Outdoors
Sponsored by

Some guy plans to travel Africa in modded Jeep

616,336 Views | 3120 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by HalifaxAg
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Right. They don't have any control, this guy seems like a yahoo, and if it ends horribly- which it very well could, then not only are you facing terrible publicity, but you may even have his family come at you for liability. Much less risk to let this dbag just do it on his own.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
They are so poor and they are so black.
Actually, they look Mexican.
nai06
AG
They are most likely berber. Dan if you're reading this, that's pretty ****ty of you. Are you on a voyeuristic poverty tour now?
BringJackieBack89
AG
quote:
quote:
Actually, they look Mexican.
Dan, are you sure you didn't take a wrong turn (damn GPS) and now find yourself in New Mexico?
cuz-i-can
AG
#giveupdan #stoptrollingOB #danchosethewrongroad
Zemira
AG
Dan if you are reading this you seem like a ******bag.

I don't give that title away lightly either. I can understand a hashtag or two, but 25 is excessive. Also taking the photo of children, posting it online, and then alerting the whole world they are poor is crappy.

That would be akin to someone posting on social media with your picture calling out your lameo trip so far. Most of our comments are contained to the thread with little interference with your social media postings.

I hope your postings improve as you haven't seen Africa yet and how truly poor some of those people are. I hope you check the chip on your shoulder soon, as you are traveling the continent on credit and hopefully will be humbled soon.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
They are most likely berber. Dan if you're reading this, that's pretty ****ty of you. You are on a voyeuristic poverty tour now?
For sure berber and not likely anywhere near as poor as some of the people he will encounter once he gets south of the sahara.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
NickNaylor
Which one of you stupid ****ing idiots told him to come to Texags?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jeep/comments/4y1uyl/my_rubicon_in_the_sahara_names_are_confusing/d6kzh1x
Presley OBannons Sword
quote:
quote:
They most likely have a higher net worth than Dan.

Would be worth many more stars than it's got if this were a higher trafficked board
aggiepublius
AG
Whoever told him better not be in the pool and trying to interact the test subject.
guyace
Did anyone else notice that he ignores question about Emily and he responded to all the other comments on that thread except that one?
nai06
AG
He should be fine until he hits Senegal. That's when things can get real
guyace
Also according to facebook and his last story on his website he has sold the jeep for 7 camels.

quote:
I also traded the Jeep for some local transportation.

Does that count as seven horsepower?
nai06
AG
Thats definitely Merzouga.
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
Also according to facebook and his last story on his website he has sold the jeep for 7 camels.

quote:
I also traded the Jeep for some local transportation.

Does that count as seven horsepower?

Wait so he and Emily have 5 more traveling partners now???
XpressAg09
AG
quote:
Which one of you stupid ****ing idiots told him to come to Texags?

Truce?

One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
quote:
https://instagr.am/p/BJISEtaDpO2

gag me. "look at how poor they are #itsajeepthing #travelphotography"

nothing wrong with the photo, but the copy/paste hashtags do not need to be on every single photo. his specific choice of hastags just makes it voyeuristic to me.

I have pictures of me with locals in Mali, but i didn't tell thousands of people "look at these poor people #redbullgivesyouwings" or some crap.

I think if he would have said "traveling off road has led me to experience new and interesting cultures #itsajeepthing" it wouldn't have rubbed me the wrong way.
This guy is a complete tool for posting crap like this. This is disgusting. What a arrogant *****. I just commented on his photo on Instagram. I recommend each of you do the same.
TexasAggie_02
AG
http://theroadchoseme.com/new-continent-same-tricks

our intrepid adventurer got pulled over for speeding

quote:
The other officer is sitting in the cruiser smoking a Marlboro Red, not doing much of anything. This must be the boss. Huge reflective aviators cover most of his red round cheeks. I'm disappointed when his cheshire grin reveals not a hint of gold.
wow.
BlueMiles
AG
What amazing eyesight to be able to identify the brand from so far away.
boogieman
AG
quote:
I must pay a fine, I'm told. Everything will be OK. Not to worry. Don't be afraid. No problem.
Only 600 Dirhams, about $60USD.
I must pay right now. Here. On the side of the road, to these two characters.
The obvious bribe.
With the most concerned look I can possibly muster I gravely nod, accepting my fate.
My voice trembles as I surprise myself with my acting abilities.
"I don't have any money".
"Can I pay with VISA?".
They both grin from ear to ear and the mood lightens up.
"You can go", says the boss. "Pay attention next time".
As I hop back in the Jeep it dawns on me I wasn't the only one playing the game.
He said that in perfect English.
-Dan
Buck Compton
AG
quote:

