***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

257,979 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by petebaker
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fullback44 said:

No trash talk but the Astros got back Altuve, Yordon And Brantly all within a few weeks and they caught up and passed the field quite quickly .. had this happened sooner they would prob have a comfortable lead in the division. Getting Verlander back was a gift from above (or the Mets.. lol ) …. Astros are in a good spot w all these guys back .. now if our manager will play them all together.. so frustrating the way Dusty manages the team

Rangers problems seem to be around your pitching / bull pen. When you have to use the pen early and often in the first half of the season those arms are stressed by the end of the season .. I don't know the Rangers pens innings pitched but I suspect it's up there pretty high to have them fall apart at the end ?
Lots of truth. Our lineup got a little disjointed losing Garcia for a bit, then Seager, Heim, then Jung. Hitting with runners in scoring position has fallen off a cliff in August-September. Strikeouts have ticked up, but we are also 4th in MLB in walks. We just can't get the big hit.

And we've tried 9 closers. NBC - Never Be Closing
Marvin
AG
fullback44 said:

No trash talk but the Astros got back Altuve, Yordon And Brantly all within a few weeks and they caught up and passed the field quite quickly .. had this happened sooner they would prob have a comfortable lead in the division. Getting Verlander back was a gift from above (or the Mets.. lol ) …. Astros are in a good spot w all these guys back .. now if our manager will play them all together.. so frustrating the way Dusty manages the team

Rangers problems seem to be around your pitching / bull pen. When you have to use the pen early and often in the first half of the season those arms are stressed by the end of the season .. I don't know the Rangers pens innings pitched but I suspect it's up there pretty high to have them fall apart at the end ?

Not sure you'll get a response. Southern Oklahoma has moved on to the Cowboys... or in one disturbing case, abusing kids in a bumper car ride. But, it is the Metrosexualplex so they all act like scorned women anyway, haha.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Marvin
AG
South Platte said:

fullback44 said:

Lots of truth. Our lineup got a little disjointed losing Garcia for a bit, then Seager, Heim, then Jung. Hitting with runners in scoring position has fallen off a cliff in August-September. Strikeouts have ticked up, but we are also 4th in MLB in walks. We just can't get the big hit.

And we've tried 9 closers. NBC - Never Be Closing

Rangers need to figure out a bridge strategy to remaining relevant while bringing up all that young talent... and hope they are not AAAA players. A few likely will be, it happens to everyone, but overall the team should be better in a few years. You just need to figure a way to immediate success like the Dodgers adn Braves as opposed to the learning curves that Baltimore and Houston endured.
LarryElder
Quote:

MASAXET said:

On a lighter note, after a rough Saturday my family went to a carnival and my young daughter wanted me to join her in the bumper rides. I was behind the wheel and spotted a 5 year old kid with an Astros shirt. Needless to say, I made that kid's life hell for 5 minutes. No regrets, definitely took the edge off after a tough sports week.
Woah Ranger fans are so tough picking on 5 year olds what a chump
jah003
S
LarryElder said:

Quote:

MASAXET said:

On a lighter note, after a rough Saturday my family went to a carnival and my young daughter wanted me to join her in the bumper rides. I was behind the wheel and spotted a 5 year old kid with an Astros shirt. Needless to say, I made that kid's life hell for 5 minutes. No regrets, definitely took the edge off after a tough sports week.

Same energy.

Bag
AG
The Rangers season went south when they lost the stud third baseman, it can be mapping almost directly to that, was a huge loss
Marvin
AG
Bag said:

The Rangers season went south when they lost the stud third baseman, it can be mapping almost directly to that, was a huge loss

You may be right since he went down in early August. At the same time, everyone has to overcome injuries. I'd say a bigger reason is that Rangers had Joe Blows playing way over their heads for the first half of the season.
Florida Aggie
AG
Might as well lock this thread. Nebraska got a better shot at the playoffs this year. Rangers are cooked all that money in free agency and acquiring Schezer for third in the division. Atleast Trout went on his annual IL stint so you didn't end up in fourth.

gigem1223
Florida Aggie said:

Might as well lock this thread. Nebraska got a better shot at the playoffs this year. Rangers are cooked all that money in free agency and acquiring Schezer for third in the division. Atleast Trout went on his annual IL stint so you didn't end up in fourth.

These kind of posts always age well. There's still close to 3 weeks left in the season, the Rangers are only .5 game out and fixing to have a 3 game win streak.
South Platte
Good lord brother. Just a few days ago we got swept by Astros in most lopsided series in mlb history. We barely won the Oakland series.

FloridaAggie hasn't been on this thread all season so just ignore him. Who knows if he even knows who plays LF for Houston. Let's win a few more before we start back up.
gigem1223
South Platte said:

Good lord brother. Just a few days ago we got swept by Astros in most lopsided series in mlb history. We barely won the Oakland series.

FloridaAggie hasn't been on this thread all season so just ignore him. Who knows if he even knows who plays LF for Houston. Let's win a few more before we start back up.

