***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

299,393 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by petebaker
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

can we please STFU about the Texans and Cowboys. If that is the best **** talking you can do on a BASEBALL board please excuse yourself.
Are you going to flag our posts so staff can put another lamewad warning on the OP?
Frok
AG
fc2112 said:

Trash talk from a Rangers realtor.

Our rivalry is kind of lame.
South Platte
adamhdonnell said:

LeagueCityAg said:

jkag89 said:

You do realize he was only pointing out that the Cowboys have been essentially as crappy as the Texans during the period in which that franchise has been in existence, don't you? If you are a Cowboy fan that should anger you that once a lauded franchise has fallen.
If anything it makes the Texans look worse. Even during the Cowboys drought, the Texans still find a way to be an even bigger joke. The NFL in Houston is a legacy of failure.

2 franchises, 0 Super Bowls, 0 Conference Championships.

They had a big lead in a championship game once. Does that count?
When was this?
Legal Custodian
AG
South Platte said:

adamhdonnell said:

LeagueCityAg said:

jkag89 said:

You do realize he was only pointing out that the Cowboys have been essentially as crappy as the Texans during the period in which that franchise has been in existence, don't you? If you are a Cowboy fan that should anger you that once a lauded franchise has fallen.
If anything it makes the Texans look worse. Even during the Cowboys drought, the Texans still find a way to be an even bigger joke. The NFL in Houston is a legacy of failure.

2 franchises, 0 Super Bowls, 0 Conference Championships.

They had a big lead in a championship game once. Does that count?
When was this?

I'm assuming it's a reference to the Oilers epic collapse?
South Platte
That was a wild card game. Their loss to KC a few years ago was in the Divisional round. Texans have never played in an AFC title game. The Oilers hadn't since the 70's.
FunkyTownAg
AG
Seagar giving the lowly asstros a shout out in his speech with a kill shot
_lefraud_
AG
"I guess we'll never know..."
DeangeloVickers
AG
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Roger Kint
tjack16
AG
I don't think the Astros mentioned the Rangers at all in either of our World Series parades. I'll have to go and check though
DeangeloVickers
AG
tjack16 said:

I don't think the Astros mentioned the Rangers at all in either of our World Series parades. I'll have to go and check though
tjack16
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

tjack16 said:

I mean y'all won this season. Congrats. Not much else to say on that front.

Last year we had the "we want Houston" to throw back in people's face. This year yall had the "guess we'll never know". Enjoy the championship, and let's see how 2024 goes
jakeaggie84
AG
Frok said:

fc2112 said:

Cool, but I want to see this updated when Garcia gets popped for PEDs
LeagueCityAg
AG
jakeaggie84 said:

Frok said:

fc2112 said:

Gotta love when the cheaters start accusing other teams of cheating. Sore ****ing losers LMAO
agent-maroon
AG
Most people get over the "but, but, but he did it too" defense by the time they're in middle school. But not these guys.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DeangeloVickers
AG
And Seager was on the Dodgers team that the Astros cheated their way to a title.

He who laughs last, laughs best
The Porkchop Express
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

jakeaggie84 said:

Frok said:

fc2112 said:

Gotta love when the cheaters start accusing other teams of cheating. Sore ****ing losers LMAO

It does seem ironic, doesn't it?

jkag89
Seager was just happy to get his first "legitimate" ring.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Meanwhile, Asstros fans still celebrate Altuve and Bregman like they did nothing wrong.

Such a poverty ass fanbase. Sorry the Rangers owned y'all in the only sport Houston is relevant in.
jkag89
I'll also add, it is well documented that Carlos Beltran brought to the table the whole idea of trying to gain an advantage by stealing the oppositions signs to Astros players. Which team did Beltran play for in 2016? Hmmm, let me think.
LeagueCityAg
AG
South Platte
Cool, we can post pics too.

zgolfz85
AG
pretty sure Gattis admitted to PED use during the 2017 title* run. That was WELL after the era where everyone was shooting up.
jkag89
Quote:

Delusional LMAO! Whatever helps you sleep at night!
LeagueCityAg
LeagueCityAg
LeagueCityAg
AG
Completely misread your post, carry on.
jkag89
I had a several points I was trying to convey with that post.. I'll just say I don't think the Rangers used any unsportsmanlike methods of obtaining signs in 2016, on the other hand I'm not convinced about the other team Beltran played for that season and the two seasons prior to that.
tjack16
AG
See the 2017 stuff would really be good trash talk if that was the only year we've had success. But see the reason us Astros fans don't care about what yall say about 2017 is that since that season… we've been to 6 straight ALCS, won 3 pennants and a title.

If 2017 happened and then we sucked after that then it would hit a little harder.

Our run of success in spite of 2017 is why we defend our team so much. It would be really hard to defend if let's say we were like the Nationals, won our title and then sucked the following 4 years.
jakeaggie84
AG
tjack16 said:

See the 2017 stuff would really be good trash talk if that was the only year we've had success. But see the reason us Astros fans don't care about what yall say about 2017 is that since that season… we've been to 6 straight ALCS, won 3 pennants and a title.

If 2017 happened and then we sucked after that then it would hit a little harder.

Our run of success in spite of 2017 is why we defend our team so much. It would be really hard to defend if let's say we were like the Nationals, won our title and then sucked the following 4 years.

Yep. Yankees got caught cheating and sucked after, same with Red Sox, same with dodgers, and I'm sure that if Beltran was with the rangers the year before the Astros, they probably did as well.
agent-maroon
AG
So you cheated your way into your first WSC, but you didn't suck afterwards like some other known cheaters? And you're bragging about it?

Lmao y'all must be so proud
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LeagueCityAg
AG
agent-maroon said:

So you cheated your way into your first WSC, but you didn't suck afterwards like some other known cheaters? And you're bragging about it?

Lmao y'all must be so proud
They have to find something to be proud of I guess. Houston is a joke of a sports city.
CuriousAg
Love the back and forth photos of known juicers

And Bregman got beach slapped today. Seeing that it was from Seager, the quietist and most professional player in the game makes it even better.

Oh and HTX smells.
FriscoKid
AG
tjack16 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

tjack16 said:

I mean y'all won this season. Congrats. Not much else to say on that front.

Last year we had the "we want Houston" to throw back in people's face. This year yall had the "guess we'll never know". Enjoy the championship, and let's see how 2024 goes

It takes a lot of effort to keep talking smack and peacocking around before the street crews have even removed all the confetti from the streets.

Well done.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.