***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

261,863 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by petebaker
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
South Platte said:

XXXVII said:

The Astros have been here MANY times and know what to do to come back and win a series. Lack of experience in the post season is why the rangers will crash and burn from here on out.
Or it could be that both teams are flawed, prone to hot and cold extremes, and Houston can play really, really good baseball.

The difference in bullpen strength showed the past 2 games. Houston's was able to hold Texas in Game 2 and you almost came back. Texas' bullpen couldn't hold Houston in Game 3 and we couldn't come back. It could be the deciding difference.
This is just baseball. Very rarely is it the "best" team that wins the World Series. Just need the pieces then get lucky with when guys get on and hot.

I mean a month ago people were ready to crown the Braves champs....
JohnnyTexAg1995
Silent For Too Long said:

AgsWin2011 said:

So trying to make up from game 1 and 2? Rangers beat the Astros and the umpires the first two games. Our dead arms lost us game 3.

Proof?
the umps did favor according to the decimal point run adv. but even on the scorecard there we calls missed to both teams. The crazy thing about last night is he only missed calls for one team, that's wild
AgsWin2011
AG
Go back and watch the games. They rung up Jung on a 3-2 pitch that was in the other batter's box. The next at bat Leody Taveras hit a solo home run, so there's a run we were screwed out of.

The foul tip that hit the ground CLEARLY that the ump said the catcher caught for strike 3.

Astros were getting calls on the corners that the Rangers pitchers weren't getting. Doesn't matter because it ultimately didn't have any effect on the outcome, much like last night when we got a couple calls. I think it was Jung that went around for strike 3 but the umpire said he didn't.
MelvinUdall
AgsWin2011 said:

Eso si, Que es said:

Great catch Taveras, postseason baseball is the best time of year.

Agreed but my God how did Yordan even hit it that far. The dude is a freakin beast.

Funny how the longer this series goes on I feel like each team is actually gaining more and more respect for each other.

According to South Platte, steroids.
Farmer1906
AG
MelvinUdall said:

AgsWin2011 said:

Eso si, Que es said:

Agreed but my God how did Yordan even hit it that far. The dude is a freakin beast.

Funny how the longer this series goes on I feel like each team is actually gaining more and more respect for each other.

Can you believe the MLB just hasn't tested him over his 5 years of dominance?

If anyone should be questionable how about the guy who had his slugging jump from .455 to .623 & OPS jump from .772 to 1.013. That guy seems much more like a juicer than
AgsWin2011
AG
That's funny. The Astros board was accusing Jung of juicing last night.
Charlie Conway
no it wasnt
Mr Gigem
AG
Charlie Conway said:

no it wasnt

Charlie Conway
super compelling evidence
Marvin
AG
Charlie Conway said:

super compelling evidence

It was a play on words, but yeah.

By the way, those non-existent Astros fans sure seemed loud last night! Not sure why Ranger fans would be chanting "Let's go, Astros!" so loud that network TV picked it up.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
MelvinUdall
Farmer1906 said:

MelvinUdall said:

AgsWin2011 said:

Eso si, Que es said:

If anyone should be questionable how about the guy who had his slugging jump from .455 to .623 & OPS jump from .772 to 1.013. That guy seems much more like a juicer than

Let's not forget that the Astros also hacked PitchCom at Globe Life, so there is that.
Mr Gigem
AG
Please show me where I said there won't be any Astros fans in attendance
Marvin
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Interesting choice of words... "any" fans? Don't change the narrative.

As I recall, I said that I expected more Astros fans in Arlington than Rangers had in Houston. You disagreed... something about the ability to limit ticket sales to the opposition. Several people called you out, and you were proved wrong.

Farmer1906
AG
Mr Gigem said:

I believe the exact quote was "y'all ***** ass Astro fans won't get within 100 yards of Globe Life. Just try those weak ass cheating zip codes"
Mr Gigem
AG
Still waiting for you to show me where I said there won't be any Astros. You said in your post this morning "non-existing Astros fans" implying I said there won't be any Astros fans. So show me where I said that.

And nobody "called me out." Two other posters mentioned secondary market sales, which we don't control.

But I'll let you continue to be delusional and pretend something happened that didn't.

Hope your wife is okay, though! Really
jkag89
Mr Gigem said:

You said a small contingent. That small contingent was quiet visible and very loud at GLF last night, much more so than Ranger fans at Minute Maid for the first two games.
Mr Gigem
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mr Gigem said:

I believe the exact quote was "y'all ***** ass Astro fans won't get within 100 yards of Globe Life. Just try those weak ass cheating zip codes"

You're at least funny and have actual facts and data to back up your comments. I generally enjoy your posts
Mr Gigem
AG
That's what I said. I'm actually disappointed in the aftermarket sales, but capitalism
jkag89
Mr Gigem said:

That's what I said. I'm actually disappointed in the aftermarket sales, but capitalism
What!?!?!?!?!?!?! Those life long, die hard, POW POW FPTR fans opted to sell their tickets, a significant number to Astros fans, despite it being over a decade since the Rangers have made it to the ALCS and this being only second home postseason game since 2016? No Way!

