification in a new industry to open my own business, despite the fact I'll get ****ed on insurance, and the previous generations bad decision have made starting companies a nightmare.

The only thing that pisses me off is that we all get lumped with numbnuts like that one! Some of us are still trying to live the American dream, despite several decades of liberal, and faux conservative, administrations making that nigh impossible.

Sorry rant over. I've spent the night teaching myself enough electrical theory and new soldering techniques, I'm not in the mood for the anti-industrious speach.
I thought you were a bad girl.
Oogway
Ag_of_08--there, there now. This, too, shall pass.
Many Millenials are the grandchildren of the Baby Boomers and they certainly faced enough condemnation during their time (and still do to an extent) as did the Gen Xers and all who follow. So put your head down and keep on working and you, too, will one day find yourself giving the younger generation a hard time.

Now then, I visit this thread every other week to check in: so, has he left Morrocco or is he still in an olive coma?
Ramrod
AG
quote:

I think you completely missed the point of toolshed's comment.

LETS NOT GET A GOOD THREAD OFF TRACK!
Post removed:
by user
Ag_of_08
AG
quote:

I thought you were a bad girl.

Lemme tell ya. My wild saturday night consisted of playing Kerbal Space Program on the PC , and fixing a lawnmower when it cooled off enough to not sweat myself into oblivion.

BlueMiles
AG
Perhaps start a different thread where that's more on topic?
Ag_of_08
AG
was replying to someone here, 'scuse me. This thread has been all over the place on topics, and it's clear cpt happy is going to sit in Morocco, play hide the sausage with some chick he lied about bringing along, and attention ***** a little longer.

But by all means, "is he dead yet?"
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
But by all means, "is he dead yet?"
Maybe one of the camels ate him?
nai06
AG
Ugh, on his Twitter he mentioned that bribery is a daily occurrence for him. No it's not. You appear to have money so people are going to ask you for spare change or charge you for helping you. That's not bribery. He probably paid some local kid to act as a guide to whichever medina he was shopping in, excuse me exploring, that day. I really didn't care at first, but now I see this guy is insufferable.

If he wants to talk about bribery, wait till he gets out of Morocco
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Someone needs to gif the scene from Star Wars "New Hope" where Han takes out Darth Vader's Tie fighter and has him going spinning off in to space, but instead of a tie fighter edit in Dan's Jeep and then caption it... "Welcome to Africa *****"
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
Ugh, on his Twitter he mentioned that bribery is a daily occurrence for him. No it's not. You appear to have money so people are going to ask you for spare change or charge you for helping you. That's not bribery. He probably paid some local kid to act as a guide to whichever medina he was shopping in, excuse me exploring, that day. I really didn't care at first, but now I see this guy is insufferable.

If he wants to talk about bribery, wait till he gets out of Morocco
He keeps having to bribe waiters and waitresses to bring him drinks and food at restaurants. Some of us call them tips.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG

quote:
You appear to have money so people are going to ask you for spare change or charge you for helping you.

This is part of what really kills me. In touristy areas of Morocco this is a completely common occurrence. These people will go away if you tell them to go away. And they'll stop bothering you if you can project just the slightest air of self respect and savvy. The second he is out of Moroccan-controlled territory, he is going to die. WS-Mauritania border. Actually, maybe the real question is whether AQIM kills him and takes his stuff or keeps him as a slave.
nai06
AG
quote:

quote:
You appear to have money so people are going to ask you for spare change or charge you for helping you.

This is part of what really kills me. In touristy areas of Morocco this is a completely common occurrence. These people will go away if you tell them to go away. And they'll stop bothering you if you can project just the slightest air of self respect and savvy. The second he is out of Moroccan-controlled territory, he is going to die. WS-Mauritania border. Actually, maybe the real question is whether AQIM kills him and takes his stuff or keeps him as a slave.
There's a sucker born every minute and they are great at spotting them in the medinas. Here's a tip Dan, next time someone hits you up for cash just say,"La, La, La." and keep on walking. It also works great when negotiating prices. Crap, I bet he pays full price for stuff too.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
quote:
Crap, I bet he pays full price for stuff too

I agree re suckers born every minute. But there is no way someone is dumb enough to pay quoted price in the souk for anything.
toolshed
AG
quote:
quote:

I think you completely missed the point of toolshed's comment.

LETS NOT GET A GOOD THREAD OFF TRACK!

Yes...a bit!!
techno-ag
AG
quote:

quote:

This is part of what really kills me. In touristy areas of Morocco this is a completely common occurrence.
Mexico, too.
RedlineAg08
So, wait.. Class of 08 are millenials?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.