Outdoors
Sponsored by

Some guy plans to travel Africa in modded Jeep

613,434 Views | 3120 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by HalifaxAg
Mr. McGibblets
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In it to win it!!!
TexasAggie_02
AG
Guess who's back?

it's Emily, and she's officially his girlfriend. And he finally admits that she rode with him thru Morocco

http://theroadchoseme.com/timelines-and-teammates
AnScAggie
AG
Dammit, every time this post pops back up I am thinking he's been taken captive, has disappeared or is in some kind of trouble. Instead, this guy is going to die of a venereal disease before he encounters any real danger.
BQ_90
AG
I saw a dodge raider today and thought Dan upgraded his ride and was exploring Bryan
Bitter Old Man
AG
Is he dead yet?
ellebee
TexasAggie_02 said:

Guess who's back?

it's Emily, and she's officially his girlfriend. And he finally admits that she rode with him thru Morocco

http://theroadchoseme.com/timelines-and-teammates

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, he clearly states he would be doing the trip solo in his bio section. I couldn't remember for sure and started questioning if he actually said that so had to look. What a dip*****
BlueMiles
AG
And he posted this.

"During the Alaska to Argentina Expedition there were multiple times I had company in the Jeep. Some friends jumped aboard for a month each, multiple backpackers were in the Jeep for everything from an afternoon to a couple of months, and even my family flew down to Buenos Aires to explore the area.
I struggled a bit with loneliness on that expedition, and I was very adamant I would not set out alone again."

ellebee
Yep. The d-bag never intended to do the trip solo.
Hulla Baller
AG
This guy is a joke and a fraud.
TexasAggie_02
AG
I think for sponsors and followers, he thought a 'solo trip was more marketable. He number of new followers probably plateaued a long time ago, and now he isn't worried so much about hiding his traveling companions.
big ben
AG
Is he dead yet?
AggieChemist
AG
Does anyone care anymore?
The Fife
I checked the site out of boredom and it looks like he noped out of South Africa. What was supposed to be a long tour turned into only a quick cut through a corner.
ursusguy
AG
He was in Lethoso, so he didn't skip South Africa. Granted with his random timing, he might have been there 3 weeks ago. I see Bigfoot is back.
The Fife
ursusguy said:

He was in Lethoso, so he didn't skip South Africa. Granted with his random timing, he might have been there 3 weeks ago. I see Bigfoot is back.
That's true, but compared to his original track of following South Africa the long way he sure skipped a lot of it!
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
He's getting closer to Lundazi, but I bet he skips us and goes north through Malawi, along the lake.

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
AggieChemist said:

My bookie and my loan shark - in that order. If the money I borrowed from my loan shark to place a bet with my bookie for Dan to die on a specific date doesn't pay out, they're going to take my thumbs.
AnScAggie
AG
I honestly hate Dan
TexasAggie_02
AG
One-Eyed Fat Man said:

He's getting closer to Lundazi, but I bet he skips us and goes north through Malawi, along the lake.

You should reach out to him and invite him to stay with you. You would become a TexAgs legend.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

One-Eyed Fat Man said:

You should reach out to him and invite him to stay with you. You would become a TexAgs legend.

Especially if you give us an exact date and then murder him on it.
Burnsey
AG
'Africa drive death pool'. Omfg. Now that's funny! I'm going to guess his luck runs out in Sudan or Libya.
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
How about if I post a photo of me mooning him as he drives through Lundazi-could I still be a Texags legend?
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Looks like he's made it to the bottom

If Somalia doesn't get him Libya or Algeria will. Plus all that desert
MookieBlaylock
AG
Can't wait for the movie

aggiepublius
AG
For thos just joining us, make sure you don't miss the much better and amazingly epic story of one couple's overland trip through the Congo. Much better read than Dan's "adventure"

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/50799-Democratic-Republic-of-Congo-Lubumbashi-to-Kinshasa
bobbranco
AG
AggieChemist said:

Dan is worse than the Nigerian 419 scammers.
spud1910
AG
Seven said:

Looks like he's made it to the bottom

If Somalia doesn't get him Libya or Algeria will. Plus all that desert
I've been there before. Kinda makes you think.
AtlAg05
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

One-Eyed Fat Man said:

Only fair since half his views are from Texags.
putu
AG
If nothing else give him a Doss sticker for the bumper!
"Cal (9-3) vs. Texas A&M (9-3). On the list of rare sights in Southern California, a team running the option -- as the Aggies like to do with QB Stephen McGee -- ranks right up there with real breasts and 12 inches of snow." Stewart Mandel CNNSI
aggiepublius
AG
He is now shilling an ebook with his expertise.

https://expeditionportal.com/west-africa-overland-travel-myths-misconceptions-and-misnomers-2/
One-Eyed Fat Man
AG
If his map is accurate, it looks like he plans to take the Great East Road from Lilongwe, into Zambia, and then head north from Chipata. If so, he may come through Lundazi, creating the greatest event since Roger Federer was here a couple of weeks ago. On the other hand, he may be going north along the Luangwa River and visiting South Luangwa National Park.
ursusguy
Kenneth_2003
AG
You've gotta be an epic ****** when even the worst locals in the world won't even bother kidnapping, much less killing you
Oogway
I missed this when you posted; Fed was there? My youngest is a big fan.

I wonder how many people will read modded Jeep guy's book.
ellebee
Yelnick McWawa said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

One-Eyed Fat Man said:

Especially if you give us an exact date and then murder him on it.

Ooh yes like exactly July 23rd!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.