Kidding aside, I think you and many Metroplex sports fans are vastly underestimating the Astros footprint in the state of Texas and how well Astros fans travel.
South Platte
Farmer1906 said:

MelvinUdall said:

AgsWin2011 said:

Eso si, Que es said:

I mean he's still pretty skinny. He doesn't have popups that turn into home runs.

If we have anyone, it's Garcia. He's questionable - he looks like he could be a Mike in the NFL.

And as far as pitchers go, Clemens and Verlander are the only guys I've ever seen that can still throw gas at 40.
Farmer1906
AG
South Platte said:

Farmer1906 said:

MelvinUdall said:

AgsWin2011 said:

Eso si, Que es said:

I mean he's still pretty skinny. He doesn't have popups that turn into home runs.

If we have anyone, it's Garcia. He's questionable - he looks like he could be a Mike in the NFL.

And as far as pitchers go, Clemens and Verlander are the only guys I've ever seen that can still throw gas at 40.

You call yourself a Rangers fan? Nolan? HELLO!

Also, be careful because Mad Max has a special birthday this July.
Silent For Too Long
Farmer beat me to it but....

Nolan ****ing Ryan?

Please turn in you Texas sports fan card and get the **** out of this thread.
Marvin
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Still waiting for you to show me where I said there won't be any Astros. You said in your post this morning "non-existing Astros fans" implying I said there won't be any Astros fans. So show me where I said that.

And nobody "called me out." Two other posters mentioned secondary market sales, which we don't control.

But I'll let you continue to be delusional and pretend something happened that didn't.

Hope your wife is okay, though! Really

Spin it however you want. Astros fans showed up despite you claiming they would not.

Mrs. Marvin is just fine, thanks.
Marvin
AG
jkag89 said:

Mr Gigem said:

You said a small contingent. That small contingent was quiet visible and very loud at GLF last night, much more so than Ranger fans at Minute Maid for the first two games.

Seems pretty factual to me............
Larry Hagman
jkag89 said:

Mr Gigem said:

What!?!?!?!?!?!?! Those life long, die hard, POW POW FPTR fans opted to sell their tickets, a significant number to Astros fans, despite it being over a decade since the Rangers have made it to the ALCS and this being only second home postseason game since 2016? No Way!

Kidding aside, I think you and many Metroplex sports fans are vastly underestimating the Astros footprint in the state of Texas and how well Astros fans travel.
This is an Astros state sorry rangerettes.
Farmer1906
AG
The Philly fans are psycho. This tops our littler ticket bickering.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Anybody that's paid attention to Eagles fans at any point knows those people are out of their damned minds.
carl spacklers hat
Farmer1906 said:

Rangers got a ton of help last night.

It may be anecdotal but to me, all three games saw a more favorable strike zone for the Rangers. Games 2 & 3 for sure.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Farmer1906
AG
carl spacklers hat said:

Farmer1906 said:

Rangers got a ton of help last night.

It may be anecdotal but to me, all three games saw a more favorable strike zone for the Rangers. Games 2 & 3 for sure.
Generally, you feel like your team is getting screwed.

It favored Houston in 1, game 2 was close but slightly favored Arlington, and game 3 was all Arlington (literally all the calls).

And before yall pullout ump scorecard for game 2, he does his own evaluation based on run value. I get what he's doing, but it's far from perfect.

Astros pitchers got 5 strikes called balls, 0 balls called strikes.
Rangers pitchers got 3 strikes called balls, 2 balls called strikes.

NET 4 pitches favoring Arlington.
htxag09
AG
It's also just called balls and strikes....

Arguably the biggest miss in game 2 (I think) was the foul tip that bounced and ump said it was caught clean.

Biggest miss in game 3 was the check swing called ball that was 100% a swing in the 9th.

Neither of these will be on the ump scorecard.
Farmer1906
AG
Correct.
FunkyTownAg
AG
Overall I have been unimpressed with the umps with the missed foul tip and the check swings (As a rangers fan I will admit that was terrible).

However, Heim is arguably the best catcher in the league at framing pitches and has caused issues for the umps all year. Thats just part of the game though IMO.

Edited to add after looking up the stats that Maldonado is statistically the worst catcher in the MLB at framing pitches which probably contributes to disparity in calls.
Cromagnum
AG
Farmer1906 said:

The Philly fans are psycho. This tops our littler ticket bickering.

14 less of the homes team fans is completely irrelevant, even if he bought the 6 seats to his left and right and the 8 directly in front and behind to make a little Eagle bubble.
Barnyard96
AG
Incoming!!!
The D
AG
Pucker pucker pucker

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.