Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Texas Monthly 2021 Top 50 BBQ Joints

432,967 Views | 3126 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by DatTallArchitect
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You got number 1 and then ordered a sandwich?
schmendeler
AG
And a rib and some potato salad and cobbler. Corkscrew is like 15-20 from my house so i go semi-regularly. This is the sweet spot order for me.
Jock 07
AG
Discovered some folks from Cypress cookin BBQ here in the springs today. Pretty solid.

Jock 07
AG
DDP
Bulldog73
AG
I'm looking at supper in Austin tonight. What are the odds L&L still has some beef products left? Any other good shots to look at?
Peter Klaven
AG
Minor derail, haven't seen that IPA before was it any good?!
Bulldog73
AG
Sip of Sunshine is definitely a solid one. I've never seen it in Texas, but it's well thought of.
BurnetAggie99
Being this late your best bet likely Stiles Switch off Lamar
Jock 07
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Sip of Sunshine is definitely a solid one. I've never seen it in Texas, but it's well thought of.

Yup it's pretty solid. Found it at the applejacks in the springs. Out of Vermont.
jja79
AG
Show the whole order man. I've been following Will since the trailer on Budde. Have you tried the stuffed potato salad? Money.
agfan2013
AG

Burnt Bean again on Friday, and like always, it was phenomenal. Kept it pretty simple with just brisket and ribs, not pictured was street corn and beans for a side. I really want to make it in on a weekend when they're doing the brunch and other specialty stuff.
tsuag10
AG
Their ribs are probably top 3 ribs I've ever had.
CDub06
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Sorry...you've been off your game for a few years with the kids it seems. That is not the quality of bbq you were posting about a few years ago!
It was actually surprisingly good. Especially for the area.

Three things have done me in:
  • The kid limiting my spare time, weekend trips, and extra night stopovers.
  • Most of my work moving out of state, so I'm travelling Texas less. (This month is an exception)
  • Getting older? Eating a pound of meat and sodium hits my body a lot harder now... I've not done a double stop in a couple of years...
BohunkAg
AG
Was at Helberg today. The smoked brisket boudin he does on Monday has gotten better and better. I really like it.
gigemJTH12
AG
agfan2013 said:

Burnt Bean again on Friday, and like always, it was phenomenal. Kept it pretty simple with just brisket and ribs, not pictured was street corn and beans for a side. I really want to make it in on a weekend when they're doing the brunch and other specialty stuff.
those ribs....OMG
cypress-ag
AG
Jock 07 said:

Discovered some folks from Cypress cookin BBQ here in the springs today. Pretty solid.

Where in Cypress, that looks solid!
txag2008
AG

Quote:

I'll translate. "A cook from Cypress prepared some tasty BBQ in Colorado Springs."
AgsWin2011
AG
Got to try out Roy Hutchins BBQ in the Roanoke/Trophy Club area today. Overall I thought it was just ok. The pork ribs were pretty stellar, but the brisket had a weird taste to me, like it was bitter or something. Sides were good and the free cobbler/banana pudding were a nice touch.
agcrock2005
AG
Awesome pics!
AgsWin2011
AG
I know, rookie mistake.
Schall 02
AG
Where in said Springs?
tsuag10
AG
What's the name of the place? I'll be in Colorado Springs this weekend for our family vacation.
Jock 07
AG
txag2008 said:

Quote:

I'll translate. "A cook from Cypress prepared some tasty BBQ in Colorado Springs."

Ha yea I guess I could've been a bit clearer in my post.
Jock 07
AG
Schall 02 said:

Where in said Springs?

Off Omaha just north of Peterson SFB a little bit. Lunch could get dangerous.

Called chuckwagon 719. Buddy of mine turned me onto it after I moved back here earlier this month. Apparently they just started within the past month or so. Wouldn't be surprised to see their popularity and lines continue to grow.
Jock 07
AG
Also last week they had mentioned doing beef ribs this week iirc.
Jock 07
AG
I'm in Georgetown at my in-laws right now and they just opened a new HEB with one of those BBQ places attached. I know it's obviously not gonna be top 50 but anyone have any experience with their BBQ restaurants? Is it serviceable at least and worth going in to get a fix in a hurry without having to deal with lines or sellouts, or is it basically dickeys and the like?
schmendeler
AG
Bbq snob from Texas monthly says it's decent. Haven't been myself.
wadd96
AG
He actually amended that in last month's publications and said that it has started to slip as they have rapidly expanded.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
schmendeler
AG
Yeah. Prior he called it "the best chain barbecue in Texas". I figure he'd be good with "decent" now based on his update.
DaveHimself
AG
The one in Frisco is solid (based on going in with the expectations you listed) and consistent.
wadd96
AG
Considering the competition is Rudy's, Bill Miller's and Dickies .. that's like saying they are the tallest midget in the room.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
CenTexSmoke
He keeps visiting them and posting about them, it's not great BBQ, barely even good from what I've had. Outside of the turkey. I'm sure there's not any sponsorship dollars or pay to play going on there…
BohunkAg
AG
We were on the way to the Rangers/Astros game yesterday and stopped at the Hard 8 location in Burleson. I wasn't that impressed. It was serviceable for a meal with the kids. Was crowded. But the sides sucked and the meat was just middle of the road.
JCRiley09
AG
I'd rather eat elsewhere than have bad bbq. Check out Babe's Chicken next time
JCRiley09
AG
There's also a great bbq spot called 225 BBQ in Arlington. Get all the bbq tacos

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.