***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

299,592 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by petebaker
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

RogerFurlong said:

This was when y'all were in the NL.
dude Astros fans were not obsessed with the rangers when we were in the NL, maybe the couple that you knew that live around you in DFW cause they are stuck around it all the time, but I guarantee you 90%+ of Houston fans didn't care less. Like I said a lot of us even rooted for y'all to beat the cardinals… (which was when we were in the NL numb nuts)

I actually was rooting for the rangers to win in 2011 over the cardinals as well. Since we were NL it didn't affect us much.
Legal Custodian
AG
I might pull the opposite of what that Phillies fan did and buy tickets to give out to Astros fans for this game. Make this feel like a home game might help us out a bit
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Just checked it out... Didn't realize how much ticket prices would drop seeing that it is a Friday and potentially the last "home" game for Rangers with series tied.

Can grab 2 solid seats lower deck outfield for less than $150 total.
tjack16
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Just checked it out... Didn't realize how much ticket prices would drop seeing that it is a Friday and potentially the last "home" game for Rangers with series tied.

And they gave Astros fans crap about cheap/open seats for a 3 PM start time
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
tjack16 said:

PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

And they gave Astros fans crap about cheap/open seats for a 3 PM start time
Lower section behind Astros dugout less than $300 for 2 seats. I mean it's pretty tempting but I wouldn't get there until 2nd inning is starting.
Todd 02
AG
Cromagnum said:

Wabs said:

Pretty cool shirt

I get what they were going for, but my OCD prevents me from buying something where Houston is on the western half of the state. They should have split it North / South (or NW / SE).

As someone actually from west Texas, they could have split east Texas north and south and left the rest of us out of it. We don't give a **** what y'all city slickers care about.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
tjack16 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

RogerFurlong said:

dude Astros fans were not obsessed with the rangers when we were in the NL, maybe the couple that you knew that live around you in DFW cause they are stuck around it all the time, but I guarantee you 90%+ of Houston fans didn't care less. Like I said a lot of us even rooted for y'all to beat the cardinals… (which was when we were in the NL numb nuts)

I actually was rooting for the rangers to win in 2011 over the cardinals as well. Since we were NL it didn't affect us much.

That's some serious revisionist history if you were around this board then. Most Astros gave the excuse that they were just rooting for Berkman to get a ring.
tjack16
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

RogerFurlong said:

That's some serious revisionist history if you were around this board then. Most Astros gave the excuse that they were just rooting for Berkman to get a ring.

I was a junior in high school so no I was not on TexAgs
JohnnyTexAg1995
I think we can all agree this might be the worst umpire to ever work an ALCS
tjack16
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

I think we can all agree this might be the worst umpire to ever work an ALCS

They've been awful the last 3 games. MLB needs the Robo umps now
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Blue is absolutely horrible but to befair, Bregman should have never come up to bat because Maldonado watched strike three.
Double Talkin' Jive...
PetroleumAg
AG
Wouldn't expect anything less!
bearkatag15
AG
PetroleumAg said:

Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
PetroleumAg
AG
bearkatag15 said:

PetroleumAg said:

Take a walk with Dusty!
zgolfz85
AG
**** y'all
htxag09
AG
Rangers just as soft as their fans.

Zero chance that was intentional. Look at the situation.
Daddy-O5
AG
Soft.
Mose Schrute
AG
You have to be an absolute ******** IDIOT to think that was intentional.
Cloud
Brain dead rangers fans think our best reliever is going to put a 2nd dude on base down 2 in the alcs. It's almost like they just started watching baseball this season.
CrawlingNo5
AG
funny to go between the Rangers and astro thread and see how 2 groups of people can see so many things different. Of course, the astro fans are wrong.
tjack16
AG
CrawlingNo5 said:

funny to go between the Rangers and astro thread and see how 2 groups of people can see so many things different. Of course, the astro fans are wrong.

I think he threw high and tight to send a message. But didn't intend to hit him. Either way it was stupid to do it even if it wasn't an intentional HBP.

If he did intend to hit him in a 2 run game in the ALCS… I'd be shocked.

Also Garcia pushed two umpires. How is he still in the game?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I don't think it was intentional but maybe that's what they want us to think.

Why put a base runner on after the first hitter got on? Makes no sense.

Also, I would rather face Abreu than Pressley.
Double Talkin' Jive...
PoppaB05
AG
When will people understand, you don't boo Altuve
sts7049
AG
this ump is worse than angel hernandez
htxag09
AG
What a kick to the nuts. Gotta love it
XXXVII
XXXVII said:

XXXVII said:

The Astros have been here MANY times and know what to do to come back and win a series. Lack of experience in the post season is why the rangers will crash and burn from here on out.

The Astros have been here MANY times and know what to do to come back and win a series. Lack of experience in the post season is why the rangers will crash and burn from here on out.

DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
bearkatag15
AG
Eat **** Arlington
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
CuriousAg
&ct=g
kb2001
AG
I heard Garcia is getting sponsorship offers from Tampax and Summer's Eve. Any truth to that?
Mathguy64
AG
20 minutes after the game and your pinch runner is still standing off the bag.
Jaydoug
AG

wangus12
AG
Maybe one day people will stop pitching to the greatest playoff player of all time in high pressure/clutch situations
Post removed:
by user
XXXVII

DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
kb2001
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

I don't think it was intentional but maybe that's what they want us to think.

Why put a base runner on after the first hitter got on? Makes no sense.

Also, I would rather face Abreu than Pressley.
I doubt it was intentional, you don't do that crap in playoff games, and you certainly don't do it in the 8th inning of a close game. You get that "revenge" next season in a blowout.

Garcia needs more experience here. He didn't keep his cool, and he needed to. Pissed off or not, whether he thinks it was intentional or not, he has to know he can't blow up like that. His closer had pitched and was waiting for the top of the 9th, something he doesn't do often, and Garcia's response caused a 10 minute delay. Even worse, he put his hands on one ump and pushed another one. He'll be lucky to escape with just a fine and no suspension.

Maldy said it perfectly when they asked him how he kept his cool. It's a close game, I can't do something to get ejected, keep it calm and move on.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.