Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Texas Monthly 2021 Top 50 BBQ Joints

497,905 Views | 3303 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Jock 07
tsuag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Truth in Houston today again.

I brought along my boss from Alabama since he never gets good BBQ over there.

It was absolutely lights out across the board. He's already thinking about when we will come back again.

Aggie09Derek
AG
Nice to have the boss in town to pick up the tab too
tsuag10
AG
You bet!
htxag09
AG
But I'm definitely getting the 3 meat plate if the boss is buying….
AggieFabricator
I had to venture into Houston today to pick up from the powder coater, didn't snag a pic but everything was spot on per usual. That's a great looking platter. Snagged a jar of pickles and onions for the house too.
Aggie09Derek
AG
What powder coating company?
AggieFabricator
Houston Powder Coaters
Big Al 1992
AG
1775 was fantastic yesterday and not too crowded.
agcrock2005
AG
I mentioned it in my Panther City post that the owner was talking about briskets getting smaller due to the drought. Looks like our favorite places aren't going to be getting cheaper anytime soon either. Life is getting crazy!

Beef prices set to surge further as farmers sell off cattle herds
Aggie09Derek
AG
Once places raise their prices (rightfully so), do they ever come back down?

Can't remember seeing that anywhere.
AggieFabricator
I'd imagine they will eventually. I would not blame them for keeping them high even after the prices start to drop, they deserve recoup some of their losses. I have several customers who have been breaking even or even taking a slight loss on brisket for over a year. Imagine being in business and you weren't making profit on your highest selling product. That's tough. I feel terrible for any restaurant owner right now, they're getting hammered.

It's definitely starting to affect my business as well, I've focused strictly on the restaurant guys since I started, I'm now developing some products for the backyard/competition guys to help make up for what the restaurants aren't buying right now.

Folks who get offended about the price of BBQ really should do some research on what these guys are going through just to remain open.
Beef Cheek
AG
Looks like our friends at Stiles Switch are helping out Coach Price with the recruiting efforts this weekend.
AggieFabricator
That's badass. Hate to be paying that feed bill.
RED AG 98
AG
Incredible plates at L&L today with my boy. He's off to fish camp in the morning. Beef cheek, brisket and hash were amazing. It was too damn hot for me to really enjoy the kimchi but what I ate was good.
Beef Cheek
AG
Blanco Jimenez
AG
Cattle prices drop and beef prices surge.
BurnetAggie99
Blanco Jimenez said:

Cattle prices drop and beef prices surge.
A lot of people selling off alot of their cattle do to inflation, feed cost, drought.
rjones2688

Nice tray the weekend before this past one at Goldees.

Instagram : rickysjones
Beef Cheek
AG
Beautiful tray!

Did you get to see MadScientist (Jeremy)??
rjones2688
I did.

He was really cool and down to earth. Everybody kept going up to him to ask questions.

He congratulated me on being first in line. He said he couldn't wake up that early.

chuds was there as well
ChipFTAC01
AG
Going to Truth for the first time tomorrow. First time having a+++ bbq in seemingly forever. Anything that's a must have?
BurnetAggie99
ChipFTAC01 said:

Going to Truth for the first time tomorrow. First time having a+++ bbq in seemingly forever. Anything that's a must have?
Cajun burnt ends boudin, Brisket, Sausage, Beef Ribs
schmendeler
AG
I remember a tater tot casserole that was money
htxag09
AG
schmendeler said:

I remember a tater tot casserole that was money

Corn pudding over the tator tot casserole, for sure
CowtownAg06
AG
Agree, but do both if can. Brisket moist.
TxAger
I don't get the Truth hype. It's just blah at best. The brisket tasted like they just threw some unseasoned meat into a pot of boiling water for 15 minutes. Blehhh. I tried it a few weeks after they opened so maybe they have stepped up their game.
JCRiley09
AG
Vehemently disagree

troll?
htxag09
AG
JCRiley09 said:

Vehemently disagree

troll?

For real. I won't argue with anyone who doesn't want to wait in line for it. But blah? Boiled brisket? Lol
AggieFabricator
TxAger said:

I don't get the Truth hype. It's just blah at best. The brisket tasted like they just threw some unseasoned meat into a pot of boiling water for 15 minutes. Blehhh. I tried it a few weeks after they opened so maybe they have stepped up their game.

Bad Take. The end.
schmendeler
AG
TxAger said:

Boiling meat for 15 minutes would result in something the complete opposite of the brisket at Truth when I had it. It was almost faultingly tender.
NColoradoAG
TxAger said:

I bet you eat at Dickeys three times a week.
MAROON
AG
had Roegel's on voss today for lunch - brisket, pork ribs and greens. Everything was on point. They do a very peppery spice on their ribs which I liked. Will return.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
JCRiley09
AG
Is Daynes open at the Camp Bowie location?
AggieFabricator
I believe they're trailer is open in front of or on the side of their new location.
JCRiley09
AG
Awesome. Thanks

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.