***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

295,715 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by petebaker
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjack16 said:

Alright let's here the predictions.

1. Who wins
2. How many games?
3. Series MVP
4. Surprise hero

Rangers
5 games
Seager
Taveras

Altuve with the MVP like series in loss.
Grapesoda2525
tjack16 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

tjack16 said:

Moving on up the leaderboard

Interesting chart.

The rangers would pass a lot of teams if their next appearance is relatively soon. Although, John Smoltz thinks the orioles will be in the ALCS the next 10-20 years because we heard 50-100 times how "young, talented, deep, and great" they all are and how this is just the tip of the iceberg!

Never seen a losing team get their balls sucked so much.

" Did you know the orioles have alot of young talent and are built for a dynasty?" - John smoltz when he is laying next to his wife probably
Dude was unbelievably pissed and disappointed that his Braves vs Orioles World Series never happened.
tjack16
AG
Him and Costas can go to group therapy this weekend. Costas dodger bias was palpable

To me Astros/Rangers was the best LCS matchup they could have hoped for
gigem1223
agdaddy04 said:

JV has already been announced. Who is going pitch G1 for the Rangers?

Bochy hasn't announced yet but should be Big Game Nate.

Prosperdick
AG
MelvinUdall said:

South Platte said:

Prosperdick said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Wabs said:

7 ****ing straight. Something Arlington will never, ever know.

Class and not cheating, something the Tine will never know
Pudge, Palmerio, Juan Gonzales, Canseco...all juiced out of their minds. You're a f***ing hypocrite.

Everybody was guilty then. Clemens, bagwell, caminiti, Mike Hampton, pettite, Alou.

Juiced out of their minds? Let's not be dramatic.

As was everyone one was using technology to steal signs…let's not be dramatic.
You beat me to it. As I've said countless times, where did Beltran play last before coming to Houston and introducing them to the sign stealing technology. Manfred needed a team to take the abuse and unfortunately Rat Fiers was pissed he was left off the post season roster, so voila, MLB had their poster cheater team and pretended as if it was an isolated incident.
All I do is Nguyen
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
West Roxbury
Correa tipped his cap to Maldy postgame and mentioned his leadership. FWIW. But I thought the more interesting point was he talked about expected slug (or expected slugging %) and how the Astros pitched well to those zones.

This became a major topic on 97.5 FM in Houston this morning.
TexasAggiesWin
S
I will talk trash about myself this morning... I willingly listened to Creed "Higher" on the drive into work
tjack16
AG
TexasAggiesWin said:

I will talk trash about myself this morning... I willingly listened to Creed "Higher" on the drive into work

It's not a bad song admittedly. I'm guessing it'll be played a lot in Arlington next week
Cromagnum
AG
gigem1223 said:

Cromagnum said:

jetch17 said:

Creed!?

JFC.

They were putting out bangers the last time any team in Dallas was relevant. I may even have a couple songs on Winamp.

The stars and mavericks would like a word sir

People care about boundyball and ice soccer?
BadAggie
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Lol they don't call it 'Big D' for nothing
Furlock Bones
AG
**** the mousketeers.
Beat40
Mr Gigem said:

Astros spraying champagne. Don't they know that's not allowed. Jobs not finished

What cracks me up about this one is Rangers fan thinks this is so witty.

Your team literally celebrated like they won the division when they had a hugely important game the next day and then came out flat that day to lose the division.

Then Ranger fan then posts stuff like "I guess we have the Astros' permission to celebrate now!"

It's a self own each time it's posted.
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Astros spraying champagne. Don't they know that's not allowed. Jobs not finished

What cracks me up about this one is Rangers fan thinks this is so witty.

Your team literally celebrated like they won the division when they had a hugely important game the next day and then came out flat that day to lose the division.

Then Ranger fan then posts stuff like "I guess we have the Astros' permission to celebrate now!"

It's a self own each time it's posted.

