***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

258,013 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by petebaker
kb2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Astros are just not good right now. We were only holding on to 1st place because the Rangers and M's were losing also. Now that they're playing each other, somebody has to win.

I'll take my crow served fresh. I thought the Stros had turned the corner, but it quickly fell apart. There isn't much time left to turn it around, but hopefully the division is a dogfight to the end.
CoachtobeNamed$$$
I'm pissed. Astros don't deserve to win the division if the Royals and Athletics can take them down at crunch time. Hopefully we get a damn Wildcard….which could be a little blessing considering our home record.
I'm gonna bang some freakin' pots.
JWinTX
The Astros have the most talent of anyone in baseball and the manager is gonna blow it. He will ride off into retirement having won a ring, but the longer he has stayed in Houston, the more obvious it's become that the guy needs to be in the retirement home.
tjack16
AG
Yeah if the Astros blow the division to the rangers … y'all deserve to clown us on here. Astros have nobody to blame but themselves.
Grapesoda2525
JWinTX said:

The Astros have the most talent of anyone in baseball and the manager is gonna blow it. He will ride off into retirement having won a ring, but the longer he has stayed in Houston, the more obvious it's become that the guy needs to be in the retirement home.
I still think he would be better than Jeff Banister.
Legal Custodian
AG
tjack16 said:

Yeah if the Astros blow the division to the rangers … y'all deserve to clown us on here. Astros have nobody to blame but themselves.

I think both teams have a legit stance saying "we gave it away"
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Legal Custodian said:

tjack16 said:

I think both teams have a legit stance saying "we gave it away"
Absolutely agree.

I don't necessarily think the Astros have the best team in baseball but they may be top 3 or 4. I actually think the Braves are the best team in baseball this year, which typically means, someone else is winning the WS.

Do you Astros fans think the historic beat down of the Rangers contributed to the malaise they are currently in? Things sure have been different since then.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
This thread has turned into less of a trash talk thread about the other team and more of a trash talk thread of our own teams!
Double Talkin' Jive...
cupofjoe04
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

This thread has turned into less of a trash talk thread about the other team and more of a trash talk thread of our own teams!
If the shoes fit...
South Platte
It's tough being the champs and defending your title. The Astros look mentally and physically exhausted. It doesn't look like guys are grinding out at bats like they usually do. They typically refuse to give in. I'm just not seeing that right now. Too many at bats are given away.
Marvin
AG
South Platte said:

It's tough being the champs and defending your title. The Astros look mentally and physically exhausted. It doesn't look like guys are grinding out at bats like they usually do. They typically refuse to give in. I'm just not seeing that right now. Too many at bats are given away.

Agreed. I do t think they will be too devastated if they miss the playoffs. Just don't see the same energy or drive. And it all starts with the manager…
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
tjack16
AG
Congrats Rangers fans. I will not blame you one bit if you flood this thread over the next few weeks
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
tjack16 said:

Congrats Rangers fans. I will not blame you one bit if you flood this thread over the next few weeks

As much as we would like to flood the thread, I'll refrain from making the Baseball God's angry. It ain't over yet.
Double Talkin' Jive...
JWinTX
I won't…because the Rangers still haven't won anything yet. And the Astros lost this…no other way to look at it, if it holds up.
XXXVII
Actually, go Rangers!

And whoever is playing the Blue Jays. We need Seattle and the Blue Jays to keep losing.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
tjack16 said:

I see you trying to pull off the reverse jinx.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Yeah, that was 100% bait.
Double Talkin' Jive...
tjack16
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

tjack16 said:

Yeah, that was 100% bait.

Not at all. Just getting some crow after I talked a lot of crap this season.
KNM2020
AG
JWinTX said:

I won't…because the Rangers still haven't won anything yet. And the Astros lost this…no other way to look at it, if it holds up.
KNM2020
AG
tjack16 said:

This is great self (team) awareness.. but as a rangers fan I'm still not confident just yet
agdaddy04
AG
Then you haven't been lurking on our thread recently. Most people there don't think we're making the playoffs
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Then you haven't been lurking on our thread recently. Most people there don't think we're making the playoffs

I've been lurking. You guys, rightfully so, are not happy. But, I'm not counting any chickens yet. Every day is like Christmas Eve. We just don't know if we're getting an Atari or a mood ring.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Mathguy64
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

agdaddy04 said:

I've been lurking. You guys, rightfully so, are not happy. But, I'm not counting any chickens yet. Every day is like Christmas Eve. We just don't know if we're getting an Atari or a mood ring.

We got a potato. A Baker that's been in the oven so long it's turned into a rancid inedible crusty chunk of crap that just needs to be thrown into the trash.
South Platte
I doubt you'll see many Rangers fans on here popping off. But I don't understand the fury Astros fans have against their baseball team. You act like you've got other teams in town to follow - - you don't. This is all you have. You might want to lighten up on the angst. It's a long way to April.
Marvin
AG
South Platte said:

I doubt you'll see many Rangers fans on here popping off. But I don't understand the fury Astros fans have against their baseball team. You act like you've got other teams in town to follow - - you don't. This is all you have. You might want to lighten up on the angst. It's a long way to April.

Did you not watch our mighty Texans today? No, well nobody else did either, but they won a game. Stroud May be the real deal. Anderson is good. We're coming, baby!!!
cc10106
There is no good excuse for being in this position on the outside looking in. The standard has been set by the Astros for years now, and they didn't meet it.
tjack16
AG
Astros vs Mariners is essentially the "play in" series for the AL playoffs.
Project Gemini
AG
We are used to winning divisions, leagues, and championships. Let's not pretend you know what that means.
GrapevineAg
AG
agent-maroon
AG
Project Gemini said:

We are used to winning divisions, leagues, and championships. Let's not pretend you know what that means.

Let's also not pretend to ignore the sting of being swept by a 100 loss team at home when you were supposedly still playing for one of those division championships.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Project Gemini
AG
Yeah, we aren't ignoring it. It was in response to the comment about the fury with our team. We are used to winning and are losing to **** teams. Again, let's not pretend you have experience speaking about the former. Im sure it hurts you guys to see us losing to these guys too after suffering a humiliating final stand against the Astros this year. You got absolutely throttled by a team that can't beat the A's or Royals.
LeagueCityAg
AG
GrapevineAg said:

*bang bang*
agent-maroon
AG
We lost to a few good teams and won a lot more against the same. The astros were just one of them.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Project Gemini said:

Yeah, we aren't ignoring it. It was in response to the comment about the fury with our team. We are used to winning and are losing to **** teams. Again, let's not pretend you have experience speaking about the former. Im sure it hurts you guys to see us losing to these guys too after suffering a humiliating final stand against the Astros this year. You got absolutely throttled by a team that can't beat the A's or Royals.
Nah, it's not hurting us. It's pretty great watching y'all choke against the Royals.
agent-maroon
AG
Project Gemini said:

And did you really think that trying to hurt our feelings with that comment was the best way to respond?

"It must really hurt to have been swept by a team that sucks as bad as we do right now"

lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.