***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

295,721 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by petebaker
JWinTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fellow Texans, eff the libs in the East Coast and West Coast that think baseball belongs to them.

Our great state owns the MLB. Yes, its not trash talk between each other, but its effing trash talk to all the lesser states.
Wabs
AG
TexasAggiesWin said:

Just ordered a Rangers WS Champions flag from Academy. Will hopefully get the opportunity this evening to get to a store to find a few pennants and other 'necessities'
Congrats Rangers fans! What a time for you guys. Enjoy every minute of it! Be advised, sometimes it will take a LONG time to receive championship gear when you order online. Better to make it to a store and get it if you can stand the long lines.
Grapesoda2525
Question for Astro fans who have been to 7 ALCS and 4 World Series.

Did you guys ever have to listen to an announcer throughout your whole playoff journey who not only hated your team, but actually sighed when you got close to winning the championship?

**** John Smoltz and thanks for the merchandise advice.
LeagueCityAg
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

LeagueCityAg said:

FriscoKid said:

bearkatag15 said:

NFL trash talk when you just won the World Series? Only Arlington fans...

I like the effort. It's cute that you want to flex your **** while we are literally celebrating. Good job.
He's just sad that the worst sports franchise in the state is from Houston.
The Cowboys are moving to Houston?
Ugh
Imagine trying to argue that the Texans are a better franchise than the Cowboys. Even with the Cowboys disappointments, the Texans haven't come close to any success. Just Houston things I guess.

0 Super Bowls, 0 conference championships.
Wabs
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Did you guys ever have to listen to an announcer throughout your whole playoff journey who not only hated your team, but actually sighed when you got close to winning the championship?

We thought every announcer was against us, especially during their love affair with Juan Soto (the eternal 19 year old).
Grapesoda2525
Wabs said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

We thought every announcer was against us, especially during their love affair with Juan Soto (the eternal 19 year old).
Smoltz while we were pitching " diamondbacks need to break through here"

Smoltz while we were batting " so and so pitcher is amazing and will shut these guys down"
tjack16
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Yes to the first part. The 2019 World Series all we heard about was how amazing Juan Soto was. They LOVED the nationals. Also the 2021 ALCS it felt like they were rooting for the Red Sox over us. The way they called homeruns for the Red Sox were as if they were all WS walk offs. Then for us it was like a regular June game

And I will agree the announcers always seemed to be going for the orioles or DBacks against yall. It was weird because IMO, you guys had a compelling story too. Not until the end did it seem like Fox was okay with a rangers win.
tjack16
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

LeagueCityAg said:

FriscoKid said:

bearkatag15 said:

I like the effort. It's cute that you want to flex your **** while we are literally celebrating. Good job.
Ugh
Imagine trying to argue that the Texans are a better franchise than the Cowboys. Even with the Cowboys disappointments, the Texans haven't come close to any success. Just Houston things I guess.

Since the Texans were established in 2002, both franchises have been remarkably mediocre and disappointing.

NFL in Texas has been rough going this century
South Platte
LeagueCityAg said:

LeagueCityAg said:

FriscoKid said:

bearkatag15 said:

Ugh

1 crappy stadium they won't tear down.
1 crappy stadium that was outdated the day they completed it.
Out in Left Field
AG
tjack16 said:

Congrats rangers fans

Just remember as you're celebrating that you got onto/made fun of us Astros fans for a few things.

1. Bringing up our 2022 title in the 2023 trash talk thread
2. Buying and wearing our WS merchandise everywhere
3. Going to replica ring nights

Now that you guys will have replica ring night and merchandise I'm going to assume you won't be enjoying any of those? Since you made fun of us for it.

Also I look forward to y'all not bringing up the 2023 season once April starts since according to yall "its in the past, only sips bring up past titles"

I'm ready to be so obnoxious next year!
cupofjoe04
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

I think probably every fan base feels this way. I've heard it from everyone, across all sports. "The media hates us, and the refs too. *insert rival's name* always gets the calls and all the love in the media/polls*

Don't get worked up about it. Everyone hears things that way, whether they are or not.

I know people in Phoenix who are complaining about how all the media talked about was the Rangers drought, and all the ridiculous records they were setting.
Frok
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Every announcer and fanbase was against our team. It didn't seem, it was true.

PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Grapesoda2525 said:

Yes. Joe Buck
Panama Red
AG
Congrats Ranger fans!

Very fun team to watch, and that pitching really showed out in October.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Can't believe the Rangers did it.

With the drama from our division race and ALCS series, plus the rosters both teams are bringing back, I have a feeling there is going to some wild games between these teams next year
SECcess12
JWinTX said:

Fellow Texans, eff the libs in the East Coast and West Coast that think baseball belongs to them.