Bad stretches happen to everyone. So many want to write the Rangers off already when they're only a .5 game back and depending on the Seattle game may actually be in after tonight. They're finally getting a little healthier and may have Jung back by the weekend. Things are starting to look a little better. Just gotta keep stringing Ws.
BadAggie
AG
LarryElder said:

Quote:

MASAXET said:

Lol. Fifty year old obese drunkard yelling at a 5 year old. Yeah man, I showed that kid!
BadAggie
AG
BadAggie said:

LarryElder said:

Quote:

MASAXET said:

Lol. Fifty year old obese drunkard yelling at a 5 year old. Yeah man, I showed that kid!

Rangers fans need to police their fanbase. Yikes.

Hope that guy didn't have an Ag Tag
Florida Aggie
AG
In the end you will get a season of moral victories:

• Lead the Division through August
  • Will finish third this year(thanks to key off and mid season moves)
  • Six All-Stars
Silent For Too Long
Florida Aggie said:

In the end you will get a season of moral victories:

• Lead the Division through August
  • Will finish third this year(thanks to key off and mid season moves)
  • Six All-Stars

*Totally OWNED that 5 year old on bumper cars.
Panama Red
AG
Reports are out that Astros are intercepting pitch-com transmissions. That explains why the Rangers got the historic beatdown.

PrestigeWorldwideAg12
And it's why they are now getting killed by the A's right
Panama Red
AG
Exactly! The interception only works on the road. A's are definitely cheating!
gigem1223
Panama Red said:

Reports are out that Astros are intercepting pitch-com transmissions. That explains why the Rangers got the historic beatdown.

Simple. The Rangers are obviously the Astros Super Bowl.
Marvin
AG
So now that the Rangers are scoring more in a game against Toronto than they have in most series since the ASB, I guess they are the ones hacking Pitch Com? I mean, it sounds totally reasonable. Can't be a hot streak- that never happens in baseball.

htxag09
AG
Marvin said:

So now that the Rangers are scoring more in a game against Toronto than they have in most series since the ASB, I guess they are the ones hacking Pitch Com? I mean, it sounds totally reasonable. Can't be a hot streak- that never happens in baseball.
No....No....No....You got it all wrong....

This year, the Astros are better on the road. They are obviously the only team that has ever cheated in the history of baseball and the only team capable of cheating. So....you can only hack the pitch com in road games, duh.

If the Rangers are doing well at home....it's just good ol' fashioned home field advantage, plain and simple.
aggiedata
AG

Looks like they did just that!!
jkag89
Panama Red said:

Link to these "reports?"
BadAggie
AG
ARLINGTON, YOU MAGNIFICENT BAHSTARDS. I HACKED YOUR PITCHCOM!

gigem1223
gigem1223 said:

Florida Aggie said:

These kind of posts always age well. There's still close to 3 weeks left in the season, the Rangers are only .5 game out and fixing to have a 3 game win streak.

Aging like fine wine
Florida Aggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

gigem1223 said:

Florida Aggie said:

Aging like fine wine
Be careful... Its the hope that kills you.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Hey Rangerettes the reason people aren't posting over on your thread has nothing to do with your team or your winning streak or even the lack of Houston wins… it has to do with y'all getting anyone who has ever posted one time on the Astros thread in their lives banned for being on your thread lol so yeah they are gunna stop haha
TefIon Don
AG
Can someone decipher this for me?
gigem1223
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Hey Rangerettes the reason people aren't posting over on your thread has nothing to do with your team or your winning streak or even the lack of Houston wins… it has to do with y'all getting anyone who has ever posted one time on the Astros thread in their lives banned for being on your thread lol so yeah they are gunna stop haha

I damn near had a seizure trying to read this
BMX Bandit
TefIon Don said:

astro fan post on ranger thread during ranger losing streak

ranger fan cries to staff, gets astro fan a ban

astro fan stops posting on ranger thread

ranger fan confused why astro fan stopped posting on ranger thread
BMX Bandit
gigem1223 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

between the near seizures from reading and you getting so worked up about what is said on a "Trash talk" thread, have you considered seeing a doctor? doesn't seem healthy
JohnnyTexAg1995
BMX Bandit said:

TefIon Don said:

astro fan post on ranger thread during ranger losing streak

ranger fan cries to staff, gets astro fan a ban

astro fan stops posting on ranger thread

ranger fan confused why astro fan stopped posting on ranger thread
haha I was like is it that hard to follow? Maybe for them it is haha
htxag09
AG
Hitting the bottle early on a Friday
gigem1223
I guess us rangers fans need to start a monthly subscription to our thread. Looks like we could make quite a bit of profit from you Astros fans.
gigem1223
BMX Bandit said:

gigem1223 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

between the near seizures from reading and you getting so worked up about what is said on a "Trash talk" thread, have you considered seeing a doctor? doesn't seem healthy

The only ones I see worked up are Astros fans. It's pretty apparent y'all are upset from conversations on the rangers thread.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.