***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

299,399 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by petebaker
bhuff111
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Philip J Fry said:

RogerFurlong said:

DrZ said:

Nobody hates the crappy teams like the Rangers.

Except Astros Fans. Y'all should hate New York and Boston. They're the ones who siced the MLB on y'all for cheating. I don't get the hate for the Rangers. It was weird going to College Station and hearing from Astros fans how they hated us. Like why do y'all care about us at all.

Honestly, I've never given the Rangers a second thought. Never considered you rivals in any way. Grew up watching Bagwell/Biggio and loathing the Braves.

The only team I've wanted to beat above all other teams have been the Yankees and Red Sox.

That said, the Ranger fan base in texags appears to be the most sensitive and beta I've ever seen.

THIS

I've never given two craps about what Texas was doing. Since '86 I was more concerned about beating NL teams that trounced us in past seasons. Once we became an AL team I shifted my focus to beating whomever we came up against in the playoffs. Texas was always an afterthought. Their fans make this more enjoyable simply by the way they behave.
Philip J Fry
AG
The fact that they have their safe space thread is pretty cringy. Wear a ****ing helmet if you are that much of a delicate flower.
wangus12
AG
It's all based on proximity really. Growing up, it was all about hating the Braves and Cardinals. Nowadays, like yall said its.mainly our playoff rivals. Yankees and Dodgers. But man do I enjoy beating Arlington and listening to the radio on my drive in to work. They constantly hate on the city of Houston in general so it's nice for the Astros to get after them
Cromagnum
AG
fretyuioz
Cromagnum
AG
tjack16 said:

bearkatag15 said:

This is so good. some solid tears here

Wait so many Astros fans? I was told it would be a small contingent

That last guy.

Psycho Bunny
PetroleumAg said:

Psycho Bunny said:

PetroleumAg said:

You are so soft jesus.

Not as soft as that pitching staff for the rangers.

92% to win the game going into the 9th.

How long you been sitting on this one little guy?

About as long as the last time the rangers won a pennant
Carmine Scarpacio
You would think after Episode #101 that baseball fans would realize the baseball gods are on the Astros' side. Why would they be on their side? Because everyone was cheating and has always cheated in baseball. Maybe once the whiners shut up about it the Astros will come back down to earth.

Until then the all-knowing gods will continue to look favorably on them.
fullback44
AG
Carmine Scarpacio said:

You would think after Episode #101 that baseball fans would realize the baseball gods are on the Astros' side. Why would they be on their side? Because everyone was cheating and has always cheated in baseball. Maybe once the whiners shut up about it the Astros will come back down to earth.

Until then the all-knowing gods will continue to look favorably on them.
Kind of like Nick Saban at Bama… he has always cheated, he just cheats a little better than everyone else.
BudFox7
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Cause we are playing against you to make the World Series…. And are a division rival. Before the Astros were in the AL west I honestly didn't think twice about the rangers, even were rooting for them against the cardinals (who were a division rival at the time). Now I don't think twice about the cardinals. That's the way sports work lol

Your definition of rivals needs work.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Rangers are ****ED

had a 2-0 lead and will lose in 6
JohnnyTexAg1995
Explain
Panama Red
AG
GrapeSoda:

How you score these great seats?

tjack16
AG

SIAP but also some people from the rangers thread need to see this
Florida Aggie
AG

Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Larry Hagman
Rangers fan are such trash..Where did this bs start thet Houston Aggies are to blame for Aggie football what a weird thing to say .

Rangers as their fans are pathetic
Carlo4
AG
bhuff111 said:

Philip J Fry said:

RogerFurlong said:

DrZ said:

Except Astros Fans. Y'all should hate New York and Boston. They're the ones who siced the MLB on y'all for cheating. I don't get the hate for the Rangers. It was weird going to College Station and hearing from Astros fans how they hated us. Like why do y'all care about us at all.

Honestly, I've never given the Rangers a second thought. Never considered you rivals in any way. Grew up watching Bagwell/Biggio and loathing the Braves.

The only team I've wanted to beat above all other teams have been the Yankees and Red Sox.

That said, the Ranger fan base in texags appears to be the most sensitive and beta I've ever seen.

THIS

I've never given two craps about what Texas was doing. Since '86 I was more concerned about beating NL teams that trounced us in past seasons. Once we became an AL team I shifted my focus to beating whomever we came up against in the playoffs. Texas was always an afterthought. Their fans make this more enjoyable simply by the way they behave.

