***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

262,530 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by petebaker
Legal Custodian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beat40 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Beat40 said:

Legal Custodian said:

I'm so confused about moderation. How are both fanbases pissed at the mods and both think they're treated unfairly.

We have to deal constantly with y'all trolling our board and no one gets banned even though there's a warning on the OP. Just deleted posts. What's the point of a warning with no follow through? And I get it, some posters get their jolly's from trolling. It's the internet, it's gonna happen. But when you have a warning that trolling will result in a ban yet no bans happen? Come on.

I go to see y'alls thread and you guys are complaining about deleted posts and getting banned. How bad have the mods f'd up to somehow have both fanbases feeling they're unfairly treated and the mods must be fans of the opposing team? And why delete the hotties posts now after allowing them all season.

I just don't get what mods are trying to do? I guess get us pissed at them so we don't go after each other?
This isn't a us all against the mod situation.

This is a Rangers' fan is charmin soft situation. Astros fans understand if they go over to your thread and troll, their post is deleted and could face a short ban. However, your idiot Ranger comrades flag innocuous posts about genuine baseball because they can't handle an Astros fan coming to your thread to actually talk baseball.

Ask MrGigem, who loves posting on the Astros thread by the way, how many of his posts have been flagged and deleted by Astros fans. He's even had interaction with Astros fans! The horror!

I know 100% if I went to your thread after the Rangers won the ALDS to congratulate you guys, my post would have been deleted. If I were to ask the prognosis of Scherzer, my post would have been deleted. If were to ask how Jung's thumb was a month ago, most post would have been deleted.

So no, this isn't' an all against the mods situation. This is an environment soft-ass Rangers fans have created.
That's revisionist history if I ever saw it. Any legit posts on the Rangers thread don't get straight up deleted.

The one that keeps getting brought up is Farmer asking for restaurant recommendations 10 minutes after y'all went in dry on us back in September. Read the room and let it breathe a little bit. That'd be like a longhorn asking for restaurant recs 10min after Tucker's kick went through the uprights in 2011. If that's not trolling than it's a completely idiotic thing to post and expect sincere responses.

This is an environment created by Astros fans trolling incessantly and mods creating an environment because legit Ranger conversation couldn't be had because of derails related to your trolling. There's a reason the warning is on our thread and not yours, because you just can't help yourselves.
To the bolded. SOFT. S.O.F.T. What a dumb excuse for flagging a post. Let it breathe? That's freaking soft. It's on a guy's mind, he asks, and he gets his post deleted because your soft-ass fans intimate it as trolling.

If you had done the same, you would have definitely taken some heat and had some snarky responses, but your post would not have been flagged and deleted on the Astros thread.

The funny thing is, that's the one you bring up, the Farmer post. There are many other instances. Another I can think of is at the trade deadline with the JV trade. Some posters on your thread got some of the details wrong, and texasaggie15 commented on their wrong post, correcting what was wrong, and his post was deleted! Genuine baseball talk!

Again, the warning and banning trolling by Astros fan is completely warranted. We do not disagree with you there. No Astros fan is complaining about that man.

That's bull**** as it's happening now for Ranger fans who are trolling your board. And don't give me it's retribution; if you're saying we're soft for flagging the same applies to you as you can't handle trolling either. Pot meet kettle.

Yeah, completely innocent posting on the opposing teams board 10 minutes after a huge win in September. Nothing to see there.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Legal Custodian said:

Beat40 said:

Legal Custodian said:

I'm so confused about moderation. How are both fanbases pissed at the mods and both think they're treated unfairly.

We have to deal constantly with y'all trolling our board and no one gets banned even though there's a warning on the OP. Just deleted posts. What's the point of a warning with no follow through? And I get it, some posters get their jolly's from trolling. It's the internet, it's gonna happen. But when you have a warning that trolling will result in a ban yet no bans happen? Come on.

I go to see y'alls thread and you guys are complaining about deleted posts and getting banned. How bad have the mods f'd up to somehow have both fanbases feeling they're unfairly treated and the mods must be fans of the opposing team? And why delete the hotties posts now after allowing them all season.

I just don't get what mods are trying to do? I guess get us pissed at them so we don't go after each other?

This is a Rangers' fan is charmin soft situation. Astros fans understand if they go over to your thread and troll, their post is deleted and could face a short ban. However, your idiot Ranger comrades flag innocuous posts about genuine baseball because they can't handle an Astros fan coming to your thread to actually talk baseball.

Ask MrGigem, who loves posting on the Astros thread by the way, how many of his posts have been flagged and deleted by Astros fans. He's even had interaction with Astros fans! The horror!

I know 100% if I went to your thread after the Rangers won the ALDS to congratulate you guys, my post would have been deleted. If I were to ask the prognosis of Scherzer, my post would have been deleted. If were to ask how Jung's thumb was a month ago, most post would have been deleted.

So no, this isn't' an all against the mods situation. This is an environment soft-ass Rangers fans have created.
That's revisionist history if I ever saw it. Any legit posts on the Rangers thread don't get straight up deleted.

