Outdoors
Sponsored by

Some guy plans to travel Africa in modded Jeep

622,047 Views | 3120 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by HalifaxAg
Tyrone_The_Tuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cmag
It's not too late to turn around and do Morocco again bub
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
Which one of you is @AggieLex?
Which one of you is Aaron Turner?
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
He sounds like a real a-hole
AggieChemist
AG
He says his range is 600 miles with his fuel reserves. Good thing the Sahara isn't very big.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
He says his range is 600 miles with his fuel reserves. Good thing the Sahara isn't very big.

In highway driving, maybe. He's going to have to stay on the interstate to get that kind of mileage. No stopping at Bucees, either.
Post removed:
by user
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
GinaLinetti
AG
Welcome brew
BuddysBud
AG
quote:
Welcome to the show Aggie Brewer....

By the way make sure you go to the link on the couple that cross the Congo. that was a great story.

Dan's not so much....

I completely agree that the Congo threat is a must. Be forewarned that you will need another day to get through it.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:
Welcome to the show Aggie Brewer....

By the way make sure you go to the link on the couple that cross the Congo. that was a great story.

Dan's not so much....

I completely agree that the Congo threat is a must. Be forewarned that you will need another day to get through it.

And then go watch Long Way Round. You'll need another few days for that.

And then go watch Long Way Down. You'll need a few more days for that one too.
BringJackieBack89
AG
The Congo story is a great read. Also, watch "The long way around". Another great adventure. Then adjust you thinking and lower the expectations for this boob's trip.
Post removed:
by user
GinaLinetti
AG
I'm good doll. Good to see ya on here
XpressAg09
AG
Oh boy. He just posted on Reddit and any replies posted there will go directly to his inbox.

Blow him up, fellas

I opted not to tell him about the death pool.
txaggie_08
AG
Shut up
nai06
AG
okay, so given the landscape he still looks to be in the eastern half of Morocco. The color of the sand is a dead giveaway to the Sahara in that part of the country. It looks like Erg Chebbi but flatter. Given where he has been I'm going to say this is an old pic from somewhere outside Errachidia. Maybe somewhere between Meski and Zouala. I don't think he went as far as Erfoud or Merzouga. Either way he has to head further west to get out of Morocco. He'll likely make his way to Agadir and head south towards Mauritania. FWIW, if he were in southern Morocco, it would look more like this.

nai06
AG
Also Dan if you're reading this, please post a sign on twitter if I guessed right on your location. I wish you the best in your journey, I just want to know if I'm right.
Zemira
AG
I don't do snakes, especially the poisonous variety.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
Venomous
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
Venomous
Blue star for you!
Whitetail
AG
quote:
Also Dan if you're reading this, please post a sign on twitter if I guessed right on your location. I wish you the best in your journey, I just want to know if I'm right.
. Include a newspaper with today's date. Thanks! / Texags
AZAG08
AG
quote:
quote:
Venomous
Blue star for you!
I was so proud of my wife yesterday. We were talking about snakes and she corrected herself during the conversation "poisonous....I mean venomous"
XpressAg09
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
it's pretty obvious from all the hashtagging that he is trying to build a large social media following so that he can take that to various outdoors-related corporations for endorsement money. That's the name of the game these days, how much "reach" you have.
Presley OBannons Sword
quote:
it's pretty obvious from all the hashtagging that he is trying to build a large social media following so that he can take that to various outdoors-related corporations for endorsement money. That's the name of the game these days, how much "reach" you have.
no doubt. his self promotion is one of his more annoying attributes, to go along with "stupid"

hi dan.
Whitetail
AG
His access and time spent on the Internet in Africa is amazing. He's updating his blog and Facebook page and responding frequently enough that if he is actually in Africa right now there might actually be a black mamba on his lap without knowing it.
Humorous Username
AG
quote:

This dude's hashtags make me angry.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Grown men pound signing....
ccard257
AG
some of yall need to chill on the twitting/reddit/etc. This is a marathon, boys. Subtlety is key at this stage.
Zemira
AG
25 hash tags
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BJISEtaDpO2

gag me. "look at how poor they are #itsajeepthing #travelphotography"

nothing wrong with the photo, but the copy/paste hashtags do not need to be on every single photo. his specific choice of hastags just makes it voyeuristic to me.

I have pictures of me with locals in Mali, but i didn't tell thousands of people "look at these poor people #redbullgivesyouwings" or some crap.

I think if he would have said "traveling off road has led me to experience new and interesting cultures #itsajeepthing" it wouldn't have rubbed me the wrong way.
cuz-i-can
AG
quote:
Why do I have a feeling that Jeep or Fiat Chrysler Automobiles wants nothing to do with Dan's failed journey?
DannyDuberstein
AG
They are so poor and they are so black.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
They are so poor and they are so black.
They most likely have a higher net worth than Dan.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.