Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Texas Monthly 2021 Top 50 BBQ Joints

428,784 Views | 3098 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Bulldog73
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cena05 said:

Dozier's meat market in Fulshear is closing, bummer.
Where do you see that? Their social media is active as of two days ago and doesn't mention it.
TXAG 05
AG
Saw a post about it this morning.
agcrock2005
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Iconic Fulshear barbecue favorite will soon shutter after 67 years
ChipFTAC01
AG
Probably dirt is getting too valuable.
BQRyno
AG
agcrock2005 said:

TXAG 05 said:

Boo to this
tsuag10
AG
Roegels BBQ on Voss for lunch today.

I know I sound like a broken record with this, but their pork belly is one of my favorite bites in all of BBQ. Right up there for me with L&L beef cheeks. Fatty, peppery, tender excellence.

Brisket was great, but just a touch dry. Well rendered fat and good bark. I'm just more of a point guy and they gave me flat.

Beans and Mac were both good.

Hwy30East
I've been to the one on I10 a couple of times, and I agree on the pork belly!
mustang1234
agcrock2005 said:

TXAG 05 said:

Dozier family sold it years ago
maca1028
Beef Cheek, how have the Friday crowds been at the new location? Do y'all typically sell out pretty quick? We're driving through Austin around noon Friday and was planning on stopping by.
aggietony2010
AG
That pork belly is fantastic. It outshines their brisket, which has been pretty solid (but not the best of the best) every time I've been there.

And my almost 2 year old devoured the Mac and cheese when we went. I put it in front of him and gave him a fork...when I saw how much was gone from the cup, I assumed he had just spilled a bunch as toddlers do. He had dropped just a single noodle, and had polished off most of it himself, leaving me and my older son to share the second serving of it we had. It's good stuff.
Beef Cheek
AG
maca1028 said:

Beef Cheek, how have the Friday crowds been at the new location? Do y'all typically sell out pretty quick? We're driving through Austin around noon Friday and was planning on stopping by.

The line for Friday is probably one hour or so long around lunch time, the beef cheeks are the special that day and we have them available until late in afternoon (4-5ish)

We also have "any time eats" menu available to order from the bar, so you can skip the wait if you're looking for a burger, bbq sandwich, onion rings etc
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Beef Cheek said:

maca1028 said:

The line for Friday is probably one hour or so long around lunch time, the beef cheeks are the special that day and we have them available until late in afternoon (4-5ish)

We also have "any time eats" menu available to order from the bar, so you can skip the wait if you're looking for a burger, bbq sandwich, onion rings etc

This is not a knock on their bbq, but the burger and rings are more than worthy of a visit.
maca1028
Perfect, thanks!
TXAG 05
AG
Pinkertons is opening another location in the old 59 Diner at Shepherd and 59.
IronRed13
AG
Good day at Goldee's. Drive from Houston, got in about 1030 and ~150 in line. Nothing was out at when we hit the front line at 1230. Everything was great, some of the best ribs Ive had, very tender brisket, fantastic grits.
JonSnow
Had lunch at Pecan Lodge today. Mediocre at best. I was disappointed.
agcrock2005
AG
JonSnow said:

Had lunch at Pecan Lodge today. Mediocre at best. I was disappointed.
Haven't been in several years, but have heard it went downhill. The couple times I went (not long after new building) it wasn't any good. Always had a line though. Seems like he monetized that top 5 ranking a while back and is doing well for himself though.
TXAG 05
AG
Pit Room's 2nd location opens on Monday
Bulldog73
AG
Headed to the OG Truth in the next week. Looking forward to it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.