The one that keeps getting brought up is Farmer asking for restaurant recommendations 10 minutes after y'all went in dry on us back in September. Read the room and let it breathe a little bit. That'd be like a longhorn asking for restaurant recs 10min after Tucker's kick went through the uprights in 2011. If that's not trolling than it's a completely idiotic thing to post and expect sincere responses.

This is an environment created by Astros fans trolling incessantly and mods creating an environment because legit Ranger conversation couldn't be had because of derails related to your trolling. There's a reason the warning is on our thread and not yours, because you just can't help yourselves.
i posted during a game for the rangers something positive about the game, like "that was a big out" and my post got deleted haha
Mr Gigem
AG
It's my understanding that only trolling posts are the issue. If someone wants to flag any and all Astros posts, regardless of content then that is on that particular poster and up to mods to figure out. Quite honestly this entire site is becoming a cesspool.

That is why a different thread was created for genuine discussion. Both fan bases have hatred towards the other. Best to stay away from each other's thread
tjack16
AG
I think we can all agree on one thing today.

3:30 ALCS start time is crap.
Beat40
Legal Custodian said:

Beat40 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Beat40 said:

Legal Custodian said:

To the bolded. SOFT. S.O.F.T. What a dumb excuse for flagging a post. Let it breathe? That's freaking soft. It's on a guy's mind, he asks, and he gets his post deleted because your soft-ass fans intimate it as trolling.

If you had done the same, you would have definitely taken some heat and had some snarky responses, but your post would not have been flagged and deleted on the Astros thread.

The funny thing is, that's the one you bring up, the Farmer post. There are many other instances. Another I can think of is at the trade deadline with the JV trade. Some posters on your thread got some of the details wrong, and texasaggie15 commented on their wrong post, correcting what was wrong, and his post was deleted! Genuine baseball talk!

Again, the warning and banning trolling by Astros fan is completely warranted. We do not disagree with you there. No Astros fan is complaining about that man.

That's bull**** as it's happening now for Ranger fans who are trolling your board. And don't give me it's retribution; if you're saying we're soft for flagging the same applies to you as you can't handle trolling either. Pot meet kettle.

Yeah, completely innocent posting on the opposing teams board 10 minutes after a huge win in September. Nothing to see there.
Dude - you're idiot fans got a ton of stuff deleted off the game day thread because three of them got their posts deleted. I don't care about the pictures. It's the baseball stuff.

Some Astros fans literally did what you guys do (which they haven't been done all season until the ALCS), and then your fellow Ranger fans get so butt-hurt they flag and delete every post on the Astros game day thread that even contains the word Ranger in it.

So yes, you're softer than a pillow.
The Porkchop Express
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

We should start and Rangers/Astros fan staff trash talk thread.

I volunteer Porkchop to start it. Give us something witty!
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
tjack16
AG
I have zero problem with a rangers fan posting on our thread as long as it's not a troll job. There's been many times I've wanted to go on the rangers thread and ask about something for clarity like "Is this guy that good or just hot tonight" but it'll get flagged so I stay away. If a rangers fan just wants clarity on an Astros thing or vice versa I have zero problem with it.

Like last night when Sborz came in I was curious if rangers fans thought he's improved since he was pretty hated by them earlier in the season. Or asking about Evan Carter, dude is an absolute monster, but I know almost nothing about him.
Legal Custodian
AG
Beat40 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Beat40 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Beat40 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Dude - you're idiot fans got a ton of stuff deleted off the game day thread because three of them got their posts deleted. I don't care about the pictures. It's the baseball stuff.

Some Astros fans literally did what you guys do (which they haven't been done all season until the ALCS), and then your fellow Ranger fans get so butt-hurt they flag and delete every post on the Astros game day thread that even contains the word Ranger in it.

Right now the most whining is coming from your fanbase, yet you're calling us soft?

Beat40
Mr Gigem said:

It's my understanding that only trolling posts are the issue. If someone wants to flag any and all Astros posts, regardless of content then that is on that particular poster and up to mods to figure out. Quite honestly this entire site is becoming a cesspool.

That is why a different thread was created for genuine discussion. Both fan bases have hatred towards the other. Best to stay away from each other's thread
Sure - but that's not what people who like baseball want to do. I WANT to talk to you guys about your team on your thread. If I want to engage in fun banter, I'll do it on the smack-talk thread. I can't talk to you guys on your thread because your fellow fans would delete all most posts during the season.

I agree it's on specific posters, but what's its turned into is some Astros' fan feels they've had enough when a Ranger fan comes to the Astros thread to talk and the Rangers' fan gets deleted. Then the Rangers' fan goes nuclear and starts messing up the Astros' game day thread.

I agree with you that this is all stupid stuff to be mad over. Only reason it irks me is because I would actually like to go to the Rangers thread to discuss baseball related stuff, but I can't.
Legal Custodian
AG
That's what this thread is for and it's quite active:

https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/3398144
Beat40
Legal Custodian said:

Beat40 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Beat40 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Beat40 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Right now the most whining is coming from your fanbase, yet you're calling us soft?

I'm at least ok with you thinking we're soft. That's fine with me.