quote:
The other officer is sitting in the cruiser smoking a Marlboro Red, not doing much of anything. This must be the boss. Huge reflective aviators cover most of his red round cheeks. I'm disappointed when his cheshire grin reveals not a hint of gold.
wow.
This has gone from friendly mildly-joking poll to me actively hating the guy. Between that stupid comment and the kids picture, this dude is an arrogant ******* that needs that chip knocked off his shoulder.
BringJackieBack89
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:
wow.
This has gone from friendly mildly-joking poll to me actively hating the guy. Between that stupid comment and the kids picture, this dude is an arrogant ******* that needs that chip knocked off his shoulder.
Millennial mindset
Chazz03
AG
quote:
Actually, the police and military are some of the safest people I will encounter. They don't want me to get hurt, that will cause a headache for them. Besides, do you think they're actually going to physically hurt me for not paying a bribe?

-Dan
Centerpole90
AG
Remind me, how did this guy get through Mexico again???
JaneDoe02
AG
I know it's wrong and all, but I really just want to throat punch this guy.
End Of Message
AG
quote:
quote:
Actually, the police and military are some of the safest people I will encounter. They don't want me to get hurt, that will cause a headache for them. Besides, do you think they're actually going to physically hurt me for not paying a bribe?

-Dan

Dan, hurry to sub-Saharan Africa! The police are eagerly waiting to protect you!
Post removed:
by user
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Yall are falling for his trap!

What gets more views?

1. Nice guy on the adventure of a life time?
2. Pretentious ***** who everyone, maybe not publicly, wants to see roughed up some how.

It's the classic move of reality TV. Have a character on the show that the public hates and they will tune in every week hoping he gets booted off the show so they can then say man I hate that guy! You think women would watch the bachelorette every week if they were all nice Christian guys? NO WAY!

The more angry comments that are left the more viewers he gets. The more viewers he gets the more money he can make. STOP HELPING OUR FRIEND DAN. Just keep this thread going and quietly watch from a distance rather than attract him web traffic.
Kenneth_2003
AG
I get what you're saying, but I don't think he's going to be making any money on this one. Pretentious crap like he's pulled the last couple of days will likely annoy and dissuade potential sponsors and supporters.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Hey Dan, it's all fun and games until someone gets hacked to death with a machete.

Said with a cheshire grin.
Presley OBannons Sword
quote:
quote:
I must pay a fine, I'm told. Everything will be OK. Not to worry. Don't be afraid. No problem.
Only 600 Dirhams, about $60USD.
I must pay right now. Here. On the side of the road, to these two characters.
The obvious bribe.
With the most concerned look I can possibly muster I gravely nod, accepting my fate.
My voice trembles as I surprise myself with my acting abilities.
"I don't have any money".
"Can I pay with VISA?".
They both grin from ear to ear and the mood lightens up.
"You can go", says the boss. "Pay attention next time".
As I hop back in the Jeep it dawns on me I wasn't the only one playing the game.
He said that in perfect English.
-Dan

perfect gif. what an intolerable dbag. i bet he really thinks he can spin a good yarn. HE CANT.
Presley OBannons Sword
quote:
Yall are falling for his trap!

What gets more views?

1. Nice guy on the adventure of a life time?
2. Pretentious ***** who everyone, maybe not publicly, wants to see roughed up some how.

It's the classic move of reality TV. Have a character on the show that the public hates and they will tune in every week hoping he gets booted off the show so they can then say man I hate that guy! You think women would watch the bachelorette every week if they were all nice Christian guys? NO WAY!

The more angry comments that are left the more viewers he gets. The more viewers he gets the more money he can make. STOP HELPING OUR FRIEND DAN. Just keep this thread going and quietly watch from a distance rather than attract him web traffic.
i don't think he's doing it on purpose. i think he really does have that much of an exaggerated sense of self importance. that said, i don't click on his site anyways, i just look for updates on this thread.
texrover91
AG
quote:
quote:
They are most likely berber. Dan if you're reading this, that's pretty ****ty of you. You are on a voyeuristic poverty tour now?
For sure berber and not likely anywhere near as poor as some of the people he will encounter once he gets south of the sahara.

I googled "death in the Sahara"

Shocking

After he posted about leaving Morroco for the Sahara (entering western Sahara I presume) it made me think of the "Lady be Good" and "Fligh of the Phoenix".

Prompted me to do the Google - amazed at the you tube videos of human trafficking and death

All while our Dan #ing his grand adventure and lol poorz

Maybe he'll cross paths with a Nigerian trafficker one day.....
TexasAggies06
AG
quote:
I know it's wrong and all, but I really just want to throat punch this guy.
If this is wrong, I don't want to be right.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.