I guess we should delete this thread then. No need for it.
Florida Aggie
AG
Florida Aggie said:

Astros beat Rangers in ALCS Rangers fans will STFU

Rangers beat Astros in ALCS: We will still be on the thread letting you know we have been to 7 straight ALCS and to call us when you can hit 4 in a row. You will never escape daddy.
AustinAg2K
Carlo4 said:

bhuff111 said:

Philip J Fry said:

RogerFurlong said:

DrZ said:

THIS

As an Astros fan living in DFW, I can tell you the rivalry between the Rangers and Astros only exists on the Internet. I've never cared about the Rangers, and I don't know any Ranger fans personally that care about the Astros. I know a lot of people, though, that root for the other team when they aren't playing each other. Although, I have a feeling that might start to change after this series.
Philip J Fry
AG
Carlo4 said:

bhuff111 said:

Philip J Fry said:

RogerFurlong said:

DrZ said:

THIS

This thread only exists because Ranger fans need a safe space.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Larry Hagman said:

Rangers fan are such trash..Where did this bs start thet Houston Aggies are to blame for Aggie football what a weird thing to say .

Rangers as their fans are pathetic
I don't put a lot of stock in it, but I've heard this for 30 years. There's always been a supposed rivalry between Houston Ags and Dallas Ags regarding the athletic department. I'm sure those BMA's are blaming each other for the mess we're in with Jimbo. Probably some strongly worded texts going back and forth.
Double Talkin' Jive...
XXXVII
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

I suspect the sheety umps were assign by Manfred for this series.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
wangus12
AG
I just want to know how we are in the LCS and we have umps ranked 50th or worse calling games right now.
Bob Lee
AG
XXXVII said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

When they said before game 4, "this ump has the biggest k zone in baseball" right before the first pitch off the plate was called a strike. I was disgusted. Why is he calling a game in the ALCS if we know he's bad at his job? How does that work?

One of the biggest calls yesterday no one's talking about was the strike 1 call on Chaz when Sborz entered the game. It was a beautiful take by Big Puddin'. Next pitch Sborz goes right back out there and gets the soft contact out.
RogerFurlong
Not based on what I've seen. I don't live in DFW and neither do they. Just pointing out how weird your fan base is. I'm sure most astros fan's never cared but they vocal one's have a weird obsession with Dallas sports teams for no reason.
Dr. Doctor
AG
I have that one but didn't think it was 1000% appropriate then.

After tomorrow game it might be.

~egon
agswin1988
AG
Chandler Rhne just tweeted that abreu is suspended for next two games for intentionally throwing at Garcia. No word if Garcia is also suspended
Panama Red
AG
Just a fine for Garcia

Another "hang the banner" accomplishment for Rangers
JWinTX
Panama Red said:

Just a fine for Garcia

Y'all have quite a bit to talk trash on us Rangers right now. Like tons. But perhaps the dumbest way to do that is to talk about "hang the banner" over something trivial . There's a helluva lot more in your arsenal to fire that we cannot say anything back about. The fact that you resort to this line of smack talk just makes you look really, really dumb.
Silent For Too Long
JWinTX said:

Panama Red said:

Just a fine for Garcia

Y'all have quite a bit to talk trash on us Rangers right now. Like tons. But perhaps the dumbest way to do that is to talk about "hang the banner" over something trivial . There's a helluva lot more in your arsenal to fire that we cannot say anything back about. The fact that you resort to this line of smack talk just makes you look really, really dumb.

Um....

...Hang the Banner? ...
Larry Hagman

RogerFurlong said:

Not based on what I've seen. I don't live in DFW and neither do they. Just pointing out how weird your fan base is. I'm sure most astros fan's never cared but they vocal one's have a weird obsession with Dallas sports teams for no reason.

No one in Houston cares about Dallas save me the bs story about the time you met a Houston native in college station while At A&M
Carlo4
AG
wangus12 said:

I just want to know how we are in the LCS and we have umps ranked 50th or worse calling games right now.

Something we can all agree on that has been horrible all series.

Let's bring Angel Hernandez in if this goes to Game 7. Might as well at this point.

jkag89
Silent For Too Long said:

JWinTX said:

Panama Red said:

Just a fine for Garcia

Um....

...Hang the Banner? ...
The "Hang the Banner" smack has been way over used but I have to admit this post made me laugh.
Furlock Bones
AG
Bob Lee said:

XXXVII said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

When they said before game 4, "this ump has the biggest k zone in baseball" right before the first pitch off the plate was called a strike. I was disgusted. Why is he calling a game in the ALCS if we know he's bad at his job? How does that work?

One of the biggest calls yesterday no one's talking about was the strike 1 call on Chaz when Sborz entered the game. It was a beautiful take by Big Puddin'. Next pitch Sborz goes right back out there and gets the soft contact out.

Was complaining about that last night. Every time one is these schmuck umps blows a call super out of the zone especially early in the count, it sets up the rest of the at bat. Batter goes well crap now I have to think about swinging at some bull shot because this guy is going to ring me up anyway.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.