***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

295,736 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by petebaker
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a buddy who works the 50-50 raffle to basically get into games free when he wants (postseason and WS). His group didn't get rings, but pretty much everyone else did. I think Crane gave out well over 1,000 rings each time. It's not the same ring the players get, but it's still extremely nice.
Project Gemini
AG
So Semien and the Rangers got butthurt by trash talk from literally the worst batter in the history of the sport. Talk about thin skin, a little pecker, or maybe both. Glad he has a fat bank account at least.
tjack16
AG
Speaking of Maldonado… his ring giveaway night is in 3 weeks against the Red Sox.

So if any of you ever think you couldn't make it in the MLB because you're "out of shape" or "can't hit". You too can have your own WS ring giveaway night

I think his biggest contribution to our WS run last year was getting hit by a pitch to help set up the Yordan game 6 homerun
Ag_07
AG
tjack16 said:

I think his biggest contribution to our WS run last year was getting hit by a pitch to help set up the Yordan game 6 homerun

ASTERISK AGAIN!!!! Why can't you cheaters ever win a legit championship? - Ranger fans probably
BadAggie
AG
Farmer1906 said:

jah003 said:

justnobody79 said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

Quote:

Was anybody there to grab a replica ring?

Haha. That's right. It was ring night!! Your team blinked when things got chippy, but at least you saw some home runs and got a magic ring.

We have ring nights every Wednesday home game… so we're doing fine. Won the series and cut the lead down by a game
will next week be "we won 2 of 3 vs. Arlington" ring night?

"Punched a guy in the face that one time" ring night.
"Almost won the World Series that one time" ring night.
"Grabbed some guys balls" ring night.
"Play baseball in a stupid ass barn with fake grass" ring night.

It's wild that two of the most iconic Ranger moments are punching someone.

When you can't win…
dermdoc
AG
https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-teams-yet-to-win-world-series-title-c221751514?partnerID=web_article-share
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BadAggie
AG
dermdoc said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-teams-yet-to-win-world-series-title-c221751514?partnerID=web_article-share

Kinda explains the general stupidity and excitement about middling crap like all-stars of the Ranger and Mariner fan bases.
frenchtoast
Wabs said:

I'll give it to the Ranger fans. They talk some decent (and consistent) smack for never winning Jack ***** Impressive no doubt.
I got lots of training following Aggie football.
The Shank Ag
frenchtoast said:

Wabs said:

I'll give it to the Ranger fans. They talk some decent (and consistent) smack for never winning Jack ***** Impressive no doubt.

That Astros argument is so ridiculous seeing that until a few years ago neither squad had a WS and had both barely made it to one. Congrats on the run, the rangers could build a group to do the same and match.

Neither of us are the Yankees/dodgers/giants/cards. Stop acting like your recency is creating such a wide gap
jah003
S
The Shank Ag said:

frenchtoast said:

Wabs said:

That Astros argument is so ridiculous seeing that until a few years ago neither squad had a WS and had both barely made it to one. Congrats on the run, the rangers could build a group to do the same and match.

Neither of us are the Yankees/dodgers/giants/cards. Stop acting like your recency is creating such a wide gap
The Astros have been the best team in baseball over the past 6-7 years. I could maybe name a handful of teams in baseball history who have been this good in a 7 year time span.

So yea… we're going to talk crap. Rangers can do the same when they go on a similar run.
Farmer1906
AG
The Shank Ag said:

frenchtoast said:

Wabs said:

We're not the Yankees. Those losers haven't been to a WS since Sherman was in his sophomore year as the Aggie HC.

You are lying to yourself if you think the gap isn't enormous between the two teams. There is 0 chance the Rangers go on a is list run.
kb2001
AG
The Shank Ag said:

frenchtoast said:

Wabs said:

Any team in MLB could build a group to do the same and match. The difference is, the Astros have done it and are still in progress, and the Rangers haven't done it, have never come close to doing it, and there are no signs that they will ever do it.

The ALCS has run through Houston the last 6 seasons. As of now, it still does.
Mathguy64
AG
The Shank Ag said:

frenchtoast said:

Wabs said:

You have to be kidding. The Astros have played in 6 straight LCS. Do you know who else has played in 6 straight LCS since 1968? The 1990s Atlanta Braves. That's it. Not the Yankees. Not the Dodgers. Not StL. Not SF. Not anyone else. To call it a historic run is an understatement.

7 playoffs in 8 years, 5 Division titles.
6 straight ALCS, winning 4
Won 2 of 4 WS.

For all their gaudy spending and regular season records lately you would think the Dodgers could match that? Nope. Not the Yankees either. Not SF. Not StL. Nobody.
LarryElder
Mathguy64 said:

The Shank Ag said:

frenchtoast said:

Wabs said:

You have to be kidding. The Astros have played in 6 straight LCS. Do you know who else has played in 6 straight LCS since 1968? The 1990s Atlanta Braves. That's it. Not the Yankees. Not the Dodgers. Not StL. Not SF. Not anyone else. To call it a historic run is an understatement.

