***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

299,432 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by petebaker
cc10106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

cc10106 said:

Jack Ruby said:

The strange inferiority complex Houston has for Dallas reminds me of this:

This is how lots of Astros fans feel about the Rangers and even still.

Sure doesn't seem like it with how often Astro fans would come onto the Rangers thread talking crap.
There is a whole other world that exists outside of this site, just FYI.
agent-maroon
AG
I would wager that maybe 15 - 20% of the posts on the astros thread are something about the Rangers. It would be closer to 60% astro trolls on the Rangers thread if there weren't bans dealt for posting there.

But yeah, yall don't ever think of Dallas or the Rangers. See my Agtag? Do you think that I or any Dallas Ag have never encountered Houston Ags out in the wild?

EDIT - that wasn't meant for CoachET, but rather the projecting astro fan in denial
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Roger Kint
AG
agent-maroon said:

I would wager that maybe 15 - 20% of the posts on the astros thread are something about the Rangers. It would be closer to 60% on the Rangers thread if there weren't bans dealt for posting there.

But yeah, yall don't ever think of Dallas or the Rangers. See my Agtag? Do you think that I and any Dallas Ag have never encountered Houston Ags out in the wild?

EDIT - that wasn't meant for CoachET, but rather the projecting astro fan in denial

100% the reason I grew to hate Houston teams while at A&M.
MrCoachEricTaylor
cc10106 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

cc10106 said:

Jack Ruby said:

The strange inferiority complex Houston has for Dallas reminds me of this:

This is how lots of Astros fans feel about the Rangers and even still.

Sure doesn't seem like it with how often Astro fans would come onto the Rangers thread talking crap.
There is a whole other world that exists outside of this site, just FYI.

Thanks for the insight
bearkatag15
AG
agent-maroon said:

I would wager that maybe 15 - 20% of the posts on the astros thread are something about the Rangers. It would be closer to 60% astro trolls on the Rangers thread if there weren't bans dealt for posting there.

But yeah, yall don't ever think of Dallas or the Rangers. See my Agtag? Do you think that I or any Dallas Ag have never encountered Houston Ags out in the wild?

Please do a deep analysis on the 2023 Astros thread and let me know the exact percentage of posts related to the Rangers... I'm willing to bet a large sum of money it is much less than 15%
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
cc10106
I wonder how many thousands of posts on here are DFWites yapping re: not caring about Houston.
South Platte
cc10106 said:

I wonder how many thousands of posts on here are DFWites yapping re: not caring about Houston.
How about you go count them up for everyone and come back and post the answer?
tjack16
AG
agent-maroon said:

As a regular on the Astros thread I can say the only time we talked about the rangers a lot was either 1. When we played each other, or 2. When the division race was getting hot down the stretch.

95% of the time it was either the game at hand, bashing Dusty's lineup choices, wondering what has happened to Pena, and asking why Maldonado plays so often.
agent-maroon
AG
I lurked on your thread and I saw many posts with every Ranger loss. You can say what you will but it means nothing to anyone that did the same lurking.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tjack16
AG
agent-maroon said:

I lurked on your thread and I saw many posts with every Ranger loss. You can say what you will but it means nothing to anyone that did the same lurking.

Can't say I care about the rangers enough to lurk on their thread. But if y'all lurk on ours then I mean that says something
agent-maroon
AG
tjack16 said:

agent-maroon said:

Can't say I care about the rangers enough to lurk on their thread. But if y'all lurk on ours then I mean that says something

Yeah, it says that y'all post tit pics.
tjack16
AG
agent-maroon said:

tjack16 said:

agent-maroon said:

Yeah, it says that y'all post tit pics.

Fair point
agdaddy04
AG
I've got my 10 year old daughter already asking when next season is going to start. I've enjoyed teaching her more about the game.
bearkatag15
AG

Happy anniversary Rangers.... oh and good luck tonight
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
KNM2020
AG
tjack16 said:

agent-maroon said:

Yeah plenty of yall lurk, lol there's a reason for the "staff warning"
Grapesoda2525
bearkatag15 said:

Too bad you'll never be able to link altuve's game 5 home run in any meaningful way. We have scoreboard. Suck it.
jkag89
Grapesoda2525 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Too bad you'll never be able to link altuve's game 5 home run in any meaningful way. We have scoreboard. Suck it.
Eventual scoreboard did not keep Ranger fan from continually posting gifs or videos of Pujols Game 5 NLCS home run. Then again you are likely correct since TexAgs Astros fans tend to be more baseball savy than TexAgs POW POW FPTR fans.
M.C. Swag
AG
Why is this thread still active? Didn't the Rangers put the astros on the couch? That's the ultimate trash talk.
MrCoachEricTaylor
M.C. Swag said:

Why is this thread still active? Didn't the Rangers put the astros on the couch? That's the ultimate trash talk.

