***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

295,709 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by petebaker
FriscoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
512Ag said:

Congrats, Rangers fans. Getting that first ring is a great feeling. What a special October for your boys.

Half as many as Houston.
Terminus Est

jkag89
rgag12 said:

Wow this champion thing is easy
Only took the franchise 60+ seasons to win the first one.

But seriously congrats.
tjack16
AG
Updated.

Astros: 2 WS titles, 5 Pennants
Rangers: 1 WS Title, 3 Pennants

The American League officially runs through I -45 with the Astros and Rangers combining to win 5 of the last 7 pennants

The 2024 trash talk thread will be crazy

jkag89
The 2017 Astros Thread Championship post were a lot more interesting than what is on the Rangers thread so far. Or maybe STAFF is just more on the ball.
Grapesoda2525
Just stopping by to ask Astro fans if it's ok to celebrate and to "hang the banner"?
agdaddy04
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Just stopping by to ask Astro fans if it's ok to celebrate and to "hang the banner"?
seems kind of insecure to be asking.
DANManman
AG
Not to a fan base (including local sports writers) who had the audacity to criticize the team for celebrating clinching a postseason berth…2 seasons from losing 100 games!
Jesus saves
LeagueCityAg
AG
Fun fact for the butthurt Houston fans out there. Now that the Texas Rangers are your 2023 World Series Champions, there is only one big four team in the state of Texas that hasn't won a championship. That team is the Houston Texans.

Another fun fact for you Houston fans. If you combine the Houston Oilers and Houston Texans' playoff history, that equates to ZERO Super Bowl wins and ZERO conference championship wins.

Sleep tight Houston fans, and give it up for YOUR 2023 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS, THE TEXAS RANGERS!!!
bearkatag15
AG
NFL trash talk when you just won the World Series? Only Arlington fans...
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
LeagueCityAg
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I'm sorry, what was that?
bearkatag15
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

bearkatag15 said:

I'm sorry, what was that?

good... at least you are back to talking about baseball.

Congrats on the World Series win.
FriscoKid
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I like the effort. It's cute that you want to flex your **** while we are literally celebrating. Good job.
LeagueCityAg
AG
FriscoKid said:

bearkatag15 said:

I like the effort. It's cute that you want to flex your **** while we are literally celebrating. Good job.
He's just sad that the worst sports franchise in the state is from Houston.
bearkatag15
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

FriscoKid said:

bearkatag15 said:

I could care less about the NFL. Its all baseball and college football over here. With some college basketball to fulfill the winter months
FriscoKid
AG
i bet Warren Moon can still sling it.
FriscoKid
AG
bearkatag15 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

FriscoKid said:

bearkatag15 said:

I could care less about the NFL. It's all baseball and college football over here. With some college basketball to fulfill the winter months

And yet, here you are. Rangers win, Sad Astro fans watch and try to cope. See y'all in the spring.
TefIon Don
AG
Living in Houston is going to be a **** load of fun this year.
Mr Gigem
AG
No trash talk here. What a ****ing season. World Series trophy stays in Texas

Let's run it back
94chem
As a DFW sports fan living in Houston, my condolences for the Titans wearing the Oilers jerseys last Sunday. Just wrong. Sorry you guys didn't get to keep the team name.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
I can say that now that we've got one, I can root for you guys when we're having a bad year or get knocked out. Kinda restores some balance for my family. The Rangers and their fans just really needed this.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
tjack16
AG
I think we can likely say the 2024 ALCS will consist of 2 of the 3 teams

Rangers
Astros
Orioles
tjack16
AG
My genuine advice to rangers fans ..

Buy any merch you like before Christmas, because after that they don't usually replenish. Especially the hoodies, polos and on-field fitted hats.

There's a few things I wanted from 2022 and decided to wait only for them to be sold out.

T-shirts you can get even a year later.
MrCoachEricTaylor
If we're going to consistently have Ranger Stros ALCS's..

1) They just need to give the winner the World Series trophy then, because we know LAD and ATL are going to choke it away in the DS.

2) I need to talk to my Doctor and see if 30 years old is too young for blood pressure medication.
45-70Ag
AG
SECcess12
tjack16 said:

My genuine advice to rangers fans ..

Buy any merch you like before Christmas, because after that they don't usually replenish. Especially the hoodies, polos and on-field fitted hats.

There's a few things I wanted from 2022 and decided to wait only for them to be sold out.

T-shirts you can get even a year later.
I will also say, buy pennants as well. Those things can be hard to find after a while.

They are pretty cool to have up in a man cave or a garage.
The Porkchop Express
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

FriscoKid said:

bearkatag15 said:

The Cowboys are moving to Houston?
Ugh
ahpetty33
AG
Everyone is just going to ignore the linear downward trend of viewership over the last 8 years? True these are not big market teams but MLB has a viewership problem, outside of who is playing
ahpetty33
AG
Nothing could be better for this baseball rivalry in Texas than both teams being on top of the sport at the same time. Strap in
South Platte
We'll see how the rivalry goes. If you think about it, Yankees - Red Sox took several steps down the ladder after Boston finally won in 2004. So much of it was about the Yankees dominance over the Red Sox and the curse.

It's funny that both teams waited decades to win a World Series, now both have won it.
South Platte
I think the Rockets have this sewn up for the foreseeable future unless Fertitta sells. I wonder if he's underwater on the franchise investment.
SECcess12
ahpetty33 said:

Nothing could be better for this baseball rivalry in Texas than both teams being on top of the sport at the same time. Strap in
Brauny said it best. Its great for youth baseball around the state. I like to imagine that helping Texas A&M and continuing to help A&M into the future.
The Porkchop Express
AG
South Platte said:

I think the Rockets have this sewn up for the foreseeable future unless Fertitta sells. I wonder if he's underwater on the franchise investment.
IDK, the amount of talent the Cowboys have squandered over the past 25 years because their owner is a narcissistic psychopath without reaching even a conference title game is a pretty solid resume.
agproducer
AG
Also -- for Rangers fans -- when they start selling the gold jerseys, jump on them. You can find a few stragglers a few months later, but if you want one -- get one as soon as you can.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Just ordered a Rangers WS Champions flag from Academy. Will hopefully get the opportunity this evening to get to a store to find a few pennants and other 'necessities'

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.