Won 2 of 4 WS.

For all their gaudy spending and regular season records lately you would think the Dodgers could match that? Nope. Not the Yankees either. Not SF. Not StL. Nobody.

You are talking to proabky the most ignorant fans in all of sports .. Rangers are an insignificant franchise
PatriotAg02
AG
Mathguy64 said:

The Shank Ag said:

frenchtoast said:

Wabs said:

Won 2 of 4 WS.

Yet...........nobody cares. Houston is not a popular team in MLB.
BadAggie
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Mathguy64 said:

The Shank Ag said:

frenchtoast said:

Wabs said:

Won 2 of 4 WS.

Would you rather be popular or win Nancy?
dave94
AG
Good god, that's what I was saying

"Nancy"? Really?!?
Ag_07
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Mathguy64 said:

The Shank Ag said:

frenchtoast said:

Wabs said:

Won 2 of 4 WS.

And...WGAF?

That doesn't lessen the accomplishments or make it any less historic.
Cromagnum
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Mathguy64 said:

The Shank Ag said:

frenchtoast said:

Wabs said:

Won 2 of 4 WS.

tjack16
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Mathguy64 said:

The Shank Ag said:

frenchtoast said:

Wabs said:

Won 2 of 4 WS.

A&M isn't a popular team in the NCAA but you'd be bragging to everybody if they won a Natty
Harry Dunne
Very on-brand Dallas smack talk. Like the Cowboys, haven't done squat in the playoffs in almost 30 years…but hey, they're popular!!!
dermdoc
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Mathguy64 said:

The Shank Ag said:

frenchtoast said:

Wabs said:

Won 2 of 4 WS.

Maybe so. But Ranger fans sure "care" about the Astros. Almost to an unhealthy obsession level.

Weird
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Legal Custodian
AG
That's cute
South Platte
Well this is the trash talk thread. Probably more pro-Astro posts on this than Rangers.

Both teams need to get rolling at this point. Otherwise this thread will be pretty quiet after the first week of October.
Marvin
AG
South Platte said:

Well this is the trash talk thread. Probably more pro-Astro posts on this than Rangers.

Both teams need to get rolling at this point. Otherwise this thread will be pretty quiet after the first week of October.

Injuries may end up being the story of 2023 for both teams.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
dermdoc
AG
Marvin said:

South Platte said:

Injuries may end up being the story of 2023 for both teams.

Agree.
tjack16
AG
Neither team showing that killer instinct to take the division right now.

I think it'll pretty much stay within 2-3 games until that series on Labor Day. Whoever wins that series, likely wins the division
Ciboag96
Slap fight in the AL West
Furlock Bones
AG
Rangers just made the moves that feel very much like our squad in 2017. Stros were leading all year but had waffled towards the middle of the season. we brought in Verlander to put the team over the top.

Farmer1906
AG
Old man Max isn't 2017 Verlander. The Rangers don't have the secret sauce to unlock a new level of Max like the Astros did with JV. I would not be shocked if Macgomery is more valuable than Max, the rest of the season.
Mr Gigem
AG
Let's not forget what the actual secret sauce was in 2017
Farmer1906
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Let's not forget what the actual secret sauce was in 2017
Are you trying to say pitch stealing that Beltran brought from Arlington helped Verlander? Weird.
Farmer1906
AG
I am not just being a hater of Arlington either on Max.

Fastball Velo the last 5 seasons: 94.9, 94.7, 94.3, 94.0, 93.6.

It's not just the fastball. The cutter, slider, & change up are down too.

Exit Velo is up
Barrel % is up
Hard Hit % is up
Sweet Spot % is up
xBA & BA are up
xSLG & SLG are up
xwOBA & wOBA are up
BB% is up
K% is down

Outside of the shortened 2020 season, this is the worst year of Max's career since they started publishing data on Savant.

Max is 54th in fWAR this year for qualified starters. He's behind guys like Patrick Corbin, Rich Hill, & Kyle Freeland.

Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

Old man Max isn't 2017 Verlander. The Rangers don't have the secret sauce to unlock a new level of Max like the Astros did with JV. I would not be shocked if Macgomery is more valuable than Max, the rest of the season.

In fairness we don't know what secret sauce the Rangers have. Maddux has gotten a top-5 in the AL performance so far out of what I had considered to be a pretty mediocre starting rotation even with DeGrom out.

Eff the Rangers but you also have to give credit where credit is due.
Farmer1906
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Farmer1906 said:

In fairness we don't know what secret sauce the Rangers have. Maddux has gotten a top-5 in the AL performance so far out of what I had considered to be a pretty mediocre starting rotation even with DeGrom out.

Eff the Rangers but you also have to give credit where credit is due.

Top 5, you say?

5th in ERA
5th in WHIP
8th in FIP
10th in xFIP
12th in SIERA
12th in K-BB%
8th in fWAR
13th in Pitching+

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.