Grape just keeps fanning the embers
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Grapesoda2525 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. Hopefully y'all show up to this series.
The Shank Ag
bearkatag15 said:

That may be the first time I've rewatched that clip since that night...

Had gone out to watch with friends at a Ft Worth bar. One of the said friends had decided to go ahead and buy championship shots for our table after the first out. We have never, EVER, let him live down that bad juju move. Came back with them right as Freese came to the plate.

This series, we will NOT be doing that. Partially because most of us are married and have kids now and never really see the inside of bars, but mostly the bad baseball juju. I'll be watching from the safety of my couch. If by some chance we are up 3-2 and game 6 comes back to Globe Life or a Game 7 happens, I may try to take my Dad to it.
tjack16
AG
The Shank Ag said:

bearkatag15 said:

Had gone out to watch with friends at a Ft Worth bar. One of the said friends had decided to go ahead and buy championship shots for our table after the first out. We have never, EVER, let him live down that bad juju move. Came back with them right as Freese came to the plate.

This series, we will NOT be doing that. Partially because most of us are married and have kids now and never really see the inside of bars, but mostly the bad baseball juju. I'll be watching from the safety of my couch. If by some chance we are up 3-2 and game 6 comes back to Globe Life or a Game 7 happens, I may try to take my Dad to it.

Y'all rangers fans have 2011 game 6. Us Astros fans have 2019 game 7.

Up 2-0 until the 7th and then one foul pole HR broke the dam for the nationals.

Worst part was I was sitting in the upper deck, and in the rafters you could see confetti streamers that they were going to shoot off. And every now and then a little piece of gold confetti would fall down, so we all were like "that's about to come down in 3 innings"
Silent For Too Long
Good luck today, Arlington. Give them hell.

I truly hope ya'll snag a ring this year.
tjack16
AG
Astros won it last year so I'm fine if y'all win this one. I'm not rooting for the rangers at all … but I'm not going to be mad if y'all win.
The Shank Ag
Ugh I just watched it again, just such a web of bad things had to happen for that to be what it was

1. Cruz should have been 15 feet further back in no double
2. Cruz, even out of the position he should have been in, should have caught the ball. 95% of outfielders are in position even in their regular spot to make a leaping catch at the wall. Yes it wasn't a moon shot, but goodness he was not very mobile.
2. Feliz should have been making him chase, at least the next two pitches. That or pitch inside high corner to try to jam.
3. Freese hit that ball perfectly. It was already on the outer half of the plate. Took it the other way with power.
4. We didn't need those So-Co limes already in front of us Steven (per my previous post)
tjack16
AG
tjack16 said:

The Shank Ag said:

bearkatag15 said:

Y'all rangers fans have 2011 game 6. Us Astros fans have 2019 game 7.

Up 2-0 until the 7th and then one foul pole HR broke the dam for the nationals.

Worst part was I was sitting in the upper deck, and in the rafters you could see confetti streamers that they were going to shoot off. And every now and then a little piece of gold confetti would fall down, so we all were like "that's about to come down in 3 innings"

Went back and found a picture of a confetti streamer from game 7 2019. Sad day. Most mad I've ever been leaving a stadium and then as soon as we all exited it started raining.
FriscoKid
AG
Hope y'all enjoyed the game tonight.

Rangers in 5.
jkag89
Great game. I'll take six more of them please.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
So it turns out that most Astros fans weren't rooting for the Rangers?

Never would have guessed!
Silent For Too Long
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

So it turns out that most Astros fans weren't rooting for the Rangers?

Never would have guessed!

Some of us our, some of us aren't.

The real question is, why do you need our validation so badly? It's really odd and creepy how obsessed ya'll are with what we think about you. You be you, Arlington. Wharts and all.
BadAggie
AG
****ing mail your diplomas back to College Station morons. Good God.
BadAggie
AG
Still waiting gigem, where is the sh*t that you are looking for in the 2022 thread?
BadAggie
AG
Hot diggity dog them Rangers won a ball-game!

Cappo
AG

M.C. Swag
AG
Cappo said:

Did Garcia get clearance to celebrate this homerun with the astros first?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.