Outdoors
Sponsored by

Some guy plans to travel Africa in modded Jeep

620,506 Views | 3120 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by HalifaxAg
Troy91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wait until he finds out where Hannibal's elephants came from. Clueless.
NotGibbs
According to Google maps, it takes 3 hours and 24 minutes to drive from Tangier to Volubilis. It's taken this clown 2 weeks...
Guitarsoup
AG
Let's not spoil the surprise, but when he gets to Egypt, he is going to see some **** that will blow his mind.
End Of Message
AG
quote:
Let's not spoil the surprise, but when he gets to Egypt, he is going to see some **** that will blow his mind.
txags92
AG
quote:
According to Google maps, it takes 3 hours and 24 minutes to drive from Tangier to Volubilis. It's taken this clown 2 weeks...

Well, in his defense he is driving a Jeep...
aggieforester05
AG
It's going to be a long long time before he reaches Egypt, IF he makes it that far.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
#TheRoadSlowsMe
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
It would be one thing if he said hey I want to travel the coast of Africa as tourist and see all the cool stuff but I want to attempt to drive myself. I don't think we would be giving him a hard time about that. But he positioned it as this balls to the wall grind it out 2 year journey and I think that's out the window. We also wouldn't be giving him a hard time if he was pushing it and stopped to see the big things or took a day or two off here and there.
ac04
my 2014 JKU with 13,1xx miles on it threw a check engine code on the way home today. based on a little research, it's most likely because i filled up with cheap gas at a racetrac instead of my usual chevron. this guy is so screwed.
JYDog90
AG
quote:
my 2014 JKU with 13,1xx miles on it threw a check engine code on the way home today. based on a little research, it's most likely because i filled up with cheap gas at a racetrac instead of my usual chevron. this guy is so screwed.

Nah, he'll be aiight. They don't have racetracs in Africa.
texags08
AG
quote:

Should have bought a TJ (or CJ)...
G. hirsutum Ag
AG

Homeboy is really pushing that thing to its limits in Junction, TX
Buck Compton
AG
He couldn't even take the typical jeep picture with one wheel up on one of those rocks??
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
He couldn't even take the typical jeep picture with one wheel up on one of those rocks??

Can't chance popping a tire
FrioAg 00
AG
Given his paths so far, he'd have been better off in a Prius
ursusguy
AG
As a wildlife biologist, yall would probably pretty pissed at me. The Atlas Mountains are one of the most interesting things in Africa to me. It helps they used to have their own lion and bears up until "decent" times. I could piddle around there for weeks......assuming I didn't have an internet presence that might make some folks want me to wear a orange jumpsuit.
TresPuertas
AG
After these past two weeks and the fact that he's only been to one country, I'm
fully convinced that he has absolutely no intention of leaving Morocco for any other African countries

This dude is scared out of his mind and appears to not want to leave "civilized" Africa
Matsui
AG
We all may need to adjust our timeline guess. He really isn't traveling much each day.
aggiepublius
AG
Well, most of us didn't note a year, so ...
AZAG08
AG
We agreed that this was not only a death pool but also a when the road no longer chooses him pool right?
CactusThomas
AG
I'm sticking with my July 17 prediction.

I'm not convinced that isis hasn't taken over his Twitter account. Y'all are getting trolled.
Caliber
AG
quote:
We all may need to adjust our timeline guess. He really isn't traveling much each day.
I'm still hopeful he only piddles around Morocco for August and then moves out. Still gives my Nov. 5th a really good chance. We knew based on his speed from London that he wasn't going to move with any haste.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
quote:
So I think I picked 9/18. At this current pace (surely it will slow down as he moves south), it looks like 5664 more days (in his time) to his predicted demise for me to be right. I don't have 15 years to wait.

And isn't it OUR time Mr. Hand?
Bitter Old Man
AG
quote:
"WE" can adjust our timeline as soon as he makes it past all the dates. I'm in January of 2017, so KMA....
Mr. McGibblets
AG
I said he lives so I like what I see!
cuz-i-can
AG
I haven't seen the daily obligatory question...is he dead yet?
texrover91
AG
quote:
After these past two weeks and the fact that he's only been to one country, I'm
fully convinced that he has absolutely no intention of leaving Morocco for any other African countries

This dude is scared out of his mind and appears to not want to leave "civilized" Africa

Time for the "I'm getting the **** out of Africa" pool yet, or the

"I blew my wad and threw a rod in Morocco" pool

Probably too early for #1 because he hasn't mentioned machetes

Or bribes

Or AKs

Or "um, what? You eat your enemies?"

ellebee
techno-ag
AG
The Road Chose Me ... to stay in Morocco.
Presley OBannons Sword
quote:
"I blew my wad and threw a rod in Morocco"
this should be a tshirt. or at least a bumper sticker.
EMY92
AG
It does appear that many to most of the participants in the "Death in Africa" pool missed or will soon miss the date of demise.

Here are the ones that are out already:

• Likeke98
  • GE
  • wessimo
  • CactusThomas
  • OverSeas AG
  • OE_Ag11
  • dlance
  • Seven
  • BringJackieBack89 is on the bubble as he picked today. Also, I assume that we are going on local time when the death occurs.

Here's the link if you forgot or want to see who is up next.
cuz-i-can
AG
quote:
It does appear that many to most of the participants in the "Death in Africa" pool missed or will soon miss the date of demise.

• Likeke98
  • GE
  • wessimo
  • CactusThomas
  • OverSeas AG
  • OE_Ag11
  • dlance
  • Seven
  • BringJackieBack89 is on the bubble as he picked today. Also, I assume that we are going on local time when the death occurs.

Y'all are such losers!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:

• Likeke98
  • GE
  • wessimo
  • CactusThomas
  • OverSeas AG
  • OE_Ag11
  • dlance
  • Seven

We need to get everyone that guessed a date to update their answer with a predicted cause of death. I realize that it is very dark, but the ones that are on there are also morbidly entertaining.
AZAG08
AG
quote:
quote:

• Likeke98
  • GE
  • wessimo
  • CactusThomas
  • OverSeas AG
  • OE_Ag11
  • dlance
  • Seven

Y'all are such losers!
What do you expect us to do all day...work? That's why were on here to begin with
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
We need to get everyone that guessed a date to update their answer with a predicted cause of death. I realize that it is very dark, but the ones that are on there are also morbidly entertaining.
accidentally drives right into a terrorist camp while chasing pokemon

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.