Outdoors
Sponsored by

Some guy plans to travel Africa in modded Jeep

622,233 Views | 3120 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by HalifaxAg
Presley OBannons Sword
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
If someone hosts there own website, they could thrown in an image in a reply and see how many hits are from Morrocco. Might help the search teams.
this is why I love this site. I don't know how any of this works or what this even means, but you guys figure out the coolest *****
Presley OBannons Sword
quote:
The dude does have some brains, he brings Mamba bait Emily to check that road for ruts and traversability. Emily no come back, Road did not Choose him and he goes another direction.
sort of like the birds they used in WW1 to check for mustard gas?
Zemira
AG
Keep the snakes to the snake thread.
guyace
From what I can tell using the network data from the pictures he is uploading to his stories on his website with Firebug is that all of his pictures, for this trip, are being added from the Dallas area, while Emily's photos from their camping trip are being loaded to her site from Google in California. So he might be using a proxy services for all of his posting to the internet.

Can someone else confirm my findings?
Ag_of_08
AG
That's one bad little mother of an animal.
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
quote:
That's one bad little mother of an animal.
I saw one run across the road about 100 feet from our house. Glad to have some as neighbors, as our house lady told us she saw a big spitting cobra climbing over a neighbor's wall about two weeks ago.
Ag_of_08
AG
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
quote:
From what I can tell using the network data from the pictures he is uploading to his stories on his website with Firebug is that all of his pictures, for this trip, are being added from the Dallas area, while Emily's photos from their camping trip are being loaded to her site from Google in California. So he might be using a proxy services for all of his posting to the internet.

****ing Texags!!!!
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
quote:

You'll laugh. Sunday before last, after we got home from church, we took a nap, and I woke up, smelled smoke. I peeked out the window and could see flames up over the top of the 8" wall around our place, across the road. We learned they'd burned the grass because of snakes-probably ran them all over here.

Here's another video
AlaskanAg99
AG
quote:
He starved to death because he paralyzed himself eating something that all the guidebooks say is non-toxic. Maybe he was unprepared and naive...but the mistake that killed him came about because he ate something everybody agreed was safe to eat.

I was living in AK when he died. It was barely a news story. " Dumb kid from lower 48 thought the Alaska Widerness would be like camping. He starved to death, remains found later by hunters."

The one thing that killed him was stupidity, he was under prepared and going it alone in the Alaskan Bush is about the dumbest possible thing I can think of. He was unprepared to cross back on the river to get to the highway. He had no out in case he became sick or injured. Basic lack of understanding the depth of trouble he could get into quickly is what did him in.
Mathguy64
AG
What idiot volunteers to show you can run faster than a mamba? If you win, everyone goes "Yeah, whatever, it's a snake. Of course you can run faster than a snake." If you lose you die. The return on investment just isn't worth it.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
What idiot volunteers to show you can run faster than a mamba? If you win, everyone goes "Yeah, whatever, it's a snake. Of course you can run faster than a snake." If you lose you die. The return on investment just isn't worth it.
Probably the type of person that would build a petrol Jeep and take it to Africa to try to live on his credit cards while circling the continent in a vehicle with virtually no local support, parts or the right type of fuel.
Whitetail
AG
quote:
Probably the type of person that would build a petrol Jeep and take it to Africa to try to live on his credit cards while talking about circling the continent in a vehicle with virtually no local support, parts or the right type of fuel.
FIFY
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
quote:
And who strapped the GoPro to the black mamba?
FrioAg 00
AG
Since this is derailed into a Black Mamba thread (and out favorite DB isn't giving us anything worth refocusing on him)...

Could you just perform CPR on a victim until the venom is processed out of one's system?
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:

Hey nerds...

He's not even in Black Mamba zones yet... Unless you fools can prove otherwise by doing this!
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
quote:
quote:

Hey nerds...

He's not even in Black Mamba zones yet... Unless you fools can prove otherwise by doing this!
Don't make us send a mongoose to deal with you.
Bismarck
AG
quote:
quote:
And who strapped the GoPro to the black mamba?
It's actually on a mongoose.
BuddysBud
AG
quote:
Keep the snakes to the snake thread.
So you did not choose "death by snake" in the pool?
Presley OBannons Sword
quote:
quote:
He starved to death because he paralyzed himself eating something that all the guidebooks say is non-toxic. Maybe he was unprepared and naive...but the mistake that killed him came about because he ate something everybody agreed was safe to eat.

I was living in AK when he died. It was barely a news story. " Dumb kid from lower 48 thought the Alaska Widerness would be like camping. He starved to death, remains found later by hunters."

The one thing that killed him was stupidity, he was under prepared and going it alone in the Alaskan Bush is about the dumbest possible thing I can think of. He was unprepared to cross back on the river to get to the highway. He had no out in case he became sick or injured. Basic lack of understanding the depth of trouble he could get into quickly is what did him in.
Yes. 1000x this.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:
If someone hosts there own website, they could thrown in an image in a reply and see how many hits are from Morrocco. Might help the search teams.
this is why I love this site. I don't know how any of this works or what this even means, but you guys figure out the coolest *****
basically if he has analytics running on his website, he can see where people are coming from to his website, ie, Google, reddit, facebook, texags, etc. Assuming that he's tracking that sort of thing, he'll notice that he's getting a substantial amount of traffic from TexAgs, and has probably checked this thread out, since it would link him back to us.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

i would guess that he's using a VPN, or sending the files to someone else to post. Would be pretty stupid to log into his webpage from a public wifi in Africa unless he was using a VPN.
BringJackieBack89
AG
quote:
quote:

i would guess that he's using a VPN, or sending the files to someone else to post. Would be pretty stupid to log into his webpage from a public wifi in Africa unless he was using a VPN.
And so far he has proven to such a calculating and intelligent person...
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Mathguy64
AG
That jeep is pristine. Just like it came out of a car wash and rolled on the beach.
Presley OBannons Sword
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:

isn't the snorkel kinda worthless on a gas engine?
Naveronski
AG
quote:
quote:

isn't the snorkel kinda worthless on a gas engine?

Helps keep dust out of the intake.
Bismarck
AG
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Which one of you is @AggieLex?
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
There's a new brad praisley song in there somehow
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Pretty sure you can see the outline of Emilys head around the snorkel
Mr. McGibblets
AG
He said he is headed South! Don't know if that is South Morocco or he is actually headed out of Morocco.
Bitter Old Man
AG
quote:
He said he is headed South! Don't know if that is South Morocco or he is actually headed out of Morocco.
Or just facing it south while he camps so he doesn't get as much sun and can sleep later....
Mr. McGibblets
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.