You clearly don't like being called soft because three of your posters had their posts deleted on the Astros thread, probably for the first time all year, and decided to go nuclear and have posts deleted on the ASTROS thread during the game because they couldn't handle fair treatment.

If that's whining, I'm ok with it.
Legal Custodian
AG
Beat40 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Beat40 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Beat40 said:

Legal Custodian said:

Beat40 said:

Legal Custodian said:

I'm at least ok with you thinking we're soft. That's fine with me.

You clearly don't like being called soft because three of your posters had their posts deleted on the Astros thread, probably for the first time all year, and decided to go nuclear and have posts deleted on the ASTROS thread during the game because they couldn't handle fair treatment.

If that's whining, I'm ok with it.
Honest question, where are you getting this information? I have not seen any mention of this on the Ranger board, so I guess this is just your hypothesis?
Beat40
Legal Custodian said:

That's what this thread is for and it's quite active:

https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/3398144
Thanks. I guess I missed it because I don't normally go to the full MLB Other page on TexAgs.

It's still pretty damn stupid a thread like that has to be created in the first place.
Legal Custodian
AG
Oh I agree, but that's what happens when trolls take over a thread
Project Gemini
AG
Give it a ****ing rest. Bunch of grown adults on a gameday whinging about unimportant non sporting bs.
Beat40
Project Gemini said:

Give it a ****ing rest. Bunch of grown adults on a gameday whinging about unimportant non sporting bs.
Fair enough. Consider this my last post on the subject.
Project Gemini
AG
And Rangers fans, act like you've been here before. Nevermind. Your franchise is ass and you dont know what this is like.
Mr Gigem
AG
No do one more. Please
Legal Custodian
AG
Project Gemini said:

I mean we're literally calling each other's fanbases names on the Trash Talk thread, TexAgs would be out of business if we take your advice. We're not MF'ing each other or bringing moms into it.

I guess you can flag our posts if you'd like
Legal Custodian
AG
Project Gemini said:

And Rangers fans, act like you've been here before. Nevermind. Your franchise is ass and you dont know what this is like.
Just following y'alls lead here with the trolling, right?
AgE2theBONE
AG
This is probably the most childish bickering I've seen on TexAgs in the 17 years I've been on this site.

It's like reading a thread full of 8-year-olds, and it's really disappointing.

I'll leave you to it.

Go Rangers.
Breggy Popup
AG
AgE2theBONE said:

This is probably the most childish bickering I've seen on TexAgs in the 17 years I've been on this site.

I'll leave you to it.

Go Rangers.

You must not read many threads. Especially in the zoo.
kb2001
AG
AgE2theBONE said:

I'll leave you to it.

Go Rangers.
Agree completely, it's no longer about baseball, it's a fight over who's tattling more

Go Astros
RED AG 98
AG
It's not about baseball -- it's about the terrible moderation policy at TA and it goes across many boards.

The rules are not applied equally and there is zero transparency. Sucks, but that's what it is.
Ted Lasso
AG
Marvin said:

gigem1223 said:

Marvin said:

AgsWin2011 said:

Sorry about Mrs. Marvin. That's not cool.

Sounds like another night in Houston though. I saw a video of one Astro fan beating the crap out of another Astro fan and ricocheting into his wife in the ALDS.

Another night in Houston with 3 middle-aged fat ass Ranger fans that were so brave they ran from a single gray-haired man? Yeah, seems like any other day…

Lol now we know you're full of ***** What a sad old man.

Edited, not worth the hell you deserve.

NOt wORTh thE heLL yOu DesErVe!!!

What a pathetic response. You should probably step away from the internet for awhile.
Psycho Bunny
New rule going further in this series. Any one calling out the other persons fan base on Texags because of an altercation or fight, better have video evidence or didn't happen.
Farmer1906
AG
Psycho Bunny said:

New rule going further in this series. Any one calling out the other persons fan base on Texags because of an altercation or fight, better have video evidence or didn't happen.

**** your rule.
Breggy Popup
AG
Psycho Bunny said:

Sounds like a good way to get your ass kicked if you are a party in the altercation.

"Excuse me, let me start videoing this so I can post it on..." BAM POW SMACK POW!
Eso si, Que es
Can't wait until Wednesday to see first hand if Rangers have already hung the banner for 2023 ALCS game 1 winner.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

Can't wait until Wednesday to see first hand if Rangers have already hung the banner for 2023 ALCS game 1 winner.

That's not even trash talk, it's just silly. Hasn't been a lot of crowing about game 1 from Rangers fans. Are we happy? Absolutely. But we also know it is a best of 7 so there is a long way to go.
Double Talkin' Jive...
ahpetty33
AG
Came here to see what this thread was about... I'll just see myself out
Psycho Bunny
astros fans sure are being quiet.
tjack16
AG
Y'all should be kind and send your MVP Framber a ring after y'all win.
Legal Custodian
AG
Psycho Bunny said:

astros fans sure are being quiet.
Let's hold on a little bit, it's literally through .5 an inning. We have no idea which Eovaldi will show up today.
AgsWin2011
AG
Yordan is a bad dude. I'd walk him every time if the bases were open. Sure as hell wouldn't throw him anything up and in.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.