Our great state owns the MLB. Yes, its not trash talk between each other, but its effing trash talk to all the lesser states.
I actually like this approach. Over the years, I believe a lot of us Astros fans have hated the media on both coasts. Very entitled. It was very enjoyable to beat Dodgers, Red Sox, Yankees, Yankees, Yankees, Phillies, etc. I have a lot of respect for baseball fans and their teams in general, but the media and MLB have made certain aspects less enjoyable.

3B Paul 97
AG
Rangers fans should enjoy this one as there is no guarantee going forward. Many teams win one and drop back down to Earth. Only a few can sustain the dominance the Astros have displayed.
Wabs
AG
fc2112
3B Paul 97 said:

Rangers fans should enjoy this one as there is no guarantee going forward. Many teams win one and drop back down to Earth. Only a few can sustain the dominance the Astros have displayed.
Nah, y'all have only won one legitimate title too.
Wabs
AG
fc2112 said:

3B Paul 97 said:

FunkyTownAg
AG
This team is not going anywhere. What the stros have done over the past few years is pretty good but objectively speaking the Rangers future looks much brighter than the stros
tjack16
AG
Out in Left Field said:

tjack16 said:

Congrats rangers fans

Just remember as you're celebrating that you got onto/made fun of us Astros fans for a few things.

Now that you guys will have replica ring night and merchandise I'm going to assume you won't be enjoying any of those? Since you made fun of us for it.

Also I look forward to y'all not bringing up the 2023 season once April starts since according to yall "its in the past, only sips bring up past titles"

Yall should be! I just hated this whole season when rangers fans would make fun of us for being just as excited about our 2022 title.

Now that you have one, you see why we were so excited
Grapesoda2525
tjack16 said:

Out in Left Field said:

tjack16 said:

Congrats rangers fans

Yall should be! I just hated this whole season when rangers fans would make fun of us for being just as excited about our 2022 title.

Now that you have one, you see why we were so excited
I'm just glad fan bases of other teams can't say we don't have a championship anymore. Not just aimed at Astro fans, but Yankee fans, Red Sox fans, and dodger fans too.
Wabs
AG
FunkyTownAg said:

This team is not going anywhere. What the stros have done over the past few years is pretty good but objectively speaking the Rangers future looks much brighter than the stros
I suppose you're talking about looking brighter as of today compared to the Stros today, and not looking brighter than it did after the Stros won it all in 2017. We'll have to see if your bright future includes 6 straight more ALCSs and another championship.
Grapesoda2525
fc2112 said:

3B Paul 97 said:

Astros are still the big dog because of their extensive pedigree, but if we beat them in the playoffs again or get one more World Series I'd say it's even.

Silver boots don't really move the needle too much.
tjack16
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

fc2112 said:

3B Paul 97 said:

Astros are still the big dog because of their extensive pedigree, but if we beat them in the playoffs again or get one more World Series I'd say it's even.

I think we see another Astros/Rangers playoff series next year. My guess is ALDS and the winner plays Baltimore for the pennant
Mr Gigem
AG
tjack16 said:

Congrats rangers fans

Can't wait to get my real ring
Grapesoda2525
tjack16 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

fc2112 said:

3B Paul 97 said:

I think we see another Astros/Rangers playoff series next year. My guess is ALDS and the winner plays Baltimore for the pennant
AL central will probably be dog poop again. It will probably be lots more AL East vs. AL west then maybe another divisional fight in the ALCS.
tjack16
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

tjack16 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

fc2112 said:

3B Paul 97 said:

AL central will probably be dog poop again. It will probably be lots more AL East vs. AL west then maybe another divisional fight in the ALCS.

I'm thinking y'all win the division and we are the wild card. So however it shakes out I do see another collision course.

I have Texas going 95-67 and the Astros 93-69.
tjack16
AG
That's awesome man! Post a picture of it when you get it!
Grapesoda2525
tjack16 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

tjack16 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

fc2112 said:

3B Paul 97 said:

I'm thinking y'all win the division and we are the wild card. So however it shakes out I do see another collision course.

I have Texas going 95-67 and the Astros 93-69.
Yeah whoever loses the AL West gets to hang out and eat Twinkies for 2-3 days.
fc2112
Mr Gigem said:

tjack16 said:

Congrats rangers fans

Can't wait to get my real ring
You earned it - selling tickets to crappy baseball for years to suckers like me.

Let's just make sure it never ends up on Pawn Stars someday.

Grapesoda2525
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
k
tjack16
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Y'all did it the smart way. Anybody who says "bought" is dumb. Mixing homegrown prospects with smart signings is key. We did that in 2017 + Verlander trade.

How we did it and how yall did it sets up a window of about 4-8 years of really good while having those young guys under team control.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.