It really is. Either you are playing dumb or not sharp enough to keep up. I hope it's the first one.
Bag
AG
before this thread goes exceedingly toxic, I just want to say that, as an astros fan since the days of Cesar Cedeno, Mike Scott and Jose Cruz I am super excited about this series, I have no real ill will towards the Rangers and they are an absolutely lethal lineup, anything I say is simply in good fun, because at the end of the day this is supposed to be fun, nothing is to be taken personally and I could not be more proud of my state to have both the rangers and the astros in the LCS.

so now, lets get ready to rumble.
htxag09
AG
They're in new territory when it comes to playoff smack talk….

Look at their network's post mocking Bregman's "I guess we'll never know." I mean, if they would have waited and posted if they beat us, I'd tip my hat. Still wouldn't make sense (we've experienced the last, what, 6 postseasons & 10 ALCS without the rangers, so we 100% do know), but I'd still have tipped my hat.
LarryFlynt
So if we Houstonians talk **** about Dfw in this series does that mean We ArE oBseSsed wITh DfW
AustinAg2K
All I do is Nguyen said:

No way am I clicking on that link.
BMX Bandit
rangers bats have been the best all year and their pitching has been equally fantastic during the playoffs. going to be a bare knuckle brawl!

for those interested, from draft kings:

series:
HOU -140 TEX +120

HOU 4-2 +400
HOU 4-3 +425
TEX 4-3 +550
HOU 4-1 +600
TEX 4-2 +600
TEX 4-1 +650
HOU 4-0 +1000
TEX 4-0 +1400
South Platte
BMX Bandit said:

HOU 4-0 +1000
Surprised this is not much higher. This isn't going 7 games.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Take it to the 2016 trash talk thread. The '23 Rangers are hard to beat.
agproducer
AG
cypress-ag
AG
Does the clock strike 12 for the Rangers and this pitching they've seen over the last 5 games goes Poof? Do the bats cool off from what they've been for the last 5 games? That's what makes all this so fun to watch. Astros in 6
Florida Aggie
AG
Please do that roll call lol.
jkag89
Hi, Im Brett said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Take it to the 2016 trash talk thread. The '23 Rangers are hard to beat.
Groan
Herknav
AG
//Who knew, Yahweh is a Texan and this is God's country. 'Just open the roof and let him watch 'em play!'//just my thoughts.//
//Herknav sends//
Grapesoda2525
I hope you guys are still in the habit of dropping massive turds at home. Your road record is pretty scary.
Farmer1906
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

I hope you guys are still in the habit of dropping massive turds at home. Your road record is pretty scary.
We have won 7 of our last 9 at home in the postseason.
All I do is Nguyen
We still drop turds, just on the opponents
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Prosperdick
AG
If I'm the rangers I'm worried about the long layoff that has proven to cool many hot bats throughout the MLB playoff years as well as a bullpen that has more blown saves than saves.

Oh and facing an Astros team that have the following players who have never NOT made the ALCS in their ENTIRE careers:

Bregman
Tucker
Alvarez
Pena
McCormick
Meyers
Diaz
Valdez
Javier
Urquidy
Abreu
France
Brown
RED AG 98
AG
PoppaB05 said:

The Astros and Rangers share 4 very important things
1) Hate for the Dodgers
2) Hate for the Yankees
3) Hate for the Cardinals
4) Love for Nolan Ryan
5) Ballpark design, obviously talking interior only
Bag
AG
only #4 is true
West Roxbury
Yankees are my least favorite team by far. Also, growing up on the NL, it's the Dodgers. I can't really develop hatred for the Rangers. At least not yet. I'm glad we are having a Lone Star ALCS. Go Astros.
Prosperdick
AG
Bag said:

only #4 is true
I'd argue #1 and 2 are very true for most Astros fans, myself included. I've never hated the Cardinals. Sure, I didn't like them when they knocked us out of the playoffs but generally have never actively rooted for them to lose like I do for the Yanks and Dodgers.
Bag
AG
Prosperdick said:

Bag said:

only #4 is true
I'd argue #1 and 2 are very true for most Astros fans, myself included. I've never hated the Cardinals. Sure, I didn't like them when they knocked us out of the playoffs but generally have never actively rooted for them to lose like I do for the Yanks and Dodgers.
for sure, but not for ranger fans

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.